The online racing simulator
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Do you really think it's me crying? Look at the haters posts above.

i'm not really a ferrari hater... just an alonso hater.
Ugh... well... that coordination really put a sour taste on the race.

Start was hilarious though.

...ooooooh awkward interview.....
Well...

Well done Massa. Very good race for him. He deserved the win.

Vettel did the best he could. Ferrari were faster.

Good result for Mclaren. Ferrari stealing points from RBR, helping Mclaren out.

Decent race in the end, ruined by the blatant team order.
#105 - CSF
Cars 7 and 8 will be investigated after the race.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Do you really think it's me crying? Look at the haters posts above. OMG OMG Ferrari cheaters, boooo..... Are you blind?

Did you not see Turkey when Hamilton tried to ensure his win before the race was even over? The argument went on for at least a week. If anyone is blind it has to be you if you somehow missed that.

Then as already mentioned above the whole wing controversy at the previous GP, and yet you somehow forgot that already too, and I'm the blind one?

I've always liked to think motor sport is one of the more intelligent sports, but now the whole 'haterz' and 'fanboy' shit has been pulled in and spoilt it for everyone.

Anyway a Ferrari deserved to win today, it was the wrong Ferrari!
its funny how the favoured drivers at fezza + rb are the liabilities passing their TMs
Massa at the press conference...

"I dont think there is much to say..."
Quote from DevilDare :Massa at the press conference...

"I dont think there is much to say..."

That's what he has to say... Sucks.
Remove rule, or enforce it properly. EoD
Quote from 5haz :Anyway a Ferrari deserved to win today, it was the wrong Ferrari!

Agree on both counts. Ferrari should be punished for team orders, whether that be the drivers DQ or a fine etc I don't know. The problem is for me is that if it was a simple Massa didn't fight Alonso's pass then ok their teammates but it was the blatent not accelerate out of the corner to let Alonso past. Also the team radio is pretty damning in my opinion. The do you understand comment and apologising just proves it was an order.

Overall reasonable race though, will be good to see if Ferrari can stay at the front and really battle Red Bull and McLaren.
Oh ferrari what a f*cking joke.... you never stop to dissapoint me... ordering massa to let alonso trhough? that's low, really low....
Haha, loving Smedley's interview.

The only solution is to remove the rule. We've seen Kovalainen letting Hamilton pass him in a more clever manner in the past, and as long as the rule exists team orders will remain but they'll be disguised. They can't possibly stop it so they should just allow it.

Edit: Not to mention the rather cleverly disguised manipulation we saw from Renault with Fisichella and Alonso since the rule came in.
Can someone clarify those team radio communications to me, who selects which one will be 'public' and broadcasted? You would think that those 'orders' to Massa wouldn't be public, this is so obvious i don't understand why isn't punished, could it be more obvious?
I don't know why anybody really is surprised by Ferrari's actions? Ferrari always had a clear no. 1, always will have... Alonso was faster the whole race (the whole weekend even) and is way ahead in the championship, getting him in front of the slower Massa without them holding each other up was the only way to ensure victory over an already charging Vettel...

No chance of a crash between teammates, no holding each other up and allowing a competitor to close in even faster and keeping the championship hopes of at least one of their drivers intact - even if you guys don't want to hear about it, it was the smart thing to do for Ferrari... Let's face it, every team does it, only difference to today is Ferrari did it in a very obvious way...
Being fastest is not the only deciding factor in a race, or at least it shouldn't be. 'Let me past I'm faster than you' is not a valid excuse.
#117 - CSF
Ferrari PR man says it was Massa's decision....
Quote from Boris Lozac :Can someone clarify those team radio communications to me, who selects which one will be 'public' and broadcasted? You would think that those 'orders' to Massa wouldn't be public, this is so obvious i don't understand why isn't punished, could it be more obvious?

According to the RTL comms, it was changed before this race and now, the teams cannot decide anymore what is broadcasted and what is not. All team radio is "public" and goes first to Charlie Whiting and he decides what gets put on the air. That's how RTL explained it.

Before this race, the teams could decide what is public and what is private, AFAIK. Maybe Ferrari just forgot that actually.
Quote from JPeace :Nobody is surprised, just dissapointed again because we havn't had it this season [...]

Ey? Calling Hamilton in for tyres in Australia when he says they're still good? Two teams ordering their drivers to slow down for fuel problems in Istanbul which then go on and do blisteringly fast laps? Not to forget the whole (exaggerated) "wing-gate"... Sorry, you either have a very short memory span or you really have no idea what's going on in front of your eyes...
Quote from 5haz :Being fastest is not the only deciding factor in a race, or at least it shouldn't be. 'Let me past I'm faster than you' is not a valid excuse.

that sounds like a hotlapper's moan after he crashed into a '' n00b '' during a race because '' i was f4st3r let me through! ''

Quote from CSF :Ferrari PR man says it was Massa's decision....

they really know they are into deep, deep brown steaming stuff...
Said this on IRC as well, but really the thing is that the car behind has to be so much faster than the car in front in order to make a legit pass on the track, that until technical regulations make it possible for a "couple of tenths faster" to close the gap, team orders cannot go away. The real travesty (for me) is that despite being faster, it's way, way too difficult to get close while losing huge amounts of df and grip.
Of course there are team orders. Every communication is a team order, but this is blatant altering of the race result during the race.

The whole rule is there to avoid this because the fans don't like this type of racing. Austria was a PR disaster for F1 and they needed to act because it's the viewers that facilitate F1. They provide the value for sponsors to spend money and teams to compete. Without fans F1 is nothing.

Massa could have played this very differently and we wouldn't be talking about it. However he wanted people to know what had happened, and rightly so.
Quote from CSF :Ferrari PR man says it was Massa's decision....

So it will be like "we never told massa to let alonso pass. we just told him, that alonso is faster. it was up to massa to decide"? :worried::grumpy::singer:
Quote from JPeace :If it isn't punished by FIA in Motorsport and yet it is punished by the governing body of snooker for match fixing, its still the same thing right? Its still tampering deliberatly in the result.

If towing the team leader for the whole day and letting him go on the last few hundred metres in cycling is completely legit an unpunished, why should it be punished in F1? You see how irrelevant it is to cite rules from other sports?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Do you really think it's me crying? Look at the haters posts above. OMG OMG Ferrari cheaters, boooo..... Are you blind?

What is this blind Ferrari lover idiot calling everyone else blind?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG