The online racing simulator
How much bandwidth do you spend?
(58 posts, started )
2mb/s = 20mbit connection wouldn't it (please correct if I'm wrong)
Quote from Xaid0n :2mb/s = 20mbit connection wouldn't it (please correct if I'm wrong)

I refer it in MBits/per second. So when i say 2mb/s, that's 200 kbytes per second in download terms..
No limites here, the only crap is the upload speed, we have all the Isp with a limited upload of 25kb/s, you need to pay a huge amount of money if you wanna have the same equal of upload speed as the download speed
Quote from Boris Lozac :I refer it in MBits/per second. So when i say 2mb/s, that's 200 kbytes per second in download terms..

That's what I though, dan said 2mb/s (I presumed as a 20mbit line)... which is very impressive for a dongle

I'm on a 10MBit line but you will rarely see half that, typical ISPs, love ya money, but don't like giving out the speed advertised.
With Virgin Media, so it's hard not to hit their 'traffic shaping' criteria when downloading anything of substantial size...annoying when you really want to play Steam's new releases straight away!

How much does the usual FPS online shooter use say per hour? Usually that's the main use of my internet so, whatever an average of around 7 hours of online gaming a week is the bandwidth I use, with the general internet browsing.
#31 - STF
Quote from Boris Lozac :I pay it around 14 euros

So do I, it`s the regular price here (12-20).
We do have some ISPs charging 30e for a 10mbit line, but who`s gonna fall for that.
#32 - Jakg
Quote from Xaid0n :2mb/s = 20mbit connection wouldn't it (please correct if I'm wrong)

2 MB/s would be 16 MBIT. But Dan meant 2 MBIT, which is 256 KB/s
Quote from Xaid0n :I'm on a 10MBit line but you will rarely see half that, typical ISPs, love ya money, but don't like giving out the speed advertised.

That's actually strange for me since I'm on GVT with 10mbit/s line and I usually get about 11mbit/s download speed (yes, more than advertised. Speedtest.net also confirms that, and they don't charge me more for it, and also don't have any download limits whatsoever)... I have once gotten 1.56MB/s download speed downloading a torrent (constant speed, from beginning to end of the download), but download speed for general internet browsing is usually around 1.36MB/s. I always get a bit better rates when downloading some files, though (like 1.45MB/s).

One day (recently) when I came back home Steam had downloaded a HL2 update, and "PEAK DOWNLOAD RATE" was showing 2MB/s. I don't know how, though, and when I noticed this the download had already finished.

(Upload speed is also higher than advertised.)
Several 100 gigs a month here. I love Virgin
#35 - arco
Quote from rc10racer :

Hmmmmm that's alot for this year, all that from linux iso's

Congrats, you're a true leecher!
Must be nice to not live in a 3rd world country when you are talking technology. If I want anything more than this, I have to take out a bank loan....

#37 - Zay
Mine is unlimited.
23G in february
14G in march
7G in april
10G in may

i can see it going down since i stopped being so much of a youtube whore.
Quote from bunder9999 :7G in april

lol, I used 7 gig in the last 90 mins . The thought of only using 7 gig in a month is mind boggling.
Unlimited bandwidth on Phone and home.

Average house usage = 150GB/Month
Average phone usage = 8-10GB/month

Movies and streaming are awesome.
Quote from Jakg :2 MB/s would be 16 MBIT. But Dan meant 2 MBIT, which is 256 KB/s

I'd say it's the correct answer... 8bits=1byte
down: 116 240.44 MB
up: 110 494.45 MB
total: 226 734.89 MB

edit: mine's unlimited too
Regular internet connections with bandwidth limits
I have 30GB a month on my uni network, even if I only leech one MByte more my net gets blocked till the next month (I normally use up to 26Gb of it, if I run some torrents). At home I dunno, max speed I get out of that line is around 380kbit/s (but shared between three PCs)

How can you use 100GB a month without the police knocking at your door and confiscating all your equipment
#45 - pipa
Quote from ACCAkut :How can you use 100GB a month without the police knocking at your door and confiscating all your equipment

Thats a silly one . Especially in times the net gets faster and the amount of services you do via internet is growing (games, HD videos, etc).

Normally around 20-30GB.
In the last 33 days:

Recieved bytes:795284641240 (740.6 GiB)
Sent bytes:1613030454408 (1.4 TiB)

A nice ~1:2 ratio. How peculiar!
how do i find out? my internet just doesn't load every now and again (wait a couple of mins, reload and it works) recently, which i'm guessing is down to me using internet too much lately, how do i check how much i've used?
in my case, my ISP provides a website accessable only from local network, where I can check how much I've transferred each day.

if you have no such service, you can measure it with some software like bwmeter or dumeter ( www.google.com )
edit: also it's possible that your router (if you have one) is capable to count in/out KB

How much bandwidth do you spend?
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG