The online racing simulator
Points, experiences, safety %, ranks have gone too far?
Today's racing servers are SHIT and SUCK. Let's see, I want to enter some racing server to race and have some fun, but noooo I can't because THEY ALL ****ING NEED RANKS, EXPERIENCES, SAFETY % AND POINTS!! :banghead:

What the **** has happened, what happened to the times when we actually raced for fun with any cars? Now, we have to be TOTALLY NERDS and race 24/7 to gain rank, experience, safety % AND points. WTF is this shit?

Why there isn't ANY decent server with people in it, that allows the use of many cars without the need of ranks and experiences?

Imagine a server with a decent amount of people and admins, where we race with different or same kind of cars without any ranks or restrictions and after 3 races or so we change track or type of cars, so every 3 races there would be a different combination of cars and tracks.

IHR sucked because of that, S2 cargame.nl sucks because of that, and all the servers that use this kind of system SUCK and I refuse to play on them. And I'm pretty sure it also kills it for a lot of people.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkk........ :|
Well, there are two sides of this:

The reason why there are so many regulations and such on the servers today, are to ensure safe and fun racing, because everyone hate to be T1 drivebombed each time by idiots.

On the other hand there are people that want the regular plug-'n-play racing, that does not req. anything else than starting the game.

There are good reasons for both yes and no, and there are allways other servers to try

But I agree, it has gone a little too far maybe.
Hang on, I remember LFS before these servers with track and car rotations. You could race on any car/track combo you liked provided it was FOX at SO1 or GTR at AS1.

Have you really got less choice now? Really? Are you sure?
Quote from kimd41 :snip.

IHR and cargame.nl are on multi-class basis, and therefore they can't allow everyone to take the fastest cars, as otherwise 90% of the people would hop in the GTRs, while the point of these servers is to have decent fields in all classes.

There are plenty of other servers that are regulary crowned, have half decent standards and aren't based on safety rating, points ranking and stuff. FOX Junkies and [AMG] GTR for instance. Yes, you will find safety rating, point ranking and stuff in there, because they are using Airio. But these datas aren't used for anything there but are kept only for the record. Feel free to just ignore them.
Saying all of today's servers are shit and suck?

Don't really want your attitude anyway.

Make your own server.
You are right, this has gone too far. If I may, I'd suggest iracing.com for some more casual & relaxed racing.
The thing is that cruising took racing over, ages ago. There are five or six popular servers, two of which are cruising servers which are full 24/7, two popular racing servers with XFG/XRG combo and one or two servers which are allowing other classes, but with "hardc000[R]€" InSim.

I personally prefer combination of both, but let's face it, people who are playing LFS only becouse of racing, does not have much choice - unless they are playing in leagues.

I have a lot of ideas for quality racing, but screw it, none of them will be realized until i win on the lottery, so i can buy couple of good servers...
Go earn some experience points and don't whine. Doesn't take you anywhere.
Quote from kimd41 :Today's racing servers are SHIT and SUCK. Let's see, I want to enter some racing server to race and have some fun, but noooo I can't because THEY ALL ****ING NEED RANKS, EXPERIENCES, SAFETY % AND POINTS!! :banghead:

What the **** has happened, what happened to the times when we actually raced for fun with any cars? Now, we have to be TOTALLY NERDS and race 24/7 to gain rank, experience, safety % AND points. WTF is this shit?

Why there isn't ANY decent server with people in it, that allows the use of many cars without the need of ranks and experiences?

Imagine a server with a decent amount of people and admins, where we race with different or same kind of cars without any ranks or restrictions and after 3 races or so we change track or type of cars, so every 3 races there would be a different combination of cars and tracks.

IHR sucked because of that, S2 cargame.nl sucks because of that, and all the servers that use this kind of system SUCK and I refuse to play on them. And I'm pretty sure it also kills it for a lot of people.

http://surfingbeans.com/wp-con ... ol_story_bro_trollcat.jpg
Quote from kimd41 :Today's racing servers are SHIT and SUCK.

If shitty and sucky servers are more popular than the like you suggest, what does this really imply?
#13 - VoiD
According to your pb´s you´re right... todays servers are way too fast for you...

Please moan elsewhere!
Quote from VoiD :According to your pb´s you´re right... todays servers are way too fast for you...

Please moan elsewhere!

Oh come on, that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to race. That attitude isn't needed here.
#15 - wild
Quote from pik_d :Oh come on, that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to race. That attitude isn't needed here.

and his attitude is?
He means his attitute is arrogant, because he judge a person out of his lap times.
#17 - VoiD
He just didn´t tried to perform a proper race.. that´s what I meant...

Personaly I had a great time racing on SO3R/UFBr a few minutes ago...

PS: We had this discussion 3 years ago when CTRA suddenly appeard on our lists...
Yeap

So in the end of the day, there are more servers out there, try them if the once on the top does not suit your type of racing.
Quote from kimd41 :...lots of moaning about lack of single class no points servers...

There were 2 single class, no ranking/points/rating requirement servers announced in this very forum section recently. Both were in responce to requests from forum users for single class servers. Both are currently empty.

What YOU have asked for has been provided but YOU have to support them, help populate them and give feedback to help evolve them otherwise they may disappear again.
Go find one of the 500 other racing servers that don't have ranks, experiences, safety, and points.
I got the replies I was expecting. People protecting their "favourite" server, telling me to gtfo... doesn't suprise me since they're who full those servers.

These multi-class servers are full because most people just look at the server with most people and join it. I bet if right now we filled a single class server and make it enjoyable it would get as popular.

I don't play in the single class servers because they're empty and I don't have the time to waste to wait for someone to join for hours.

My point is NOT that multi-class suck because they're multi class, my point is that the points, safety %, ranks are killing it.

- Safety %: Why? Crashers get banned by admin. I have to drive with the fear of not doing ANY mistake because I will lose safety % and not able to play.
- Points: I'm okay with points as soon it DOESN'T TAKE MONTHS TO ADVANCE TO THE NEXT CLASS!! Some months ago, I played A LOT at IHR to advance to the next class and I didn't even get halfway. I quit racing from there.
- Ranks: Again, I'm okay as soon I don't have to be a total nerd to advance to the next rank so I can use a friggin FXO.

And seriously people, you don't have to go attacking me and judge me by my lap times. I can play good when I want. I spend most of my time on cruise and drift servers because I can drive what I want and I can organize fun races with other people driving my kind of car.
Quote from kimd41 :Today's racing servers are SHIT and SUCK. Let's see, I want to enter some racing server to race and have some fun, but noooo I can't because THEY ALL ****ING NEED RANKS, EXPERIENCES, SAFETY % AND POINTS!! :banghead:

I agree in part...but at the same time, shut up :P.

No, sriously...it is a problem where almos all servers limit their races to the best drivers..which leave no room for no new people...
On the other hand..yo udo find some servers that dont have such features (plug our team server!!!) My team's server for instance (not my team per Se, but I do a lot of work with it *webmaster and ingame admin*) We dont have limits and such crap...We just beat 7 sorts of tish out of ya if you fail badly multiple times (joke...maybe a warning then kick)

Anyway...I hope you find a good server to race on in the future..if not, just join ours:

Real Racers Exp. Server Link..cars and tracks can be changed at request (while im online).
invalid reason.....
Quote from kimd41 :
- Ranks: Again, I'm okay as soon I don't have to be a total nerd to advance to the next rank so I can use a friggin FXO.

Our S1 server is open for FXO. I don't see the problem.

If you want to drive on our more popular S2 server you need to improve your safety level and that is nothing more then doing some clean laps, it's as simply as that.

Normally there wasn't a problem but your last race was a month ago and the bar has raised since then.

Maybe start racing LFS more. Regulars have more rights then newcomers. It works that way in life too (generally).

Enjoy and cheers.
#25 - VoiD
Quote from kimd41 :...People protecting their "favourite" server, telling me to gtfo... doesn't suprise me since they're who full those servers.

Looks like nobody can help you then...

Edit:

btw: slowly but surely I get sick of this! LFS is dead/dying, your/all server sux, "we" (who?) need updated/"proper" gfx/tracks/cars/whatever, "What is your situation with LFS?", etc, etc... So please quit LFS (or start your own server-environment), but please do not ruin our spare-time

Points, experiences, safety %, ranks have gone too far?
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG