The online racing simulator
3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
Quote from XCNuse :2.. not so "quickys" if you will
obviously you can tell in the second picture that there is a good amount of light artifacting on the spoiler.. i'll have to work on that, not completely sure why after it did so after all i've done.. owell

just some new pics i guess

The rear view is damn cool perspective. Classic.
But those tyres...hmm.. I love the writing on them.. but they look so.. so NASCAR

(Oh and just noticed, please, why have you destroyed those billions of CPU operations on perfecting the edges of your model, by this lame Corel-like Magic Wand tool or whatever it was which cut the car against the white background? )
nope; those are straight from 3dsmax
German Stock car ??!??
Attached images
FZ5_White.jpg
Quote from L(Oo)ney :Thats because they are nascar...

http://www.volunteergraphics.c ... eq=viewdownload&cid=2

lol i tried to render that whole model.. computer couldnt do it rofl

i still odly have HDRI problems.. my cars barely reflect the sky lol
that.. and how do i get it so that the sky isnt shown in my renders? (oddly.. i got it bright enough to where it would look white in my FXR renders)

@ grudd; like the porsche wheels! looks .. right lol
bit toooo reflective though (looks chrome )
just in case yall were wondering why you havent seen many renders or screenshots from me, just want to show off what i've been up to :
civic Si.. hm.. trying to learn how to poly model at same time so you can see a few problems in there that im trying to clear up
(dont worry about frong grille, i have textured it yet
Attached images
2.jpg
FZR with her sweet white skirt

@ grudd ; how did you make it have a background color (that brownish color).. but have an HDRI map?

and one last thing, you might want to check out some of your light settings, theres a good amount of artifacting in the shadows
Quote from XCNuse :@ grudd ; how did you make it have a background color (that brownish color).. but have an HDRI map?

and one last thing, you might want to check out some of your light settings, theres a good amount of artifacting in the shadows

With brazil render engine:

Activate the CSG server and choose the color you want for the ground.

Depending of the angle view you'll choose a part of the hdri pic will appear on the upper part on the render (see pic attached)
Simply load in photoshop and clean it.
Attached images
FZR_White2x.jpg
How are you getting the car to reflect the backround image? ive tried and tried and can never get it to..
Here I've tried to make some bolts. I've changed the shape of the inside of the wheels too. It's the same polys, just moved about a bit.
Basically it's to show (targeted mainly at mr. Eric Bailey) that the poly structure is good but just needs some tweaking and a bolt model (which I wouldn't mind to hand to the devs of course).
Attached images
XRRbolts.jpg
The inner circles of the wheels have too many polys in LFS, because it's rotated and thus even a small ring with like 1cm radius has the the same amount of polys as the outside of the wheel
:S when exactly did everyone but me get brazil full??

all i've been seeing lately is renders of ian's cars that people are downloading
and.. i find it upsetting cause all they do is just change the skin
which.. over time that gets plain boring
Oh don't be so bitter! Post something positive for a change
oh.. you do it too al.. you have been sucked into his scheme ... one day... just one day you will see.. lol

um actually.. im quite honestly bored lol and have been trying to render this scene over 2 hours now.. (last night and just started it .. just a few minutes ago) amazing.. you can pause a render, hybernate your computer.. and then just continue on (this is a very good thing for me lol)
unfortunately the problem im having right now.. is the right side of the FV8 looks plastic due to the HDRI map
buuut.. its only halfway done lol
Quote from XCNuse :oh.. you do it too al.. you have been sucked into his scheme ... one day... just one day you will see.. lol

Yep, guilty as charged, Ian has saved me many hours of tedious technical work by posting his ready-to-go scenes, I think he did a marvellous job on them :up:
Quote from ORION :The inner circles of the wheels have too many polys in LFS, because it's rotated and thus even a small ring with like 1cm radius has the the same amount of polys as the outside of the wheel

Ya I know. And IMO there shouldn't be that "center block" thing. Oh and while we're at it, ingame, the brake discs don't rotate whereas realistically they should (as in a real car). It would allow to use something better ingame than the original texture, just like I do for them renders too.

Quote from XCNuse :all i've been seeing lately is renders of ian's cars that people are downloading
and.. i find it upsetting cause all they do is just change the skin

Mine are not Ian's cars. I like neither his materials nor his normals so I'm doing everything myself (which includes the skins on the cars in the renders I post and the textures on my models I post). Oh and I can model too btw. Here's proof (that's a WIP I do)
Attached images
ccr10.jpg
very nice nick! is that a concept you found or one you drew or just plain came up with while you were making it?

very impressive; tad bit low qualy though, but nonetheless its very nice looking.. what smooth modifier are you using? turbo or NURMS or.. classic and whatever else

very nice concept though

@al; im not like mad mad.. i mean i can see why some people do it, but.. its the same as starting a trend i guess you could say; everyone does it.. and it gets boring real fast (think of lances livestrong bands; its not that they are bad, but.. when those bands got sold, you started to see them everywhere.. now .. no one wants them :S)
That's the Koenigsegg I think
... 20 hours later.... the render is friggen done

now.. who wants to help me with my materials
(especially my wheels lol)
want to make alloy look, but.. i still have very little idea as to how materials work in 3dsmax
Attached images
FV85.jpg
20 hours for that?
oddly.. yes

atleast thats what 3dsmax said.. hm.. unless it was in seconds, then it was 20 minutes.. but i promise you it wasnt 20 minutes lol it was a few hours

guessing it was around 2 hours or so (guess for some odd reason it counts how long even when its set to pause)
Quote from Grudd :FZR with her sweet white skirt

anychance of getting some high res versions of your last few posts they're absolutly incredible if it wasnt for the FZR front light's they'd be totally amazing. Has anyone had a go at remodelling these?
Might aswell post these here...

Thanks to Orion for sharing his awesome RA_GTR, which is where the roof/spoiler came from.

His model seems to be missing a few textures though, so i used the standard RA model, and did a few edits and added his roof/windows..

Anyone else think the RA with a roof/color coded light surround, looks much better? - More agressive looking i think.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG