The online racing simulator
Bored of the F1 car?
(84 posts, started )
Im not bored of it.
I just cant drive it, the speed of the thing really messes with my head and my eyes.
bit of a shame really..
Quote from MAGGOT :That is actually false, as "Brakes" being the first noun in the sentence becomes the subject of said sentence. The correct wording would be "The car has effective braking."

Got to remember though, Im scottish and I like to bastardise English at any given chance. So the brakes are whatever I tell them to be.

But yeah point taken
Bored of the F1 Car: No, Sir!!!
much the same experience with bf1
That thing is just out of this world.
it is so blastingly fast, noone on public servers remembers to "bahve" well!
They all have more of a hand full with the task of not spinning/crashing/ under- or overbraking that beast.

But on the other hand it fits most of the current tracks, which are in fact mostly high-speed tracks with over all very broad tarmac and only slight corners, except let's say some fern bay tracks and maybe some out of south city.

Why i'm saying this? Well the most popular track is doomed to be Aston national. Most racers race this track in one of the bigger GTRs. And the bf1 is only the logiacal top-end addition to all those speed-freaks. BUT then again, for alle those it is much more of a handfull, cause all of the sudden even those high-speed tracks seem to get "narrower" when driven on with the bf1.

i've purchased my license only shortly after S2 came out. The car i was mostly awaiting: FZ50 and RAC. The car i now like the most? FZ50 -- and then the other roadgoing cars and then the big GTRs, small GTRs and at the long last the single-seaters. 'Cause the road cars are much more fun. I feel like a small boy trying to really master a car, not like a dumm doll, that someone pushed into a Single-seater cockpit with slicks that's way above ones skill-level.illepall

Maybe, with time going by i will develop a more intimate feel for the bf1. But for now i think of it more like a "nice to have" feature for some laps inbetween.

I think it's best value will be that it's going to bring LFS into the news. Intel is doing it's "racing tour" promotion with it and that might get a lot of people hooked onto LFS, that previously idin't even own a games-capable computer AND/OR just played some arcarde racer on a games-console.
Can't get tired of the BF1. I'm tired of the idiots that keep wrecking me out of the track though...

I am a G.P. series fan, and I came to LFS mostly because of the formulas (F08 anf FOX at the the time). The inclusion of the BF1 was a very important moment to LFS.

Believe me, I was playing LFS fewer and fewer, but since the BF1 came to the tracks, my interest just got bigger.
I think it's by far the best car in LFS, and a season on a competition with the BF1 can be fantastic. Much strategy, nerves of steel, cold blood are required, but hey! that's Formula 1.

Unexperienced drivers, should keep practicing offline until they can really understand and handling the car properly, because that's what is making the car unpopular.

Now, I really can't understand why are people complainting about the fact of car existing on LFS illepall ...
C'mon! I'm not a fan of the LX's, XF, XR's, but am I against those cars?! NO!!
I don't like drifting, and I don't do drifting, but am I against drifters?! Hell NO!!

I respect drifters, drag racers, GT racers... whatever!

Now in the end I just have to say, I love the BF1, LFS is more intersting with it.

(sorry about my poor english... but anyway I don't "throw the vomit when I race" or something like that)
I think the devs should have dropped in a real world track. I think that's needed more than a F1 car. I think more people are dying to drive the beloved LFS cars on the tracks that we race daily in other sims. Just for the sake of being able to compare would have been worth so much more to me. F1 is good, but nothing special since ISI has the same type of deal going on for rFactor, but that game is starting to suck. Dont get me wrong, I love F1, but you kinda need the whole package - pit stops, pit crew, all the cars, etc.
I absolutely love the BF1. Probably 70% of my racing is BF1, with some FOX, FZR, and GTI (demo servers) on the side Before the patch, i drove the F08 whenever i could, sometimes even if there werent any races going, i'd join an empty server. I'm just a huge fan of open-wheelers. MRT is still a blast when you can find a race

My only complaint is that its hard to find races sometimes (non-oval). Not only that, but everyone seems to want to race on blackwood with it. Blackwood is simply too small of a track for the BF1 imo. The AS/KY/WE tracks are much better. SO long is nice too, if you can make it around more than a few laps without hitting the barrier. SO Long is just so intense. It's the monaco of LFS
I don't think Blackwood is too small, its just a bit overdone at the moment. It seems that AS National was the track of choice, now its BL.

I personally like to race different tracks all the time as I find some people get a track down waaaay too well and always beat me

Lets have some more WE insanity please as well as AS GP - GP there's a clue there as to what type of car it's designed for!!
Quote from southamptonfc :I don't think Blackwood is too small, its just a bit overdone at the moment. It seems that AS National was the track of choice, now its BL.

And the only reason for that seems to be that it was used as the pre release BF1 teasing material.
#60 - SamH
Quote from AndroidXP :And the only reason for that seems to be that it was used as the pre release BF1 teasing material.

Yeah, exactly!

Who said marketing doesn't pay? I don't know if anyone did, but I've sure had MY head turned, seeing the BF1/BL1 phenomenum.

The BF1 IS drivable around Blackwood, but I think it's a MUCH better, and MUCH more satisfying drive around others. KYGP Long is great, and so is Aston GP, and Aston GT too. It's fab around Aston National, and Westhill is a blast, but I feel claustrophobic in the BF1 on Blackwood. You can't "stretch your legs" enough. Not enough time.
Eveyone starting to notice they really can't drive the F1 car fast? I really don't see what's so hard about it. I don't find it any harder then the FO8 in the pre patch eara. Still think that the FO8 is a fun car, the BF1 is just more exciting.
i dont like the Formula 1.
i drove it once in a league race and i think 2 times before just 4 fun.
It's quite simple.

If you are skilled enough, you have a much better start in a F1 car than other users.
The distance between the skilled drivers in the BMW F1's and a field of XFGti's is different.. different enough to warrant the group of "5" skilled drivers, to pull away from the field of unskilled drivers and thus avoid the first corner melee.

Now.. I'm an oval Junkie (hehehe) and there's a big difference betweenn doing 0-100 in 2.8 or 2.9 seconds for a skilled driver.. and the 3.5 to 4.5 seconds that the lesser drivers take.

Offcourse.. you can still be taken out by someone that has done 16.000 laps.. it all depends if someone sees you.
Hi. My comp went south a couple a months ago. I finally got a new one and am in the process of hooking everything up to it. I gotta admit, I'm interested in this BMW, But it's a "real" car... With the exception of the ones they already put in, I really don't think they need any real ones modeled in. So
it kinda puts me off a bit too. I dunno When I get all set up I'll make my opinion then.

Uh off -topic, regarding Mr Rogers Post (hey dude ) It's STILL deserted?
Man, that sucks. I figured at least two more people would be playing by now
i still haven't tried the BF1 in multiplayer... i just tried it once in single player, but i believe it's quite hard to drive with many other drivers around...

p.s. i still haven't tried most of the cars and tracks, because i bought S2 just three days ago!!
coming from demo the S2 seems soo big that i doubt that i will ever manage to try every track or car! it's a great game!
well I drive just for fun, and lately I have been learning to drive the GTR class... but today was special, I got brave enough to drive the Formula 1, I picked Aston Grand Prix, and was astounded by the potential of the car...also
where a XR GTR was screetching tires, and trying to lose control, the F1 zoomed by with no problems...actually I drove a healthy 10 laps and I can say that I am not ready for that monster yet....
but also I have learned that I couldnt drive that car on Blackwood...not enough room
just takes practice, like everything else in life you'll get it eventually.
I think I've done a whole two laps with the BF1. Just never got around to racing it.
#69 - Smax
I take the nooblear missile for a spin occasionally, but only offline or if I'm on a server with just a couple of other people. The very few times I've tried to race it in a full field has resulted in more T1 carnage than a field full of foxes at SO classic.

Personally I find the FO8 to be a much more rewarding drive, the lack of traction control and the fact that it doesn't have mental brakes means you just can't go into a corner waaaaay too fast and rely on the car to pull you 'round it in quite the same way as you can in the Sauber.
The BF1 is a recipie for carnage at T1. Worse than SO classic/FOX.

I stick to GTR cars and road cars myself.
Quote from duke_toaster :The BF1 is a recipie for carnage at T1. Worse than SO classic/FOX.

I stick to GTR cars and road cars myself.

It's gonna take a very long time, to adjust to speeds of holding up, overtaking, pacing on the BF1 as it would on FOX and V8.

I see the BF1 eventually take its course into proper close racing .
Yeah, people often complain about being taken out and stuff at T1 and I know sometimes there is nothing you can do.

However a lot of the time it's because you aren't any good at AVOIDING the accident, you have too see these things coming a long way ahead, make your self some space on the track and drive defensively, its a skill that some people don't even know exists, let alone have mastered.
true true, thats what i land up resorting to, but what do you do when someone doesnt brake

well.. theres 2 parts to this one
1: someone that doesnt brake at all... you.. really cant do anything about that, especially if your in the front of the pack and cant see him
2: if you can see them and they try to brake.. several times i have run off the road just to save my car, but you really cant do anything about being chased up your bum
Agreed.

Here is how I try to stay away from it.

In the picture you can see the apex where most people go straight towards, the crash normally happens just before where all the cars try and go into the same space of track.

The line round the outside is the one that I take if I'm near the front of the grid, there is more room out there and you can often either drive round the accident or pick you way through the scattered cars.

If you are on the outside of the corner it also allows people who have overcooked the corner more time to see you, get out of their slide and avoid you. If you are on the inside apex and they're in a slide, there's nothing they can do to avoid you.

This doesn't stop you getting rear ended by someone who really wants to cause a pileup of severly missed their braking point but most often, people lock up while heading towards the inside apex, so the outside of the track is often clear.
Attached images
crash.JPG
tried that many times.. lol

heres my way of looking at it, if your in first or have inside line... take it as fast as you know you can, because if your first or really close to front and decide to take the "safe" outside lane.. and there is a crash in T1 lol, be prepared to be smacked really hard because here comes plenty of cars barrelling your way just because you decided to take the outside lane

but it really depends on where you are in the pack, if your in front.. try and take apex and get out quick, if your middle, watch for any signs of a crash about to happen and do whatever it takes, and if your last or near last.. well, if there is a wreck, just try to get around and dont go flying into the turn and run into someone else hard enough to wreck your own car.. that just makes situations worse

Bored of the F1 car?
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG