The online racing simulator
For survival more like.
Smells like driver sponsorship bidding war..
Force India should dump Liuzzi and get Chandhok in there. :P
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Force India should dump Liuzzi and get Chandhok in there. :P

Liuzzi has been doing decent stuff in the first 4-5 GPs TBH.

Chandhock probably wouldn't have got into F1 without his nationality. He's never been in the pace in GP2 in 3 seasons(he still got 3 victories but they were in the 2nd race IIRC, which is more like a "media" race as it has a top 8 reversed grid and gives only 3/5 of the points you can get in feature), finishing around 20th overall 3 times. He's quite high on people's opinion atm, as he's set nice times comparing to Senna's in the first season half, but the car is so bad that they probably aren't that much representative.
It's a reality that F1 is about money. Even Alonso uses his sponsors (Santader) to make him more attractive to teams. F1 isn't a meritocracy. When you're 6 seconds behind the leading teams a good driver bringing 0.5sec is less worthwhile than a driver bringing 5 million euros (that's how much Ant was asked to bring to an F1 team if he wanted a drive). So .5 gains you no positions when you're that far behind, but 5 million euros gains you a place on the grid.

All fairly obvious stuff I know, but it's just the way it is for at least 50% of teams on the grid.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Chandhock probably wouldn't have got into F1 without his nationality.

It wasn't his nationality. It was his sponsorship.

The biggest demographic group of rich F1 fans are white Europeans. Therefore white European drivers are better marketing objects than those who aren't. Sponsorship is mostly about marketability. It's not a nice observation, but it is just a reality in business.

What you have with Chandhok, Hamilton, Sato, etc., is a "model minority" phenomenon which made them more marketable than they would normally have been.
Ugh, Marko. Definitely needs to go, but not for those particular quotes. They look suspect, so I wouldn't read too much into them.

This pretty much gets to the point:
Quote from Helmut Marko :"For us, it really does not matter who is champion, the main thing is that he is sitting in a Red Bull."

...which is exactly the way it should be.
if it's Japanese sponsors behind the HRT drivers switching chaos. Then I believes their money would be much better spent at the other car that's pretty much nearly completely white.
The comments on there reflect that Marko doesn't care for the drivers at all, those kind of comments would only appear if there was tension, which there clearly is. Mark deserves all the good results he can get. Red Bull obviously don't care which one of their drivers wins, it's just funny because Webber is better than their love child Vettel and they just don't see it. Vettel is erratic and the equivilant of an LFS T1 wreckfag.

Well now Webber is ahead in the championship, so lets wait and see if he gets all the new shit eh?
It's not the team, it's the media.
That seems very made up.
:thumbsdown:
I dont know if Hartley was doing the business but i cant help saying Marko is a complete cock.
I kinda expected it becuase Ricciardo was light years better with the same equipment.

There goes a chance of a kiwi getting an F1 seat for quite a few years.
Ricciardo should be in the seat of a Torro Rosso next year, going by talent and not his country of origin of course...
if what the report saying about Hartley is true, and if I'm McLaren, I would hire him immediately and stuck him in the simulator... lol
2nd girl on the left holding her breast so sterling the oap doesn't get a sly feel haha
If you look at the higher-resolution photos, the Red Bull car featured in them have visibly lower suspension than the McLaren and Mercedes.

The evidence is poor at best.

It should be noted that the photographic evidence presented by rival teams were rejected by the FIA's technical team, and that the front wing passed the standard load test during post-race scrutineering. Unless there is a clarification of the rules, it's the same kind of situation as the F-Duct and DDD: cheeky interpretation of the rules, but still legal, and it is up to the rival teams to figure it out.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG