The online racing simulator
iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
Quote from el pibe : i was about to install it but it said that it was going to erase all my music... so i said '' f*ck you apple, im not updating ''

Er, no it doesn't. None of the music on my iTouch (32GB third-gen) is from the iTunes store and it updated to iOS4 without wiping *anything* on the device, and it didn't pop up with any warning dialogs.

You're doing it wrong
Quote from el pibe :lost all my songs anyway coz they were not purchased via the itunes store.... seriously, **** you apple. **** you jobs.

you're doing it wrong.

If you do an "Update".. No content is lost. Your apps, music and such will stay.

if you Restore, that's when stuff gets lost. The backup will restore your settings and some content, but music/videos (that are synced) will be lost.

I think I have 1 song from iTunes, and it all works.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :you're doing it wrong.

If you do an "Update".. No content is lost. Your apps, music and such will stay.

if you Restore, that's when stuff gets lost. The backup will restore your settings and some content, but music/videos (that are synced) will be lost.

I think I have 1 song from iTunes, and it all works.

+1. Never downloaded anything from iTunes, but I've never lost a single song after a restore. Maybe that's because I keep my music backupped on an external hard disk, not on my mp3 player...
whatever, i found 160 out of 870... but most of them i never listened to them so yeah... new songs will be more usefull...
To be honest its people's fault for being left handed, really inconsiderate. :thumbsdow

I'd like to download OS 4 for my iTouch, but iTunes keeps saying the connection timed out when the download completes. :rolleyes:
Quote from 5haz :To be honest its people's fault for being left handed, really inconsiderate. :thumbsdow

I'd like to download OS 4 for my Itouch, but iTunes keeps saying the connection timed out when the download completes. :rolleyes:

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

In the lower part of the page, select your device (iPod Touch 1G, 2G or 3G) and the firmware (4.0/8A293), then press download. Or, better, use the direct link under.
Look 4 posts up.

I already posted it.
You're hating too much people. Ok, that's a big flaw, but if i would be buying a phone with touchscreen it would definately be in iPhone, probably not the 4 until they fix this. There are some seriously cool apps there, and the touchscreen is awesome. Those music apps are pure awesomeness..
Android phones are the way forward
You people with 3GS, have you switched to iOS4? How's the performance?
Quote from Boris Lozac :You people with 3GS, have you switched to iOS4? How's the performance?

Yes, and it's great. If I'm not wrong, it's even faster than 3.1.3.

The multitask is very useful, and it doesn't slow down at all the phone.
Great.. i'm planning on getting one in the near future. I said that if i was to change my 4 year old Nokia (that still works perfectly), it would be for the GPS function. I'm rubbish in navigation, and i could use it in the car too.. so why not an iPhone then..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Great.. i'm planning on getting one in the near future. I said that if i was to change my 4 year old Nokia (that still works perfectly), it would be for the GPS function. I'm rubbish in navigation, and i could use it in the car too.. so why not an iPhone then..

does iphone 4 have proper GPS then? i thought you still had to buy the tomtom app for £90
wow... apple dissapointed me again today.... i just noticed that my '' 3rd gen '' 8gb itouch really is an updated 2nd gen itouch.... thanks to that i cant use the multi tasking and the wallpaper features that iOS 4 '' allows ''....

so this is for any of u technology geeks.... is there a jailbreak for iOS4 ?
Quote from trebor901 :does iphone 4 have proper GPS then? i thought you still had to buy the tomtom app for £90

I see on my local forum that everyone is using IGO, legal or not, i don't know..
Funniest thing ever.

So true though. Just because its called iPhone, everyone wants it. Just like with Ferrari or any other big and popular manufacture. Nobody cares how it performs, they want it because its made by a brand everyone knows...
Quote from DevilDare :Funniest thing ever.

So true though. Just because its called iPhone, everyone wants it. Just like with Ferrari or any other big and popular manufacture. Nobody cares how it performs, they want it because its made by a brand everyone knows...

At first, I wanted to point out your incredible ignorance, but then I realized the exact opposite. You actually know every single person who has ever bought an iPhone or a Ferrari and their reason for that matter. Congratulations
Where did I say I do?

However, almost all of my friends and people I know fall into that category.

"What you doing?"
"Watching F1, you?"
"Cool, who's winning?"
"Ferrari"
"Awesome!! Ferrari is best!!"

(No. He does not watch or care for motorsports or cars in general)

(Real one)

"Hey. What do you think of this? (Link to eBay)"
"Its 3G. Not worth it IMO."
"Yeah I know, there are newer ones out there, but its iPhone LOL"

Yeah... I am summarising from what I have learnt my self. But let me tell you, I am pretty sure it applies to a damn huge number of people.
Quote from DevilDare :snip

Actually, it does.
A friend of mine saw me at school with my (then) new iPhone 2G, said "WOW, I want it", and when it came to Italy (the new 3G), she bought it.

She then came to me and said: "How can I send an MMS?".
I answered: "You can't. You will be able to when the new firmware will come out"
"The new WHAT?"
"Oh, well... when you will be able to upgrade its operating system to a new version"
"Does that mean that I can't send an MMS, now?"
"Yep."
"Oh... And what about sending a picture with BlueTooth?"
"Again, you can't"
"WHAT?"

HOW, I said, HOW can you buy a 599€ phone without knowing what it CAN or it CAN'T do.

Having said that, 95% of the people that I know with an iPhone knows its pros and its cons and didn't buy it JUST because it's an iPhone. If it was for me, it could have been called SsangYong Rodius and I would have bought it as well...

iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG