The online racing simulator
Fia WTCC 2010
(127 posts, started )
#76 - JJ72
Quote from Mysho :No words for Geely, that must be some kind of joke.

Why not, afterall they had the money to buy Volvo.
I know. As I said, I didn't want to open a new thread for this.
I'm lost nowBeen watching the Seat Leon Cup(the one on support of the WTCC, with Eoin Murray also in) several time, never seen Norbi in it. Or is he racing in a different series perhaps?
Supercup.
Norbi raced Supercup which Eoin used to race, but he switched to eurocup because his team have two other drivers in Supercup and he didnt have any team mates in Supercup.. So yeah, Norbi Supercup(Spanish Championship), Eoin Eurocup(European)
Quote from trebor901 :But the SEAT cup is nothing to do wiht WTCC anymore and SEAT dont do the thing where they give the winner of the supercopa races a WTCC drive for the weekend

The supercopa never got the WTCC drive, the Eurocup got did. The highest points scorer over a weekend got a drive in wtcc. Thats gone now though, they have brought in prize money instead.

E:Sry for double post
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Can anyone explain why that yellow honeycomb car appears to be sponsored by Georgia Tech? The Institute would probably throw a hissy fit if some Hungarian company is indeed using their logo.

Honeycomb pattern is something that can't be patented and copyrighted I don't think, it's like saying nobody's allow use flames on their car because that's what Hot Wheels have as their logo..
not the honeycomb, the bee that's on the side looks suspiciously like one of the trademarked logos for the Georgia Institute of Technology, a college in the United States.
Don't forget Portimão this weekend already, though as predicted even this series is slowly becoming FIA shit... But I still hope for some entertainment.
Portimão is unbelievable.. Was there last year and I have never witnessed a track like it. Supposedly over €200 million gone into it, and I would well believe it. Anyone considering it, go for it!
Its a great track but unfortunately will suit the rubbish TDI's more than any other car which is annoying
Quote from aobrien :Portimão is unbelievable.. Was there last year and I have never witnessed a track like it. Supposedly over €200 million gone into it, and I would well believe it. Anyone considering it, go for it!

Yea I'm going to watch the 1000km of Portimao this Summer
I heard on the French WTCC coverage that Norbert Michelisz started his carreer as a simracer, and was detected by Seat on some kind of online contest. Searched a bit about him on the internet, didn't find anything about his career start. Perhaps some of you guys have more precisions about that? :o
Yeah he did. Played GTR2 and Race07 mainly as fas as I know. Also, raced against Norbi Kiss in 2008 in the Seat Cup here in Hungary, but Norbi Kiss became the champion.
He was luckier getting sponsors, etc...
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yeah he did. Played GTR2 and Race07 mainly as fas as I know. Also, raced against Norbi Kiss in 2008 in the Seat Cup here in Hungary, but Norbi Kiss became the champion.
He was luckier getting sponsors, etc...

TBH Norbert showed some pace so far, although being slightly unconsistant, so who knows, if Norbi's already beaten him, he could perhaps also do well if he ever gets his chance in WTCC

Anyway, it's rather nice to see some people doing the move between simracing and real life racing, sometimes even at an international level
He should work on his starts.

IIRC, he started from the front row twice already but failed at the start and was outside of the Top 10 after T1 in both cases.
Quote from zeugnimod :He should work on his starts.

IIRC, he started from the front row twice already but failed at the start and was outside of the Top 10 after T1 in both cases.

True. But he did better at Portimao last week-end. He took the lead at T1 from 2nd place on the grid in race 2, before being struck by technical problems.
Quote from zeugnimod :He should work on his starts.

Yes, first time the car stalled, second time revs were too high and the fronts spinned way too much. Portimao start was great.

Just wait and watch.. I'm sure he'll show us some great stuff.
Freddy Barth was taking the p a bit in race 1, his blatant take out of Colin Turkington was uncalled for
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :TBH Norbert showed some pace so far, although being slightly unconsistant, so who knows, if Norbi's already beaten him, he could perhaps also do well if he ever gets his chance in WTCC

Anyway, it's rather nice to see some people doing the move between simracing and real life racing, sometimes even at an international level

Michelisz is so fast over one lap in quallifying etc but isn't that consistant. Norbi beat him to the Hungarian Seat Championship in 07 iirc. There is many drivers who are better than him that aren't in WTCC. He done Seat Supercopa(Spain) and Eurocup last year and he only got 3rd in championship in Spain down to pure luck. Marc Carol, Oscar Nogues and Eoin Murray were better than him all year in Supercopa imo.
I see that Darryl O'Young has won Race 10 in the Independent category. That's a very good result for the Bamboo Racing guys, I haven't watched the race yet but it's good to see a fellow Chinese driver do well Hope he can keep that momentum and maybe give Hernandez a run for the Indie champ
Quote from lizardfolk :I see that Darryl O'Young has won Race 10 in the Independent category. That's a very good result for the Bamboo Racing guys, I haven't watched the race yet but it's good to see a fellow Chinese driver do well Hope he can keep that momentum and maybe give Hernandez a run for the Indie champ

Well, Turkington had the pace to win, but he got punted off at lap 1. He still showed some skills afterwards, and passed the whole independant class field to take 2nd, just behind O'Young

Fia WTCC 2010
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG