The online racing simulator
Pixel Car World V3
(113 posts, started )
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :ok, so here's what I don't get. Why are the images such low resolution? I mean, you can always take a large image and make it smaller, but these cars can't be blown up without becoming almost unrecognizeable. I appreciate the skill that goes into making them, since I do a lot of similar stuff... BUT... it just seems like a waste of talent to me. Also, is it correct that because they are 'pixel cars', this implies that every pixel is done with a pen tool? If so, that also seems like a waste to me, as it's just extra work for nothing extra in terms of quality.
So I guess the point is, Why? why produce tiny cars with a pen tool, when the same talent could produce images in a much higher resolution with more powerful tools?

Same reason you play LFS when you could just go and play NFS...
Personal preference. Sheesh. And trust me, the same talent used to create pixel cars could not go into creating higher res versions. Pixel tuning and virtual tuning are COMPLETELY different - I know, having done both. When i made the change from virtual tuning to pixel tuning i had to learn completely new skills. I'd never even used the pencil tool when doing virtual tuning. When you're doing a tune on a large size, you can get away with making mistakes because they just get hidden. But on a pixel car, every single piece of work you create and be seen, and mistakes easily spotted. If anything I find pixel tuning more difficult than virtual tuning.

Pixel cars are just as satisfying to complete as a full size virtual tune. It's about attention to detail, ir originated from japan, and we all know they have excellent attention to detail.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :

Oh, and just to tick you off a little more, here's a Nissan Skyline i'm working on.

Oh! And would you look at that, this is the "off - topic" section, and... what's this? A thread about Pixel Car World? Hmmm, I wonder what they post in there...

Have a nice day!

sorry, but that skyline looks like shit and has been done many many times over the years. why dont you get your creativity up a notch please? when you do so everybody else will actually like to look at your '' nice/stunning '' photoshopped '' pixel '' cars.

edit: @ logitekg25

i do like this thread. its just brandon's lack of talent who is annoying. i know i can't do better than him but i can still see that they're not 100% work of his own with the pixel tool.
why is only the back blue

EDIT: if people dont like this thread they can unsubscribe...everyone who plays this game isnt subscribed to this thread, so it is not a necessity
-
The attitude of some of you guys is actually pathetic. All you do is criticize and don't give any feedback. If you dislike what Brandon made, at least back it up with helpful tips. Seriously, saying "OMG THAT SUCKZ GO AWAY!1!1!" is just childish.
Quote from Asphalt Scream and Fire-Fly : answers and stuffs

Is virtual tuning taking a photograph of a car and tuning it with photoshop? If so, that's not what I'm talking about. I do literally the exact same thing you guys are doing, drawing a car completely from scratch in the side view... it's just that the car I'm working on right now is 900 px across, and of course I use other tools. But like you said, it's personal preference. And I know there is a great feeling of satisfaction when you finally finish an image that is truly your best work.

I'm sorry if it seemed I was attacking the game, I was honestly just trying to understand it. It does seem interesting to me, but I have other things I'm working on right now... I do think it's cool to see other people interested in similar things as me though.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :RiseAgainstMe said ....

Yes, that is what virtual tuning is. I'm not sure what you are talking about then, i've never actually seen large viewpoint car picture..things.. lol. Care to share some of your work? Do you basically just take blueprints and brush over them, but full size brushing, not pixel work? If so, i've done something simillar to that, turning car pictures into cartoon pictures by brushing the colours on.

But, I understand that you're just trying to understand, but it did come accross a bit "attacky". I guess its hard to take it any differently, when most people on this forum seem to love critising everything they encounter - it really is quite annoying.

Oh, and in reply to your previous post "why not make it big and shrink it, because you cant take something big and enlarge it". Well, you shrink one of the pictures you do, and if it comes out as detailed and perfect as a pixel car, i'll eat my foot. Just like making a small picture big, distorts it - making a big picture small, does just the same. Obviously to a lesser extent, but nonetheless.
Quote from Fire-Fly :Hey guys, some of you may remember this pixel car game from last year.

Well, it is still going strong and the website has just been redesigned. The gameplay has been tweaked and we now have over 350 cars to chose from.

Come on over and check it out, you may find out that you enjoy it
If you don't, at least you had a look! But please, if you intend to stick around, read the guide - It explains everything you'll need to know about playing PCW.

http://pixelcarworld.com

only issue i foudn is theirs no outline with the lines " you start with x amount of cash... "

other then that its grand, just keep adding affordable cars and its all good.
yeah sorta..-ish? This is what I'm working on right now...touring car form of a Nissan Sentra. should give you an idea what I'm talking about and how i'm constructing it.

It's obviously still very much under construction... working on putting in the fender flares right now. Also, There are other pieces in separate files that I haven't added into the final image yet, like calipers. But it should give you a good idea... Be careful of blueprints, they often have inaccuracies.... I was lucky enough to find a photo perfectly side-on for this one.

and I know it came off as attack-ish, but I only realized that when I went back and read what I had wrote... written word doesn't always convey the right tone, unfortunately.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :The attitude of some of you guys is actually pathetic. All you do is criticize and don't give any feedback. If you dislike what Brandon made, at least back it up with helpful tips. Seriously, saying "OMG THAT SUCKZ GO AWAY!1!1!" is just childish.

Indeed. Why are you picking on brandon? I think you are just jealous. I like his work.
-
oh yeah monster buggy
Attached images
Monster bug.jpg
-
Quote from brt900 :oh yeah monster buggy

the wheels in front and rear view are inside the car, yet on the side view the wheels appear to be fully outside of the car
Quote from BlakjeKaas :the wheels in front and rear view are inside the car, yet on the side view the wheels appear to be fully outside of the car

yeah thats the problem im having with the entire car
Quote from brt900 :yeah thats the problem im having with the entire car

they are also bigger than the arches in the FV and RV

still, thought I'd add a bit of pixel stuff

Porsche fleet

I've got lots more, but cant be really botehred to post them all... Dont use without permission, naturally.

Pixel Car World V3
(113 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG