The online racing simulator
blackwood new pit stop
(48 posts, started )
Quote from TehPaws3D :Tunnel?! A tunnel?! Who the hell are you suggesting remodel blackwood gophers!!? :hbomb:

And were exactly did you see tunnels UNDERNEATH A track provide better visibility?

No, I refuse this 150% :bluegrab:

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=97271&d=1260139160 picture taken from this post http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=63954 (Si Mclaren idea)

before you start and say things without evean think, please don't make spam cause just posting something saying you refuse it 150%.... well this is not an improvement suggestion as thread says

ps: think before posting something, otherwise please don't make spam just for you to have more forum posts
Quote from TehPaws3D :Tunnel?! A tunnel?! Who the hell are you suggesting remodel blackwood gophers!!? :hbomb:

And were exactly did you see tunnels UNDERNEATH A track provide better visibility?

No, I refuse this 150% :bluegrab:

On the other hand, how hard is it to model a tunnel though? Not really.
Quote from hp999 :On the other hand, how hard is it to model a tunnel though? Not really.

jsut my point. the idea i've found on other posts seems pretty good and i support it

GOOD IDEA FROM -----SI MCLAREN----
that wacka person who said u cant have wat u want, this is a suggestion box so i can do wat ever i want if i dont harm people which clearly i am not thumps up!!!!!!!!!
that tunnel is the stupidest fucing idea, because unlike the current pit exit the tunnel exits right after the chicane which will cause even more crashes than what it is already causing
Quote from hp999 :On the other hand, how hard is it to model a tunnel though? Not really.

He is saying that a tunnel will improve visibility, yet it is cutting through the hairpin, If i wanted to catch someone, Or improve my lap times unfairly, I could cut through the pit and only suffer 30 second loss, Which i'd probably shave 15 seconds by just preforming that cut, Not to mention if a car was to get stuck/glitch, It would probably ruin a lot of racers day if it was on a server with no mid race join function, It's a bad idea to add a tunnel on any racing course, As the cars coming out of the normal hairpin are completely blind to whats on the inside of that tunnel, Regardless of it cutting in or not, Unless there was some giant bilboard with a camrea aimed INSIDE it so we could see what was inside as we are racing, Not to mention the speed boost of people coming out of the pit which would be maybe 1 - 5 miles a hour faster, Which is totally unfair, It's a bad idea on both ends, Which i still, disapprove of.
The current pit exit is fine as it is.

Cars exiting can take a wider line, and build up speed. Speeds are quite close from all I've seen ever in running races at BL1. If you're entering the corner, you can see a car coming. The car exiting pitlane should generally stay to the left anyway, and rejoin the racing line after the corner completes, instead of immediately cutting down to the racing line.

The only thing that I could see helping is shortening the tyre barrier on the braking zone to the first turn. Leave the grass median, but stop the tyre wall at say, 200 meters before the corner, allowing even more sight.

Or, even simpler, cars exiting pits respect that there are racing cars still racing, and cars on track respect that there's a car exiting pits and avoid colliding with each other.
Quote from dekojester :

Or, even simpler, cars exiting pits respect that there are racing cars still racing, and cars on track respect that there's a car exiting pits and avoid colliding with each other.

thats the problem, other people need to be respectful to others and watch were the fuc their going.
Quote from TehPaws3D :He is saying that a tunnel will improve visibility, yet it is cutting through the hairpin, If i wanted to catch someone, Or improve my lap times unfairly, I could cut through the pit and only suffer 30 second loss, Which i'd probably shave 15 seconds by just preforming that cut,

Sorry but WTF?

Even IF you would gain 15 seconds (which you wouldn't, I doubt you'd gain anything) you still lose time because of the penalty.

Strange logic there.
um,
How did we get on the subject of the pit lane exit again?

I've missed the pit lane plenty of times when I was just starting out playing LFS. I'd have messed up the front end of my car and thought to myself "Oh sh!t!! was that the pit lane??" Sure, I would Like it if the GP track had the same pit entrance as the Rallycross track does in addition to the lane it has, but I think the entrance it has now it in a good spot. It's just before the last turn. I would hate if it were in any other spot.

Besides, you could always just, you know, NOT drive on the grass. If that's unavoidable for whatever reason, you could just drive more carefully when coming up to the pit lane in the first place.
Quote from thepros :i know those two ideas are not the greatest but i find it really diffcult with damaged body and no grip on the tires to make it thru this pit at the same time u wanna be fast.

The pit lane is the one place in the entire track you aren't supposed to be fast. it's a PIT LANE! xD

And lol @ the suggestion of adding a tunnel for a pit exit!
Quote from zeugnimod :And how would a different pit exit change that?

normally tracks have pit exits built in such a way that a car exiting the pit doesnt rejoiin right into the racing line
blackwood is pretty much the opposite as it exists on the outside behind a turn
Quote from zeugnimod :Sorry but WTF?

Even IF you would gain 15 seconds (which you wouldn't, I doubt you'd gain anything) you still lose time because of the penalty.

Strange logic there.

I'm talking about split 1 times, And if you do that every lap (I don't think they give you 60 second penalty's ( 30 + 30 ) You could beat everyone by 30 seconds I'm sure. ^^ And I'm not talking about going 48 MPH I'm talking about maybe doing 100+

@ Shotglass: AA Air attack racing had something cool, All cars had to stop for racing cars... Now if people could do that without auto spectating, It would be nice.
Quote from Shotglass :normally tracks have pit exits built in such a way that a car exiting the pit doesnt rejoiin right into the racing line
blackwood is pretty much the opposite as it exists on the outside behind a turn

You have a point there, I guess.

But there still would be enough eejits who go right back to the racing line after exiting the pits.

Quote from TehPaws3D :I'm talking about split 1 times, And if you do that every lap (I don't think they give you 60 second penalty's ( 30 + 30 ) You could beat everyone by 30 seconds I'm sure. ^^ And I'm not talking about going 48 MPH I'm talking about maybe doing 100+

No, you couldn't.

I can't imagine any configuration of that tunnel where this would be possible.
This is a topic for the pit entrance, not the pit exit. There is already a thread for the pit exit. I suggest talking about that there.

Edit: I now realize that the original poster was also talking about the pit exit, so disregard my comment.
Quote from thepros :that wacka person who said u cant have wat u want, this is a suggestion box so i can do wat ever i want if i dont harm people which clearly i am not thumps up!!!!!!!!!

Yeah well, the developers aren't going to change it because YOU don't like the pit lane entry. Just don't drive on the grass. Problem Solved!
Why change? I can entry in Blackwood pits with FBM going full gas, and without touching grass or spinning And I don't find any problems in the exit.
I'm not supporting the tunnel, I was on about the difficulty.

It's fine, 'you need to change it because I can't take the corner' isn't really a good idea, is it?
i like how every1 changed from pit entry to pit exit
Quote from blakehoo88 :that tunnel is the stupidest fucing idea, because unlike the current pit exit the tunnel exits right after the chicane which will cause even more crashes than what it is already causing

the road is more wider there and there will be markings that i hope lfs designers will implement to respect. example exiting pits and go over the pit exit line penalty or spectate... it's no so dumb idea. in fact is the more likley to happen to that pit exit. In wich racing track have you seen pit exit in hairpin? thats nutz
#45 - VoiD
Quote from gabriel.i :...In wich racing track have you seen pit exit in hairpin?...

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve:

Take a closer look at turn 3 It´s pretty much the same as for BL1...
Only 61,668 laps... go easy my freind, we all start some where.... no one is born a racer.

Quote from VoiD :44 laps...?!
You should get some practice, thats all...

Quote from VoiD :Circuit Gilles Villeneuve:

Spa's pitlane exits shortly after a hairpin, though I doubt that's what you guys are meaning but the pit lane does follow the inside of the bend, which is a bit of a pig and makes the pit stop a lot slower than it would be otherwise.

Exiting on a hairpin is ok as long as it's on the outside of the corner as it doubles up as a run off area (as long as no poor sod is exiting when the driver faffing it up approaching the bend )

The entrance to the pits are ok, although I sometimes clip the wall as it bends to the left before the speed limiter zone, but that's mostly me being an oaf and not a design flaw.
Quote from VoiD :Circuit Gilles Villeneuve:

Take a look at speed when cars get to turn 3 (in gilles villeneuve circuit) and speed when cars get to turn 1 from BL1...

I improved myself after the topic creating, have more experiences in LFS, and the problem in BL1 exit, is that if you is racing and goes a bit wide (just a bit enough to use the outside kerb), you will crash the car exiting the pitlane, uncare if the drivers are respectful or not...

And the problem with the pit entry, is the same, if you go a bit wide or tight, there is a wall in 2 sides to damage your car...

+1 for the idea for switch the pitlane area with the racing track http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1448356#post1448356

blackwood new pit stop
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG