The online racing simulator
Fia WTCC 2010
(127 posts, started )
Also Turkington would have been much quicker if FIA didnt slap 40kg on his car after practice
Quote from trebor901 :Also Turkington would have been much quicker if FIA didnt slap 40kg on his car after practice

Really? Didn't know about it. Why was that? I thought the new entrant rule gives you 30kg only.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Really? Didn't know about it. Why was that? I thought the new entrant rule gives you 30kg only.

first that rule was liftet for him because he was a multi-round new entrant... but after practice they moved 40 kg in... great move to keep him out of the battle for front running positions as he was last year (?) in Brands Hatch.
Quote from TFalke55 :first that rule was liftet for him because he was a multi-round new entrant... but after practice they moved 40 kg in... great move to keep him out of the battle for front running positions as he was last year (?) in Brands Hatch.

This is ridiculous. So basically they gave him ballast just because they were affraid if seeing him being part of the battle for the podium positions at Portimao without doing the whole season?

I guess this wouldn't have been fair either to leave him unballasted as most of the top guys have tens of kg... But still... There's no rule saying that the organisers are allowed to give someone 40 kg the day before the races, just because they feel like doing so.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Well, Turkington had the pace to win, but he got punted off at lap 1. He still showed some skills afterwards, and passed the whole independant class field to take 2nd, just behind O'Young

Yeah, it's still good to see O'Young avoid back luck this time. I mean in the previous round of race 1 O'Young had good pace as well but was punted off my Nykjaer.

He didnt have Turkington's pace, but it's good to see that he still has the indie front runner's pace and that it's finally paid off this time. We'll see if this can be maintained.

But Turkington's absolutely flying no doubt
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :This is ridiculous. So basically they gave him ballast just because they were affraid if seeing him being part of the battle for the podium positions at Portimao without doing the whole season?

I guess this wouldn't have been fair either to leave him unballasted as most of the top guys have tens of kg... But still... There's no rule saying that the organisers are allowed to give someone 40 kg the day before the races, just because they feel like doing so.

I guess I know what could have happened. The organisers lifted the rule, but FIA refused this. And if the car was too light for its type it easily could be 40kg... just a guess built on sand.

But do you understand the following?
http://www.fiawtcc.com/html/up ... PDF/SD.6.201074205223.pdf

apart of the fine, it's double dutch for me
At least they are trying. Nice from them. Hopefully I can already follow full weekend this time, the last two races I was out...

Just out of the curiosity, anyone would be intersted in making an LFS meet in let's say Race07? And maybe get some fun from simulated WTCC races?
Quote from Mysho :At least they are trying. Nice from them. Hopefully I can already follow full weekend this time, the last two races I was out...

Just out of the curiosity, anyone would be intersted in making an LFS meet in let's say Race07? And maybe get some fun from simulated WTCC races?

Yeah I would if I find the disc :P
I use to have Race 07 but I can't find my disc anymore however I still have rFactor and there's a RACE 07 conversion mod for rFactor
Quote from lizardfolk :I use to have Race 07 but I can't find my disc anymore however I still have rFactor and there's a RACE 07 conversion mod for rFactor

Yeah I have that which is good I can send the mod to a few people and maybe we have a race some night. I know two others will join, Kristi and n-murray as the three of us play Oschersleben in WTCC alot on the mod!
Quote from aobrien :Yeah I have that which is good I can send the mod to a few people and maybe we have a race some night. I know two others will join, Kristi and n-murray as the three of us play Oschersleben in WTCC alot on the mod!

Yup, say what you want about rFactor overall. Some mods are absolutely fantastic imho.

If you can somehow zip and upload that mod that would be appreciated andy I'm definitely interested in having a few LFS meets in rFactor WTCC

EDIT: NVM, I found it through a quick google seach...is this it? http://www.virtualr.net/race-x-125-released/
Yeah why not, I don't have that mod but I have no problem with installing it. Just to make sure we all have the same mod, but I doubt there are some others to download. Would be nice if we would be at least 10, though. I think I can borrow 3-4 people.
Install the mod I know my team mte, Kristi might be able to host a server. I will ask
Meh, i would like to join but the download links dont work for me, or the dont work anymore..
I will try .zip it.
good
We have them, simple google search.
BMW ran an illegible car according to Touringcartimes, didn't know that wasn't allowed.

Fia WTCC 2010
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG