The online racing simulator
New Driver Game!
(117 posts, started )
Oh my, good old times.

Driver was my first driving game after the Dutch A2 Racers by Davilex. Will for sure buy this game for PC!
If you don't like it, don't use it. Though I can imagine it'll probably be necessary in missions, unfortunately.
Games are trying too hard. First Driver was simple. And that was one of its strengths
What are we talking about here? The video doesn't work for me.
Is it true that Pedestrians cannot be ran over and we cannot exit our car anymore?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Is it true that Pedestrians cannot be ran over and we cannot exit our car anymore?

it's called driver. not walker.
Quote from dadge :it's called driver. not walker.

I still enjoyed walking about from time to time in the other Driver games though.
I don't know about Driver 2 or 3, but in the first game you couldn't run over pedestrians either. Which is good, it's not Carmageddon after all And I don't need to get out of the car either
You couldn't hit pedestrians in Driver 2 either. On the plus side, you could sit on benches, which was extremely useful.
While waiting for the bus?
meh, in the end it will just be a game where spoiled teenagers will try to ban you for sitting on a bench... -.-''
Quote from Mp3 Astra :You couldn't hit pedestrians in Driver 2 either. On the plus side, you could sit on benches, which was extremely useful.

iirc the police would suddenly no longer take an interest in you, once you'd exited your vehicle, which was realistic . It didn't work, and imo they shouldn't bother trying to make it into a GTA-type open world type game..................and then I remembered the shift thing and realised it's going to be stupid regardless.
Not being able to get out of the car wasn't a problem for me, it didn't seem to be a problem for the makers of the original either until GTA took the piss out of them.
Huge bump, I just stumbled on the licenced car list on igcd on and god, they got a lot of good cars on the list! (at least imo) :cry:
http://www.igcd.net/movie.php?id=100000220&width=1280
(also if you didn't know, all of these cars will be damageable - time to destroy the cygnet (yes, that's in the game -.-)!)
Quote from Boris Lozac :You people are easily hyped All it takes is some remake to make you hyped. Yes the first Driver was awesome, especially the garage part, but it's not that easy to recreate that and that feeling... Those kind of things and games should live happily in the memory, and not butchered after 10 or more years, it will never be the same..

Indeed.
It was the game at that moment in time, cross platform also.
The gameplay was novel, the gameworld too. But how much have we seen and played since.
Lots of examples I could point out, almost too many these days to name. Lots of game studios now play safe and the bigger the software house the less of a risk they will take with the games originality and design.
Fearing that they will miss the audience (I blame the media as much as the execs)
But there is one remake that got my nostalgic juices flowing and if they dont bring this to the PC, a grown man will cry.

I get less interested in the bigger titles these days, Indie titles for me usually end up being massively more playable longterm, compared to the instant candy hits we see these days.
Woooow. For only a couple extra bucks you get 4 extra game modes and 5 cars. Thats a absolute steal compared the stuff you normally get nowadays.
The moment I saw modern cars I was turned off, let alone all that stupid coma magic warping plot mechanic thing they have going on. I think I speak for all fans of the Driver series when I say that all we want is a HD remake of the original. No stories, no silly gimmicks, just a car and some impossible missions with a director mode and maybe a bit of online cops vs robbers.
#70 - JJ72
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The moment I saw modern cars I was turned off, let alone all that stupid coma magic warping plot mechanic thing they have going on. I think I speak for all fans of the Driver series when I say that all we want is a HD remake of the original. No stories, no silly gimmicks, just a car and some impossible missions with a director mode and maybe a bit of online cops vs robbers.

U don't speak for me then.

Modern cars not a problem, just more variety, plenty of muscle to play with, and I see they are still very easy to slide around in and that's the main thing.

Coma warp you can not use it, simple.
Quote from Vinnylegends :Yes! Those bridge ramps in Miami were just epic!

haha yeah, backflip to Police Car and perfect landing for escaping! I still have it on Memory Card as a replay lol!

About Driver...

Much better game than GTA... This game has something what other games doesn't. I have original Driver and when this will be released, im gonna buy this also.
Quote from atc quicksilver :the moment i saw modern cars i was turned off, let alone all that stupid coma magic warping plot mechanic thing they have going on. I think i speak for all fans of the driver series when i say that all we want is a hd remake of the original. No stories, no silly gimmicks, just a car and some impossible missions with a director mode and maybe a bit of online cops vs robbers.

+1

(sorry doublepost)
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The moment I saw modern cars I was turned off, let alone all that stupid coma magic warping plot mechanic thing they have going on. I think I speak for all fans of the Driver series when I say that all we want is a HD remake of the original. No stories, no silly gimmicks, just a car and some impossible missions with a director mode and maybe a bit of online cops vs robbers.

I totally agree, this new title looks more like Need For Speed than Driver. Especially the physics look abysmal on the trailers that have been released. It's a shame, since the semi-decent physics are what got me hooked in the original game.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The moment I saw modern cars I was turned off

I think there is to much modern european cars, not that I don't like them, but they don't fit Driver.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :stupid coma magic warping plot mechanic thing they have going on.

At first I was like:

BUT, if you think about it's not that stupid. This will eliminate these boring pointless on foot/shooting missions while you will still be able to change car. Yes they could make it Driver 2 way (in case you didn't played - in D2 you was able to get out of the car, run, push buttons and get into another car, no shooting and such), but then people who are new to the series would be like "I can get out of the car and run around but I can't use weapons and punch people in the face? WTF is this shit?"
The coma thing could be an interesting game mechanic in another game, but as it stands it's turning the Driver series into something it never was in the beginning.

I whole-heartedly agree with Quicksilver. I want Driver 1 (or 2) with modern graphics, steering wheel support and more cars, and more cities. That (those) game (games) was (were) incredibly fun, and had by far the best cop chases of any game ever made.

New Driver Game!
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG