The online racing simulator
Quote from bbman :I don't know why anybody really is surprised by Ferrari's actions? Ferrari always had a clear no. 1, always will have... Alonso was faster the whole race (the whole weekend even) and is way ahead in the championship, getting him in front of the slower Massa without them holding each other up was the only way to ensure victory over an already charging Vettel...

No chance of a crash between teammates, no holding each other up and allowing a competitor to close in even faster and keeping the championship hopes of at least one of their drivers intact - even if you guys don't want to hear about it, it was the smart thing to do for Ferrari... Let's face it, every team does it, only difference to today is Ferrari did it in a very obvious way...

they always had a clear number 1 doesn't automatically make such actions legal does it.

It is in the regulations, they cheated it quite blatantly. Although they did stopped short of giving clear order to Massa to let Alonso through... But as you said, they made it very obvious, and it'll be upto the stewards and the FIA to decide whether that was legal...
Quote from JPeace :Fair point I guess, but Im just trying to say how injust them breaking the rule is.

Of course it is - but legally speaking, Ferrari did no such thing... They never said "let him past" and the whole team - whether it be Massa himself, Smedley or Domenicali - made sure not to say anything that could incriminate them (further)... All the "evidence" would be circumstancial, not really enough for the FIA to act on it - but god knows they didn't need that in the past to deal out severe penalties...
Worse than Ferrari's order was the Alonso behaviour.

First saying at the radio that it was ridiculous that Massa blocked him, on a clean way. Let us not forget his overtake move over Massa at the pit entrance on China GP, without the needed space, making Massa go to the grass to avoid a colision, and on the British race where he touched Massa when being passed, and blaming him. This is ridiculous.

Second, at the end of the race, saying that he was worried for Massa loosing a gear, and asking if he finished the race. Ferrari on a smart way closed this conversation before it was too late.

Alonso is a dirty driver. Not only for participating on the whole story of the Singapore GP, when Piquet crashed for him, but he does dirty moves on the track, and after gives interviews acting as a victim.

He remembers me Schumacher on his first championship wins, when he hit the other driver to avoid loosing the championship. He is fast, an excelent driver, but the behaviour brings a cloud over his achivements.

I really hope that Alonso and Massa gets disqualified on this race, as well Ferrari loosing the team points.
what i find really upsetting is not the team orders, as many have said all the teams do it. it's the fact that ferrari did it so blatently and then insult my intellegence by saying they did not. if they feel they've done nothing wrong then be honest, don't treat the fans as idiots.
Quote from JCTK :What is this blind Ferrari lover idiot calling everyone else blind?

Look who's talking....
Quote from bbman :Of course it is - but legally speaking, Ferrari did no such thing... They never said "let him past" and the whole team - whether it be Massa himself, Smedley or Domenicali - made sure not to say anything that could incriminate them (further)... All the "evidence" would be circumstancial, not really enough for the FIA to act on it - but god knows they didn't need that in the past to deal out severe penalties...

yeah, there are NOTHING stopping FIA to say those radio communications basically constitute a team order, and then punishing Ferrari for it.

the stewards are having a chat with the Ferrari bosses now.... god knows what's gonna happen...
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Look who's talking....

so obviously you were blatantly blind that you didn't see (or hear) Ferrari basically asking Massa did he understood he need to let Alonso pass?

Or you were blatantly blind that you didn't know "team orders that affect the outcome of a race" was banned?

Stop saying we are all Ferrari haters and we are all crying just because you are an idiot.
Quote from el pibe :that sounds like a hotlapper's moan after he crashed into a '' n00b '' during a race because '' i was f4st3r let me through! ''

Exactly, such a shit attitude.

Alonso shows himself to be another prima donna expecting everyone to give him the easy ride based on his out of date reputation, him and Hamilton are just as bad as eachother.
What the hell are you talking about? WHERE did I state that they did not cheat? I'm not blind, I know it was an awkward move from Ferrari.

And stop calling me an idiot, I'm not going down to your level, so keep it intelligent...
Quote from el pibe :that sounds like a hotlapper's moan after he crashed into a '' n00b '' during a race because '' i was f4st3r let me through! ''

This reminds me of my first days in LFS. (Said this story many times, but what the hell...)

Public racing, running around 5th. After the race I get attacked by some elitist screaming at me that I cost him a win because I didnt let him past.

Bizzare.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :What the hell are you talking about? WHERE did I state that they did not cheat? I'm not blind, I know it was an awkward move from Ferrari.

And stop calling me an idiot, I'm not going down to your level, so keep it intelligent...

You did state that we were "Ferrari haters" and we were "crying".

How was that intelligent?

How were we "Ferrari haters" or "crying" when we were also saying the blatantly obvious that
a. team orders are banned
b. race fans does not like to see team orders affecting who won the GP.
Theres no point trying to reason with him.
Quote : redbullf1spy twitter

fernando asked in the press conference if this win ranks up there with his victory at singapore in 2008. Ouch. The hacks are having a moody.

lol
#139 - CSF
The funny thing is Red Bull are also under investigation for that front wing... could end up with a McLaren 1-2.
Quote from CSF :The funny thing is Red Bull are also under investigation for that front wing... could end up with a McLaren 1-2.

that wing is legal imho. if it passed all the FIA inspection tests before the race how could it become illegal during the event? it's all pure bs from the other teams to try to mess up with redbull's/newey's mind..
#141 - CSF
Much like those Ferrari barge-boards in 99 then? Renault and Ferrari's Mass Dampers in 06? The FIA will be looking at TV evidence etc to see whether those wings flex and carry out more thorough tests.
Emotionally, I'm less riled up about this than I am with the Webber vs. Vettel thing.

I don't know why.
Jakes twitter...

"Breakung News - it's a 100k fine, referal to World Motorsport Council so more sanctions may follow.."
Quote from Mogar :Worse than Ferrari's order was the Alonso behaviour.

First saying at the radio that it was ridiculous that Massa blocked him, on a clean way. Let us not forget his overtake move over Massa at the pit entrance on China GP, without the needed space, making Massa go to the grass to avoid a colision, and on the British race where he touched Massa when being passed, and blaming him. This is ridiculous.

Second, at the end of the race, saying that he was worried for Massa loosing a gear, and asking if he finished the race. Ferrari on a smart way closed this conversation before it was too late.

Alonso is a dirty driver. Not only for participating on the whole story of the Singapore GP, when Piquet crashed for him, but he does dirty moves on the track, and after gives interviews acting as a victim.

He remembers me Schumacher on his first championship wins, when he hit the other driver to avoid loosing the championship. He is fast, an excelent driver, but the behaviour brings a cloud over his achivements.

I really hope that Alonso and Massa gets disqualified on this race, as well Ferrari loosing the team points.

I am with you!
Ferrari has the gift to mess things up. The only reason they succed all those years with Schumacher was their infinity resource.

Alonso surely can drive but "dirty driver" is a complement to him, what a ridiculous theater.

And i must say that Felipe disappointed me to.
I really like Ferrari as a manufacter, but some people of this team should just go home...
Quote from DevilDare :Jakes twitter...

"Breakung News - it's a 100k fine, referal to World Motorsport Council so more sanctions may follow.."

What is 100k for them? Nothing...

Less than 0.1% of their budget for this year....
Indeed. Its nothing to them...

They spend much more than that to get 43 points that they did today.

But apparently WMC will be looking into it themselves. So...
McLaren does it. It's all fine.

Ferrari does it. It's not all fine.

Freakin fanboys.
Quote from PhilS13 :McLaren does it. It's all fine.

Ferrari does it. It's not all fine.

Freakin fanboys.

I don't get this.

When did McLaren do teamorders and people said that it was fine?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG