The online racing simulator
Truck Racing
(66 posts, started )
Oh truck racing would be very amazing.

If we may see a race truck in S3 I will buy it for sure!
Quote from jakeeatworld :I'm not sure how accurate my knowledge is on trucks that race but...
Truck have more than 6 gears I think and they run a H-pattern gearbox, and with most of todays sim racing equipment the most gears you will find in a H-Shifter is 8, so bringing trucks into LFS, a simulator, would be kind of unrealistic. Yes, you could use a sequential gearbox but it would hamper the realistic side to LFS.

1. How can something that is real be unrealistic
2. as far as I know most new trucks have a automatic transmission
3. there are trucks with shifters like THIS (I would love to drive that once xD. Wanna know if I can remember which shifter to use)
4. we have a lot more unrealistic stuff in LFS (for example our loved red white barriers)
Something like this?
Quote from Bob Smith :Something like this?

OMG that is amazing :O

DO WANT!

E:
Now don't be scared to show the body, I will love it!
Truck racing would be totally awesome.

I approve.
Quote from jakeeatworld :I'm not sure how accurate my knowledge is on trucks that race but...
Truck have more than 6 gears I think and they run a H-pattern gearbox, and with most of todays sim racing equipment the most gears you will find in a H-Shifter is 8, so bringing trucks into LFS, a simulator, would be kind of unrealistic. Yes, you could use a sequential gearbox but it would hamper the realistic side to LFS.
I know many pro sim racers opt for flappy paddles in GTR cars and other cars that are meant to have stick shifts but I for one prefer to keep it as realistic as possible and therefore use the appropriate shifting mechanism as according to the vehicle I am driving.

Although we do have people racing round using a keyboard or mouse, which I acknowledge in real life, would be pretty difficult.

road trucks have up to 30 and run on a range changer with high nd low range. race trucks use 13 gears and i think they run sequential so it would work
the brazilian trucks use manual shifter and 6 gears, like a road car in LFS (and also NASCAR cars too), so its not so hard to implement...

PS: The brazilian trucks are the most powerful from the world, so my vote is for they.
@Bob

Check your paypal.
#38 - senn
Quote from zeugnimod :I just had to smile about this post after reading this:

just 1 minute ago.

Do you notice any incongruity?

Have you seen any post from me ranting another user?! (Like you are doing now) - You just posted with the purpose of bashing another user...

Just point where my argument (about time elapsed after the announcement of scirocco) misses logic. I was stating a fact, wasn't I?

- Do not assume that I am whining or complainting about it. That is a fact, and so it can be pointed without any second intention. JEEEEZZZZZ!!!

That is exactly what I ment when I wrote the other post: someone just asked a question and in the way mentioned "vob mods", then someone answered the actual question without making any allusion to the vob mods...

That was mature.

But I guess you got now, don't you?
Quote from eRaptor :That is exactly what I ment when I wrote the other post: someone just asked a question and in the way mentioned "vob mods", then someone answered the actual question without making any allusion to the vob mods...

That was mature.

But I guess you got now, don't you?

This part I got, and I agree with you.

But you making some sarcastic remark about the speed of updates isn't what I'd call very mature so I found that a bit hypocritic.
I would give 1000+ for that

But there are two words: rigid body. I dont think LFS would have similar to RigsOfRods' frame for chassis.
Do you guys know what crashers would do with the truck?
Quote from Amynue :Do you guys know what crashers would do with the truck?

That's it, we're ****ed.
RALLYPACK, then maybe a trophy truck to go with it.

I think scawen should hire a small crew to help him code faster!
physics good?

Truck Racing
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG