The online racing simulator
Who's YOUR role model?
(125 posts, started )
Quote from thisnameistaken :I went a couple of times, it was a weird crowd though, not always that friendly, no matter who you went with somebody would get into a fight or get thrown out. The Hacienda has got this legendary status now because it was at the centre of a couple of really exciting scenes, but from what I saw it was mostly full of wankers.

There were better club nights doing house/acid at the time. Basics in Leeds was a really nice scene I went to college with the guys who started that so we used to go to their night a lot, there was always good stuff happening at the Warehouse in Leeds too. Really diverse crowd in there but never any hassle. Despite this being the high tide mark for football hooliganism and Leeds United's fans being particularly nasty.

I don't remember anyone dressing up like anime characters and swapping beads like they were on Grateful Dead tour, the weirdest it got at raves was white gloves and glow sticks, and even then everybody thought those guys were knobs.

Thats because you're talking about a club, not a rave.

Two completley different scenes.
In the 70's, the only drugs were a pint of heavy and a wee half I heard Led Zeppelin,Queen, Bowie, Weather Report, Genesis, and many more bands at the Glasgow Apollo.
http://www.inthewilderness.com ... dex.asp?s_id=1&m_id=7

I still cringe at the clothes we wore but the music and the venue will stay with me for life..happy days.
Quote from Klutch :Thats because you're talking about a club, not a rave.

when it all started. raves were held in clubs. remember, it was a new scene back then and everyone wanted some of it. the big clubs that had the biggest raves have now all but gone. the drugs that came with dance music made the current rave scene (as you call it) simply because of the bad press it got. the only "raves" about now are the ilegal ones which turn out bad for the dj (who has usually just had his kit confiscated).
come on boys! stop the flame war!
Quote from dadge : the only "raves" about now are the ilegal ones which turn out bad for the dj (who has usually just had his kit confiscated).

Maybe in your country...

Raving is still quite alive and kicking along well in australia, and the promoters supply the decks/mixer and sound/lighting setup
only ever been to one rave that was shut down and we were just told to GTFO and go home or else we'd be searched, and nothing was confinscated

Raving has different cultures all accross the world, different dance styles, different fashion styles, different music styles.
Its not all the same, like you're making it out to be
Quote from Klutch :Thats because you're talking about a club, not a rave.

No, I'm talking about raves. I know what I'm talking about because I there when it started. What you're talking about is some weird fancy dress tribute to the rave scene. I used to go to a really great gay night called Speed Queen fairly regularly and I have to say the hardcore gay ravers never looked as gay as you.

Quote from dadge :when it all started. raves were held in clubs.

They were usually held on waste ground or private land, sometimes outdoors, or with marquee tents, sometimes in warehouses. Then they started getting busted regularly so they began being organised by word of mouth and the details divulged at the last minute to try to stay ahead of the law.
Quote from thisnameistaken :No, I'm talking about raves. I know what I'm talking about because I there when it started. What you're talking about is some weird fancy dress tribute to the rave scene. I used to go to a really great gay night called Speed Queen fairly regularly and I have to say the hardcore gay ravers never looked as gay as you.

the raves over here were usually in barns in the middle of no where. depending on what side of the boarder it was on depended whether the guards (irish) or the RUC (northern irish) busted the place. it didn't matter if it was on private land and the farmer was paid. the law over here (as you can understand) was alot tougher than in the mainland uk.
there was one club over here and it was the club capital of the north of ireland (it was on the irish boarder). it was called the point inn. and it was an inn lol. looked like a couple of bungalows with the joining walls knocked through. the likes of franky knuckles, danny ramplin, carl cox, trixx, ultrasonic, hixxy, mc crazy b, scott bond, tony de vit and paul oakenfold played there. this was way before judge jules and the likes.
i could never understand what they saw in the point inn. but back then it was more about the music (and drugs)and less about the club.
Quote from thisnameistaken :No, I'm talking about raves. I know what I'm talking about because I there when it started. What you're talking about is some weird fancy dress tribute to the rave scene. I used to go to a really great gay night called Speed Queen fairly regularly and I have to say the hardcore gay ravers never looked as gay as you..

Quote from Klutch :
Raving has different cultures all accross the world, different dance styles, different fashion styles, different music styles.
Its not all the same, like you're making it out to be

Its not that hard to understand, right?
Quote from Klutch :Its not that hard to understand, right?

but the big DJs over in australia are also the big DJs all over the world.
local DJs are what plays the local trends.

you wouldn't go to a Kutski night to see the warm up dj now would you? you wouldn't go to a prodigy gig to listen to the warm up acts either.
Quote from dadge :
you wouldn't go to a Kutski night to see the warm up dj now would you? you wouldn't go to a prodigy gig to listen to the warm up acts either.

Actually i would, and have done before...
see, that's where we differ. you don't buy something because of the free stuff you get. or as i like to call it, a salesmans dream. i don't even know how you could manage to bust out some shapes with all that counter balance on your arms.
do you reckon if you spun your arms fast enough, you could create the gyroscopic effect? if so, you could get away with drink driving. the gyroscope would keep you level
Quote from dadge :see, that's where we differ. you don't buy something because of the free stuff you get. or as i like to call it, a salesmans dream.

I go because i enjoy the music..wether it be a local DJ or a international DJ.

Quote from dadge :i don't even know how you could manage to bust out some shapes with all that counter balance on your arms.
do you reckon if you spun your arms fast enough, you could create the gyroscopic effect? if so, you could get away with drink driving. the gyroscope would keep you level .

lol, you're pathetic hey
you didn't deny it so i'll take that as a yes .
EDIT: you're over-using the word pathetic. you might want to choose a different word.
because theres no other words to describe you lol
Quote from Klutch :because theres no other words to describe you lol

Or you're just too uneducated and lack the required vocabulary to express your true feelings regarding dadge.
yeah, that must be it
there's loads buddy. pathetic has never been one. you might want to up your name calling a bit if that's the only name you can think of.
when i first saw that picture of you. all kinds of things were running through my head (keep it clean). i was going to make references to the preditor movies and also go to the classic ugly tree. but i thought i'd go for the plastic stuff instead. more creative. less obvious and alot more fun.
Will you ladies stop turning every single thread you post in into a pissing contest? It's getting tiring.

So, role models...

Lt. Col. Dick Strawbridge.

What a tupping legend.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Will you ladies stop turning every single thread you post in into a pissing contest? It's getting tiring.

for the 1,000,000th time, stop exagerating.

i thought the fact that nearly 24hours had passed since we last spoke would have been a good indication that we had actually finished.
and it's not like you're being forced to read it. you can add us to your ignore list.
Quote from Crashgate3 :

So, role models...

Lt. Col. Dick Strawbridge.

What a tupping legend.

Ah the reminds me of Scrapheap challenge, time to go through all the old series again I think.

As for the fighting, well it was about time certain forum members got a good talking to, and doing it by PM is just inconveniant which is why nobody ever does.
although it may look like all i do is flame people. if you check my post history, you'll find that i've been quite helpful towards others. what made me post in here was the way klutch was talking about another members mother.
that is a line i do not cross. i will flame you for being an idiot towards others. i'll flame you for having a face like a slapped arse. i'll flame you if your statememts are to extreme to be believable. but i don't flame you because of your parents. after all, it's nothing personal, it's the internet. so there's no need to go the "you're mom's in my basement" route. and then to be ignorant enough to not take it back. to me, klutch has no respect for other users and so i will treat him the way he treats others.
even gay people get respect from me(why does that sound wrong lol). unless you're straight and you wear things that even the gay community would have issues with.
Flaming people is fine so long as the majority of people feel they deserve it.
i'd have to disagree with you there. you'll find that when you flame someone, not everyone will agree with your intentions. the people who don't agree then have the option to move on and not read the flaming.
the only thing i can control as the poster is what i post. i cannot control what you read, that's your job.
Bill Ward, Matt Cameron, Dave Grohl

Who's YOUR role model?
(125 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG