The online racing simulator
Help [Low FPS on windows 7]
(39 posts, started )
Quote from RasmusL :A new processor would certainly work, along with basically any PCI-E graphics card that you can find.. Even a $40 one should be significantly better.
My suggestion if you ONLY need to use it for low-spec games for LFS is a card like the nVidia G210 which can be had for around $60, and is clearly able to run LFS at highest settings in 1680x1050

My resolution is at 1680x1050 now, so yeah, thats maybe what caused the probs, so i think a new processor is in need

thanks for help guys!
Processor? No way...

You need to upgrade your GPU, not CPU!
I'd agree. I also run an E2180. So? I get like 120 FPS @ 2560 x 1024 (and more if I was capped) with everything on high and all filters on with a crap load of services and stuff running in the background.

Make sure that you have all NEW drivers installed, and remove anything that might use up excessive CPU time. WMPlayer, Messenger, and flashy apps are good examples. Ex. My macros, keyboard profilers use up a good 40 mbs of ram (not sure how that would translate into CPU time, but...) exit them. And if possible, revert to Windows XP. Your gaming experience would so much higher, and the computer would be more responsive. The real reason why you would go the Vista/7 route is to enjoy the newer render path, DX10/11, of which you can't anyways with the IGP of yours. Even with my 5770, I forfeit the chance of some extra eye candy for the extra responsiveness and speed that I get with good old Windows XP. Proven from ground up since the beginning that it is a good OS that just works =).

Overclocking can also be your benefit. And turn off the filters (AA/AF), detail, and rendering distance to half. After that, lower the resolution until the game is playable that you game at, especially from the GPU bottleneck. Overclocking may help, but it is like putting an engine on your grandmothers bike. Overclocking the IGP may make it less lame, but it is still crappy. In the E2180s case, with a good NB, you should easily get 3 GHz sans upping the vCore too excessively (even on stock cooling). With that, you should yield 10 - 20% more frames, with the 50% increase in clock speed.
Same Problem (Low LFS Windows 7)
Computer Specs:

CPU Pentium Dual Core E5200 @2.5 GHz
Memory 4096 MB RAM
Video Ati Radeon HD 4350 512 mb
Hard Drive 320 Gb (very few used)

And still my FPS stay at around 60-70. What suppose to be the problem?
Can someone give me some info??
Let me get this straight, you complain that your FPS is about 60 - 70? I guess I'd expect it to be a bit higher, but what do I know, that CPU of yours is a very low-end one. Moreover, LFS cannot benefit from multicore, so the FPS you're getting is probably the best your CPU can do. If you're convinced it should perform better, check if you have VSync and FPS limiter disabled in LFS. VSync can also be enforced by drivers settings, so check out CCC too.
It should be working much better.

My ATi HD2600XT is doing 60fps when there are a few cars on the screen, and my cores work at 2.8GHz.
In my case I know that my graphic card is the limiting part
Can anyone help please? I also have the low FPS after installing WINDOWS 7
Especially at the start of hunting race, the FPS gets to stay in 12a18ms, why?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/30/2010, 23:29:01
Machine name: JARBAS-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: Portuguese (Regional Setting: Portuguese)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: P5QL PRO
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/01/09 17:37:27 Ver: 08.00.14
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page File: 1706MB used, 6481MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7950 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0295&SUBSYS_22191682&REV_A1
Display Memory: 2296 MB
Dedicated Memory: 504 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Monitor PnP Genérico
Monitor Model: L22W-3
Monitor Id: FUS0710
Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (60.262Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvd3dum
Driver File Version: 8.17.0011.9745 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.11.9745
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Model: WDDM 1.0
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/3/2010 23:55:32, 11906664 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-41D5-11CF-2353-12021FC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0295
SubSys ID: 0x22191682
Revision ID: 0x00A1
If you're talking about really full grid (30 cars or so), your FPS isn't anything unexpected. You might want to check your CPU temps, overheating is very often a cause of performance drop with Pentium 4/D CPUs.
Made some "tests"
I was complaining in an earlyer post that i have between 60-70 FPS. After making some tests with the graphical settings i've managed to get 90-110 FPS.

HOW?

I've selected NONE at the Full-Scene Antialiasing, OFF Vertical SYNC and OFF at FPS Lmiter (last two are found in options->misc)

So here it is!!!!!

ps:all the other graphical settings are at max and my graphical board is also set to max for quality not performance.

Try and you will se the results
#35 - halo
After upgrading from XP to Win 7, FPS dropped dramatically to 20s.
I check many things but was not worked.
I was playing windowed mode previously, now I changed it to full screen mode and FPS issue solved.
Now it is around 80 -100 most of the time.
Quote from MadCatX :If you're talking about really full grid (30 cars or so), your FPS isn't anything unexpected. You might want to check your CPU temps, overheating is very often a cause of performance drop with Pentium 4/D CPUs.

Ok, lets test

OBRIGADO AMIGO
Small tip for players, who have a quad-core processor.
Because LFS does not support multi-core processors, there are some limitations.

In my case, when I turn off remaining three cores, FPS is significantly increased and more stable, strange is that LFS best works on 3rd core.

So I suggest the experiment, test each core separately and choose the best for you.

How to force LFS to use only one core:
  1. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
  2. Choose the Processes tab.
  3. Find LFS.exe process.
  4. Right-click on it and select "Set Affinity" from context menu.
  5. Select only one core and click OK.
Done.

Important is processor frequency, for me it is a 2.6 GHz per core, possible that hint has no effect on slower processors.
Quote from adamshl :Because LFS does not support multi-core processors, there are some limitations.

In my case, when I turn off remaining three cores, FPS is significantly increased and more stable, strange is that LFS best works on 3rd core.

So I suggest the experiment, test each core separately and choose the best for you.

How to force LFS to use only one core:
  1. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
  2. Choose the Processes tab.
  3. Find LFS.exe process.
  4. Right-click on it and select "Set Affinity" from context menu.
  5. Select only one core and click OK.
Done.

Important is processor frequency, for me it is a 2.6 GHz per core, possible that hint has no effect on slower processors.

Binding LFS to one core only can help a bit because it will prevent windows from moving LFS around from core to core. However there is no plausible technical explanation I'm aware of that would make any particular core faster than another...
Quote from GenesisX :And if possible, revert to Windows XP. Your gaming experience would so much higher, and the computer would be more responsive. The real reason why you would go the Vista/7 route is to enjoy the newer render path, DX10/11, of which you can't anyways with the IGP of yours. Even with my 5770, I forfeit the chance of some extra eye candy for the extra responsiveness and speed that I get with good old Windows XP. Proven from ground up since the beginning that it is a good OS that just works =).

No.. Just no, XP is, 9 Years old, That OS is very old and very slow, Windows 7 has MANY many improvements to windows XP, The UI is the main complaint because people have lag in many operations because the desktop is still being rendered (And services, But that was covered)

My computer is partitioned with Win7 and Win XP And launching Xfire takes under 2 seconds with windows 7, And about 10 - 15 on Windows Xp, That Should Speak to you for yourself, Sooner or later, All you XP boys (Including me, I love XP) Are going to have to go with newer and better (For instance, Seen any of the first cars driving around..?)

Help [Low FPS on windows 7]
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG