The online racing simulator
All dirt rally tack
(26 posts, started )
All dirt rally tack
Make use of the knobbly tires for once.
Bigger jumps too, something similar to that of a table top

Could have a rally-x track or something.

Just a thought
+1

I actually had the same question in my head, but never asked it here before. Dont know why. Im a big offroad race fan infact and full dirt track would be best of the best. But meh, for some reason this looks like "not gonna happen", since lots of other stuff are in development already.
*Waits for TVE to show up.*

I would like this too but it's been asked about many times before.
I would love a new track like this! It would be a nice way to have an actual rally, maybe with a few bumps?
i love this idea, i also like the idea of something like a HUGE skatepark so cars can fit in just to tool around; but that WONT happen
Quote from LineR32 :*Waits for TVE to show up.*

I would like this too but it's been asked about many times before.

mmmh....I think he went shopping for beer and then he will be here with his opinion.
He's at the Kart Meet.
#8 - Zay
+1 to this, would be fun.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
X-Games track :P

Could be a great idea :banana:
Where is the rally pack?

Joke aside, your idea - I agree. More gravvel - more fun.

I am a huge fan of rallycross, and it's a shame there are not more tracks. The Fern Bay and Blackwood are good ones, but they are outdated and need an replacement.
Quote from The Very End :The Fern Bay and Blackwood are good ones, but they are outdated and need an replacement.

Definetly YES! Last few year's arround three rallyx track's (plus reversed versions) is getting a little boring, espesially when allmost all online races are just blackwood rallyX with demo car's

So more rallycross track's and atleast one more powerful 4wd (like DIV 1) rallycross car
This would be kinda interesting for me as well, Subaru Impreza on a rally course with LFS physics... Sounds fun My only question is how long of a track can LFS handle before it crashes due to length?

+1
it doesnt matter legnth at all, lfs only renders what it thinks you need to see.
Quote from logitekg25 :it doesnt matter legnth at all, lfs only renders what it thinks you need to see.

I don't think so.. Most games use a "Skybox" Technique to render the world in, That's basically so you are not racing in a black box, I know they do a nice job in making it BARE (Meaning, You see it looks greatly detailed, Just go into the SHIFT + U mode and look top down, You'll understand.) But i do agree a skybox has a limit somewhere, I don't think you could accurately model some 500+ mile track with limitations, You'd have to introduce a LOD feature (Most-likely LFS has it) That makes the graphics on the other end of the track not rendered until within 100+ miles, And then it doesn't have to rush, But we're talking about low end friendly tracks, And i think i know why they aren't building us them 500+ mile tracks because the game engine can't handle it or low end users wouldn't be able to play it
#15 - PoVo
I think this would be an epic idea.

Why?

Well, when we get the Tyre Physics update, we will have less grip. Having that plus a Full Dirt Rally track would make racing fun, because it would be all about skill, trying to get as much grip as possible to win.

This is a big +1 from me, even though I don't race much
Quote from PoVo :I think this would be an epic idea.

Why?

Well, when we get the Tyre Physics update, we will have less grip. Having that plus a Full Dirt Rally track would make racing fun, because it would be all about skill, trying to get as much grip as possible to win.

This is a big +1 from me, even though I don't race much

the problem with the tire physics, is the inside tire doesnt get enough grip. nobody but scawen knows how this will affect the actual overall grip level

and i read alot of times that lfs only renders what is visible, thats why if you go out of bounds, but before you get specc'd alot is not rendered, because lfs doesntthink it needs to render oob.
Quote from logitekg25 :the problem with the tire physics, is the inside tire doesnt get enough grip. nobody but scawen knows how this will affect the actual overall grip level

and i read alot of times that lfs only renders what is visible, thats why if you go out of bounds, but before you get specc'd alot is not rendered, because lfs doesntthink it needs to render oob.

First.. Whats "oob" And next, Spectating is mainly just for they don't want glitchers driving under the map causing all kinds of chaos, And secondly, Just because it doesn't need to be rendered, Doesn't mean it's not there, That "Skybox" if LFS uses one is very limited, I doubt you can even get 500+ miles just going straight, I don't even think "Crysis" Skyboxes allow that, However, The frame rate does drop if objects are rendered are not, For instance, I could paint a car invisible, But have it set to some 500000 poly count, You're still going to encounter the drop because even though it is invisible (To your eyes) The alpha channel is the only thing making it invisible, It's still affected by physics, Time, Etc, the affect is lessened off screen, But not completely "Not rendered" It has to be, Otherwise you would never see another car behind you. =P ( Could be wrong here :schwitz

Do believe we are off-topic though, So, Still +1ing this idea.
i +1 the idea too

but oob means out of bounds...like look up a video of some off roading until you find ont where the guy is almost out of bounds but not quite..alot of stuff isnt rendered
Quote from logitekg25 :i +1 the idea too

but oob means out of bounds...like look up a video of some off roading until you find ont where the guy is almost out of bounds but not quite..alot of stuff isnt rendered

Are you talking about how if you flip out of the track all you see is gray? If so, That isn't "Not rendered" It's just not made all together, That gray matter is the Skybox The map just isn't detailed, It's not ment to be seen over or behind that, Nothing is ment to really, Which was why i said, Look from a top down view in shift+u The default camera modes, You can't see out of the map, If there was heavily detailed mountains behind the tracks.. It'd reduce frame rate ALOT
no i mean if you are right outside barrier, then alot of the stuff is rendered, but some isnt...idk if thats the same thing
Quote from logitekg25 :no i mean if you are right outside barrier, then alot of the stuff is rendered, but some isnt...idk if thats the same thing

Finding it hard to understand your text buddy, Inside the track (From your cockpit) Everything looks beautiful, When you look from a certain view, The game looks bad, This isn't a landscaping competition, The LFS tracks from what you see look great.

I would prefer we stop dragging this off topic and take it to some PMs, I'm sure some moderators would seriously come down on us for this (Not assuming, I just don't know the moderators around here, They all sound nice and friendly, But i don't want to get them upset) As i could troubleshoot your problem maybe with pictures, Etc.
yeah true...lets just end it here
+1 it would be epic.
Yea ... I'm waiting for Rally Pack for many years ... much longer than new physics / VWS / rockingham :]
Sounds fun +1

All dirt rally tack
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG