The online racing simulator
Truck Racing
(66 posts, started )
Truck Racing
truck racing will be in lfs?
like ETRC
Don't think so?
Maybe in the very distant future (who knows?) but certainly not in the next few years to come.
#4 - Mysho
Word maybe is very meaningful.
Quote from Mysho :Word maybe is very meaningful.

I like "maybe" more than "early"
Quote from Mysho :Word maybe is very meaningful.

MAYBE they are PLANNING it already.
i hope so.. would love to see some truck action in lfs..
Truck racing would indeed be pretty cool in LFS, but I remember reading somewhere that Scawen didn't want to include any diesels.

Quote from Scawen :I have never suggested or supported putting a Diesel in LFS and I'll say that now before some crazy rumours start.

He might change his mind in time to come, we never know.
Quote from beefyman666 :Truck racing would indeed be pretty cool in LFS, but I remember reading somewhere that Scawen didn't want to include any diesels.

it was that he didnt want to set himself to fully code chassis flex which is the key part on the truck. i read it in one of rockclan''s thread not long ago
In a very distant past there where rumors that lfs will once simulate "all" 4 wheel racing.
Yes please!

I think it would be great fun, alltho I don't think it will be possible before in a distant future. However, the new physics might surprise us, and might make it possible.
But first the rallypack!
I'm not sure how accurate my knowledge is on trucks that race but...
Truck have more than 6 gears I think and they run a H-pattern gearbox, and with most of todays sim racing equipment the most gears you will find in a H-Shifter is 8, so bringing trucks into LFS, a simulator, would be kind of unrealistic. Yes, you could use a sequential gearbox but it would hamper the realistic side to LFS.
I know many pro sim racers opt for flappy paddles in GTR cars and other cars that are meant to have stick shifts but I for one prefer to keep it as realistic as possible and therefore use the appropriate shifting mechanism as according to the vehicle I am driving.

Although we do have people racing round using a keyboard or mouse, which I acknowledge in real life, would be pretty difficult.
what kind of trucks are we talking, like a pickup truck, or like a semi truck?
Quote from logitekg25 :what kind of trucks are we talking, like a pickup truck, or like a semi truck?

Something like NASCAR trucks i believe, But before i want trucks, I want stock cars and talladega!!

But i believe everyone is talking about this V-V

Could be wrong, But if i am.. What trucks are we actually talking about?

I was thinking more like this, but I wouldn't mind having the Nascar-truck version either

Quote from The Very End :I was thinking more like this, but I wouldn't mind having the Nascar-truck version either

That's crazy, I hear they have to have water jets to cool the brakes cause they overheat after like two corners.. Insane, But I'd like It.
ETRC - European Truck Racing Championship
Google it
Nice would like that.
However in the rate everything is going atm that would be around 2040 or something.
Not to step on someone`s toes but that should be priorty nr1.
Quote from The Very End :I was thinking more like this, but I wouldn't mind having the Nascar-truck version either

that. But I think a good rally pack should take priority lol.
Quote from zeugnimod :Maybe in the very distant future (who knows?) but certainly not in the next few years to come.

Well, in LFS time, "very distant future" would mean at least about 50 (yes, fifty) years, since "early next year" (said when in the end of the previous) [isn't this a little confusing ] means at best 2 to 3 years...
Quote from cardriverx :that. But I think a good rally pack should take priority lol.

RALLYPACK!

Agree, it should have first priority, then the trucks can come allong later.
In the LFS could be a real truck Buggyra. Developers get the technical specifications and a 3D model of truck, but they said no.
Quote from eRaptor :Well, in LFS time, "very distant future" would mean at least about 50 (yes, fifty) years, since "early next year" (said when in the end of the previous) [isn't this a little confusing ] means at best 2 to 3 years...

I just had to smile about this post after reading this:

Quote from eRaptor :What?! No rant?!

Is the community finally getting mature?

See...

This is what this forum should be like!

Way to go, <imthebestracerthereis>

just 1 minute ago.

Truck Racing
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG