The online racing simulator
Gears and Tears, BBC1 series.
(28 posts, started )
Its all about f1 stock cars, and its epic win!

Upto episode 3 of 6 and its on now!
Is this a reality TV show? We've had a couple of these racing-based reality TV shows pop up here over in the states in the past year, they all seem to get canceled after a couple episodes though unfortunately.
#3 - 5haz
F1 stock cars do look like a laugh, they should come down to Arena Essex. The people are hilarious though, like the kind that have gained loads of wealth but no class, like builders for example, they'd fit in well at Lakeside.

Actually to be honest you'll find them in all motorsports.

Quote from UncleBenny :Is this a reality TV show? We've had a couple of these racing-based reality TV shows pop up here over in the states in the past year, they all seem to get canceled after a couple episodes though unfortunately.

Its more of a doccumentary than a reality TV show I think. Basically two families with some long running feud, cue loads of man bitching and crashes while the wives pretend to be interested, and some angry kid who keeps getting done for revenge wrecking everyone.

Its amazing how easily they let new people loose with 700 odd hp cars though.
Quote from 5haz :Its more of a doccumentary than a reality TV show I think. Basically two families with some long running feud, cue loads of man bitching and crashes while the wives pretend to be interested, and some angry kid who keeps getting done for revenge wrecking everyone.

Yup that sounds exactly like what we had over here haha. You're right though, more of a documentary than a reality show.
I -hate- these kind of shows. The commentator makes it sound like its a die or do kind of thing...

"This is his last chance to pass! If he doesnt, the planet will blow up"

It also tries to make it sound exciting and "on the edge" when it blatantly isnt...

I wont even talk about the "main cast", I think 5haz summed it up pretty well. I'll just add, cocks.
#6 - 5haz
Speedway can be exciting but well, you have to be there, those cars do have some power.

The competition is like war in that it brings out the best and worst in people, hence why there are so many cocks in racing and just a few legends.
I find it exciting, been brought up with oval and raced.
It's a good community until you piss someone off and then you know about it..
#8 - AMB
Been watching it and recording it, it's ok to watch when there's not much else on,
as for them being chavs, I doubt it, since they all have good jobs and obviously know much more than most of you about cars and earn more than all of you ever will, so if they are chavs what are you, unless you don't know what the word 'chav' means, and it doesn't mean 'Council House and Violent'.

Anyone willing to define 'chav' to me, is it because the way they speak or?
i saw some when i was in the uk.

God they're stupid
#10 - AMB
Pfft, what's a chav then?

And they are not all stupid, there's a difference between people brought up in bad areas/families and straight up chavs.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Reminds me of (The Stig)'s F1 Touring Car Series.
Quote from brandons48 :These things take serious skill to drive, 9 litre big block chevy engines in something light like that, and sideways all the way round a shale short-track oval. Awesome.

Seen them in person before, the noise is petrol head heaven.

QFT!

Driving something that powerful, we're talking 800 hp easily, with a locked diff on shale (which is slippier than mud) is not an easy thing to do at all!

Been brought up around autograss, and then later national bangers, so have seen the saloons and brisca f1 and f2 stocks as well hundreds of times, plus my mate races f2's as well, it is a hell of a lot harder than it looks!
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from DevilDare :It also tries to make it sound exciting and "on the edge" when it blatantly isnt...

isn't that what EVERY show does? I mean look at Whale Wars. They try to make being on a boat look like a death defying stunt that requires absolute mastery of every skill ever possible.
Thats show is so epic fail and my gf dies for it. i mean they are so utterly idiots,they cant do shit !
Quote from TexasLTU :Reminds me of (The Stig)'s F1 Touring Car Series.

Until it was postboned.
Quote from e2mustang :Thats show is so epic fail and my gf dies for it. i mean they are so utterly idiots,they cant do shit !

your GF dies to see people dirt racing? where did you find one like that?
lol no,whale wars XD
"This week: The European Finals, the biggest event of the season.

Next week: The World Finals, the biggest event of the season."

All of the rivalry will come to a head and the families end up racing their stupid motorhomes round the track while the kids look on in despair, wondering what they did to deserve parents as insane as these.

It's an awful show, but I have to watch it because of that very reason. It's an interesting exercise of looking at how reality is twisted by the producers of the show.
#19 - AMB
Quote from Mp3 Astra :"This week: The European Finals, the biggest event of the season.

Next week: The World Finals, the biggest event of the season."

Yeah that's... weird.

But I watch it because I genuinely enjoy it.
Quote from squidhead :isn't that what EVERY show does? I mean look at Whale Wars. They try to make being on a boat look like a death defying stunt that requires absolute mastery of every skill ever possible.

Yeah. True.

South Park did a great episode on Whale Wars on this exact case. (Trying to make things exciting when they arent)

I couldnt fall asleep last night, so I turned on iPlayer and watched the latest episode. Honestly, I genuinely "laughed out loud" at the "committee".
The fact they meet in a pub and discuss rules next to a pint. It cannot get more serious than that.
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah. True.

South Park did a great episode on Whale Wars on this exact case. (Trying to make things exciting when they arent)

I've seen that one and it was good.

Quote from e2mustang :lol no,whale wars XD

We had a 2 seasons of that comedy with us on a ship. The whole crew watched and laughed so hard at miserable failure that is their so called "crew". But at least they saved the whales.... a bit...
Find it really stupid that they all encourage wrecking but don't like it when THEY get wrecked.
It depends blueflame, spinning someone out as you come up behind you (or as they have passed you) is regarded as a legitimate move, a typical stock car tactic, however, side swiping/barging, following into the fence, or lunging at oncoming traffic is not.
Quote from danthebangerboy :
Been brought up around autograss,

Which class did you used to race? Just been in juniors (saloons) for my first season.
Work with my dad in the garage, makes for good weekends! Going to be moving up into Class 4 next season, starting car being a Mini, and dropping in Cooper S based mini engine with fuel injection + ECU (instead of the vabor carbs) - Hoping too make 120hp, and with a space framed mini with 12inches extra track, this sh*t has got to be fun :P! Cannot wait..
Quote from danthebangerboy :It depends blueflame, spinning someone out as you come up behind you (or as they have passed you) is regarded as a legitimate move, a typical stock car tactic, however, side swiping/barging, following into the fence, or lunging at oncoming traffic is not.

Yea that's fair enough but they all ram each other up the arse but when it happens to them the other driver is 'DIRTY' etc. If there was no contact intented throughout the field you could understand someone getting pissy over rough contact but they all do the same thing and then they whine when it happens to them, it's silly. And that guy that got a 2month ban, well, he didn't do anything untowards, he only did what that Wainman guy did when he wrecked Smith for the Euro title.

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG