The online racing simulator
-OsR- Old skool Racing
(115 posts, started )
If it was empty about an hour ago that would be me, Currently finishing the 500servers maintainence on any servers that are currently empty. Expect things back in the next 2 - 3 hours,
Quote from franky500 :If it was empty about an hour ago that would be me, Currently finishing the 500servers maintainence on any servers that are currently empty. Expect things back in the next 2 - 3 hours,

Ok thanks for the info
Any chance on getting anything else than oval in there?
Quote from kamo2000 :Any chance on getting anything else than oval in there?

I might actually start the voting system I planned for so long. Now that I have _some_ free time. Thanks for bringing my mind to it again tho.

Speaking of which, let me ask everyone: What do you think of a system that works as follows: Voting for next track is opened for 1 day, until 00:00. After 00:00, when the server is empty the insim changes the track. The track stays like that for 2 days, and on the 2nd day, the whole day from 00:00 to 00:00 voting is opened again. Everyone that joins the server will be able to vote(no more than once of course). Or should voting be opened for both days? Or maybe the track kept the same only 1 day? Also, should we allow voting for the same track?

So, to make it easier to answer, let's make a pattern:
1: Should voting be opened for both days? [Yes/No]
2: Should 1 track be kept only 1 day? [Yes/No]
3: Should voting for the same track be allowed? [Yes/No]
4: If you don't like the idea at all, suggest something different.
5: Go with morpha's idea(the post below). [Yes/No]

Actually, I might just go straightly with morpha's idea, because it sounds really good, imo. Unless of course, there are many people that think that my idea is better. And not much people post in this thread anyway, so I guess the result is clear. ;d
A long term voting system like that doesn't really fit OsR in my opinion. You'll end up getting many votes from people who might not be on the server when their desired track is finally selected. Instead, I'd go with a fixed schedule or shuffle system.

Choosing track by day and configuration by vote would probably satisfy all parties.
WEll i like the idea from broken: To answer then:
1. no
2. no
3. no
4. nah it's ok - voting every two days ( well maybe 3) for new track is ok with me.
5. nah not really. I would like to have all available combos not some limited schedule. But if that's what You all want it's ok too :P
Server expires end of the month, so unless someone says otherwise. it will be closed
Damm no tumbleweed Gif. !!!
Cant beleive you let this server die offf, has no one hosted it anywhere else ??

great server, great insim, oh well
Well we have to move on some day
But it might come back
Well let me know if it's back. I might start working on that voting system some weekend.
Woah.. blast from the past.
Me wants it back.
if you bring it Back could i join then, please?
What do you mean by "join"?

If by that you mean entering the server for some racing - sure you can.
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
i Mean join The Team
It´s a lot of fun There! and i want to be a part of OsR
would be Great
Well first of all: You can't immediately become a part of OsR. You need to work your way up, which, I'll be honest - isn't very hard at all. This whole testing period you have to go through is just to convince us that you are a nice person and that you know how to behave when you have a little bit more rights(meaning: to understand that we are all people, and that you are not by any means "greater" or "cooler" or anything more than the regular racers in the server). Nothing more.

But, second, and more important: We do not like to accept people that already participate in other teams. Especially if they are a vital part of that team. And, you are the 3 most vitals parts of HCT, so I believe that this is going to be a problem.

Quote from yoursignature :
[HCT] Hardcore Crash Team!
Founder & Owner & Scripter
Join US!
http://hardcore-crash-team.forums3.com

Also, this second rule is quite tricky. This is, because some people think "well, I'll just quit the other team and join OsR". While this might seem like a good gesture towards OsR in your eyes, for us it shows just how serious you are being towards the other team - which means that you can be just as unserious with OsR too.

To sum it up: If you are already in another team, you can not join OsR in any way. You either have to not be in a team, or just wait until the team falls a part. Of course you could always be kicked out, but if it has been entirely your fault - again, you can't be 100% sure that you will make it into OsR.

#94 - PoVo
Shouldn't this be in the hosts forum?
No. It was there, and moderators moved it here. This is not a host talk really. It's more of a host+team talk. And the fact that the server is currently down makes it even more inappropriate for the hosts forum. On top of that, the hosts forum is mainly for hosting, not server discussion.
* Sorry for the double post.

** Aaaand, it is down again. Don't bother reading the rest of the post, because it is not true anymore.

I wanted to bump this thread to tell you that the server is currently up. The THC forum is down, so all error messages, telling you to report them there.. are.. well.. wrong.

The database is inaccessible(because the new server is not in the remote access allow list, and the db host was not on a site that's mine - with changed login settings that makes it kind of impossible to be reached fast), but I will try to find that backup I once made and move it to a safer(read: easier to discover) place. Then I will transfer and import it to the server's local mysql server. After that, I will only have to change the db connection settings in the source code, recompile the insim, and voila - we will have the stats system back up again.

If you are kind enough to care about reporting errors, you can do it there: http://lmutafov.com/projects/osr_forum
If im still hosting the database Broken, i`ll restart it for you,

but changed hosts, so not sure if i have still have it

Ahhh, i have a DB with1500 users, looks likei may still have it
Might even get a server again, not played LFS for months now,
I got it up cause I got like offers from 3 people. And none of them are actually ..serious enough offers. Chris(has 2 vpss), Sico(has idk how many vpss, but his offer was more like about a cruise server and not right now), and a friend(has a PC at his house that he's gonna use for lineage, but LFS won't get in it's way, so.. yeah..). And now you too.

I will have to consider which option is the best, because I don't want you spending your money on something that could die just a few days after that. If only OsR had good management, maybe I'd be more serious too. But we had only one serious person, and that was Rep. And 1 person isn't enough when the server gets a tad busier.
Quote from broken : But we had only one serious person, and that was Rep. And 1 person isn't enough when the server gets a tad busier.

lol , mkeey.... :noob:

-OsR- Old skool Racing
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG