The online racing simulator
Legalising Marijuana
(238 posts, started )

Poll : Should marijuana be legalised?

I feel strongly marijuana should be legalised.
I feel marijuana should be legalised.
I don't care if marijuana is legalised.
I feel strongly marijuana should remain illegal.
I feel fairly strongly marijuana should be legalised.
I feel marijuana should remain illegal.
I feel fairly strongly marijuana should remain illegal.
Quote from Mustafur :Driving while high isn't that dangerous the main problem for me is I think too much and i may lose concentration.

However you are much more cautions when your high and its definitely safer then driving drunk.

Losing concentration while driving isn't dangerous?

wow.
Driving high is safer than driving drunk.

What a statement.
Quote from Klutch :Losing concentration while driving isn't dangerous?

wow.

lol i kinda worded it wrong, but losing concentration isn't that likely however it would more likely happen then if you where sober.
Quote from Mustafur :...losing concentration isn't that likely however it would more likely happen then if you where sober.

lol...were you high when writing this?
driving stoned is nowhere near safe, you keep focusing on things that aren't necessary when driving while rejecting basics of driving and forgetting things that actually are important for safety.
#106 - STF
Quote from -NightFly- :My thoughts about it are written in following discussion (they haven't changed and i doubt they ever will): http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1012434#post1012434

Yeah but that`s your case and yours only. People are different. I knew a guy in high school who from a single beer had an alcoholic coma. Was ok the next day but meh.

Quote from NitroNitrous :Marihuana
Tobacco :thumbsdow

That about sums it up for me. THC ftw!

Air is a drug too, try to abuse it and you can end up feeling dizzy.

Ps: Guess what I voted.
They should legalise it but with some limits.

There.
Quote from amp88 :Would it surprise you to learn that heroin was legally available in the UK in the past? Was it acceptable then?

As it was in the US. It was legal back then because it wasn't a big problem, opium came into the US along with the Chinese (I'm not pitting blame on Chinese, just the ones that brought it...) then it started to be a serious problem. And thus, it's illegal now. And I noticed that alot of the pot smokers around here are chain smokers when it comes to cigarettes. I'm guessing that it's some psychological deal where they enjoy the sensation of smoking, or get used to the fact that when they smoke something, they feel good, so they start doing tobacco when they are in public. Ehh, just my observation. My opinion is that it shouldn't be legalized. I'm against marijuana period, just the way I've been raised. Have never smoked it, and never will. Plus I just don't like the smell of it, makes me sick for some reason.
Quote from The Moose :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... vKscw&feature=related

ofcourse, depending on amount

edit* If people will let this come legal globally then it will give us just one more option to poison ourselves freely (and eventually it could lead the way to other narcotics aswell), it's a free world, more or less, i know, but i am actually thinking about the children i might have one day and i don not want them to live in a world where there are even more possibilites to poison themselves than there already are...
Quote from Klutch :Man i can barely order a pizza when stoned, let alone figure out how to work a clutch.

I'm going to make a non-judgemental assumption here and assume you consume more than a single spliff when your inability to order pizza sets in
Quote from -NightFly- :ofcourse, depending on amount

edit* If people will let this come legal globally then it will give us just one more option to poison ourselves freely (and eventually it could lead the way to other narcotics aswell), it's a free world, more or less, i know, but i am actually thinking about the children i might have one day and i don not want them to live in a world where there are even more possibilites to poison themselves than there already are...

Stop living in your pink dream world and just open your eyes ffs! this planet is a ****ed up place already and weed won't make it any worse.
Quote from Evoluti0n_II :Stop living in your pink dream world and just open your eyes ffs! this planet is a ****ed up place already and weed won't make it any worse.

He acknowledged that already if you actually read the part you so nicely bolded.
Quote from zeugnimod :He acknowledged that already if you actually read the part you so nicely bolded.

Right. Ill quit the beer for today .
Quote from Evoluti0n_II : Right. Ill quit the beer for today .

You could change to Marijuana if you don't have to drive anymore tonight. I won't tell the cops.
Quote from zeugnimod :You could change to Marijuana if you don't have to drive anymore tonight. I won't tell the cops.

I believe he is already in a state where it's legally not allowed to drive
He mentioned beer.
haha just go to holland if you really need it
Never done it. Never will. Other people can do it if they want.

That is all.
I actually went out in the city for the first time in ages, last Saturday night. I kept looking around and thinking... it's not the pot heads who are out of control, it's these damn drunks.
do it at home who cares,but dont get ppl involved who do NOT WANT any of it.
i really frikkin hate even the smoke im in when some1s smoking,i could kill.
it smells nice, legalise it.
Why legalize it? It creates zombie people and paranoia. Also, taking drugs is ok when you involve only yourself, but legalizing it will only mean that more and more people will end up doing it, because children will see adults doing it, and begin to think that it's acceptable behaviour, when it isn't.

A cigarette is enough to calm the nerves and act as a mild pain killer, if you need some stronger painkiller then you should seek medical advice, not stone yourself silly.

I think people who are using it should maybe not be penalized for it, but anyone who has a quantity big enough to make a sale should be charged.

Also, I think most of the people supporting it to be legal are either smoking it themselves, or are immature. There's a good reason why it is not legal in almost all countries, and that is because it kills relationships and personality. It's not a conspiracy theory. Almost everyone has smoked cannabis/marajuana but most people grow up and mature enough to stop doing it.

Smoking is legal and that's why so many people DON'T quit. Because it's an availability. By legalizing cannabis you are only prolonging the ammount of time people will smoke it for, and extending the list of people that smoke it.
Quote from BlueFlame :Why legalize it?

For the reasons in my original post, among others suggested by other people in this thread.

Quote from BlueFlame :It creates zombie people and paranoia.

People who are under the influence of marijuana are still able to function at a high level (near, at or even slightly above 'normal' levels). Someone who has over-indulged will have impaired function, of course, but saying that marijuana creates zombie people is incorrect and reeks of the propaganda against marijuana that has been created over time by people who do not wish it to be legalised (see Tell Your Children/Reefer Madness for a good example). In some cases paranoia can result from consumption, but this is highly dependent on the individual, their mood before consumption and their environment. It's similar to the way that drinking alcohol while depressed leads to much greater depression.

Quote from BlueFlame :Also, taking drugs is ok when you involve only yourself, but legalizing it will only mean that more and more people will end up doing it, because children will see adults doing it, and begin to think that it's acceptable behaviour, when it isn't.

I'm not sure if there's any real evidence to suggest that legalising marijuana would increase the number of users. With an effective education strategy teaching the currently known facts about marijuana (instead of fuelling long-held and often wrong opinions) the public would be better equipped to make the decision for themselves.

Quote from BlueFlame :A cigarette is enough to calm the nerves and act as a mild pain killer, if you need some stronger painkiller then you should seek medical advice, not stone yourself silly.

Well, marijuana is prescribed by doctors as a painkiller. Many synthetic painkillers when consumed for even short periods of time can have very serious side effects.

Quote from BlueFlame :Also, I think most of the people supporting it to be legal are either smoking it themselves, or are immature.

Hmm, not sure where you're pulling this from. I don't currently use marijuana and haven't for a considerable time. I also don't believe I'm immature. However, I see the harmful effects that its currently illegal status has on society. Our jails are already overfilled and a large proportion of those incarcerated are there for drugs related offences. By taking many dealers out of the equation (which is what would happen if the supply was controlled and regulated by the Government prisons would be less overcrowded and less money would be spent housing criminals convicted for drug offences.

Quote from BlueFlame :There's a good reason why it is not legal in almost all countries, and that is because it kills relationships and personality.
It's not a conspiracy theory. Almost everyone has smoked cannabis/marajuana but most people grow up and mature enough to stop doing it.

You're contradicting yourself here. You say "almost everyone" has smoked marijuana (which I take objection to because I don't believe it is anywhere near accurate) and you say it kills relationships and personality. You're saying everyone who's smoked marijuana has lost the people they were in a relationship with and has lost their personality? What would you say about the hundreds or thousands of famous marijuana users throughout modern human history? Bob Marley or the Beatles for example. Have they lost their personality? Turned into paranoid zombies? You're spouting the same old, tired propaganda informed by no real evidence.

Quote from BlueFlame :Smoking is legal and that's why so many people DON'T quit. Because it's an availability. By legalizing cannabis you are only prolonging the ammount of time people will smoke it for, and extending the list of people that smoke it.

I don't think people continue to smoke tobacco because it's legal. I think they do it because in the last few generations tobacco had a massive advertising budget behind it. For a long period of time the vast majority of films and TV series featured people smoking cigarettes. Doctors personally recommended it in adverts. People were told smoking was "cool" and "safe". Once people started smoking many found it very difficult to give up (because of the addictive qualities of the nicotine and other adulterants they add to keep people hooked). It's indisputable that tobacco is more dangerous to health than marijuana. Every year billions of pounds are spent world wide on caring for people who are hospitalised for tobacco related illnesses. I will repeat again...not one person has ever died from a marijuana overdose.
Quote from Klutch :Man i can barely order a pizza when stoned, let alone figure out how to work a clutch.

Pizza was easy. Had a friend who was manager of a Pizza Hut. We just called up, asked for the manager, asked if there were any "mistakes" that night, and by the time we got down there, we had 4-5 pizzas waiting for us at no charge
I haven't read through everything, so I dunno if this has been mentioned, but areas of the USA have legalized the use of medical marijuana. In my state the program is only a one or two years old, and it has caused some very odd situations. For instance, cops refusing to acknowledge that the users are growing and using marijuana legally, charging into their home (with a battering ram) without warning and arresting them in fornt of their family at gun point. There is now a college (Oaksterdam) that has advertisements on the radio saying that they will teach you how to make it in the Canabis industry. And they do. legally.

As for me, I would like to see decriminalization, if not full legalization. For a whole host of reasons that I'm not really going to get into. It wouldn't change how often I use it though, which is whenever someone else is buying. (in actual numbers once a month at most, usually far nearer once every three months) I'm not made of money, never bought weed, never plan to. I'm well aware that I have a strong family history of addiction to substances, so I do take measures to avoid the same with myself. It's worked so far to my satisfaction, I'm usually known as one of the more sober people at parties, though I'm not exactly a teetoller.

Legalising Marijuana
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG