The online racing simulator
Tyre logos custom set discussing
So. Many racers were changed standart set of tyre logos (torro-cromo-mich.-evostar) to custom. This is cool feature of last patch BUT! I think we need to discuss custom set, make it and put custom_set_texture to textures database thread (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8785). We need this one for compatibility of logos. You choose pirelli (for example) in your garage and I can see your pirelli choise in race. It is cool, isn't it? There will be only 2 sets this way. The standart set and the custom set. Only one problem here, we have only 4 places (or even 3, michelin already included) and more than 4 (3) brands. There are many brands:
- toyo
- pirelli
- kumho
- dunlop
- michelin
- hankook
- goodyear
- yokohama
- continental
- bridgestone
(maybe i miss something else)

I like all of this brands. But if i have to do it, i'll choose (mich.+bridg.+pirelli+yoko). What do you think?
You forgot Firestone... and, is Avon a tire company? I can't remember... lol

I'd be in favour of Michelin Bridgestone Dunlop Goodyear.

This is a good idea, but many have made this suggestion in the past, and it has never worked out.
#3 - Lible
I'd like mich.+bridg.+pirelli+yoko or mich.+bridg.+pirelli+dunlop
#4 - Gunn
I'm using Firestone, BF Goodrich, Goodyear(in yellow), and Michelin.
You forgot Kumho (Big F3 sponsors)
My alt tex pack has Dunlop, Goodyear, Yoko and Bridgestones.
#6 - Lible
I'll change my mind Goodyear is also one of my favorites... so i'll vote for Dunlop, Goodyear, Michelin and Bridgestones

EDIT: Changed Dunlob to Dunlop .
Dunlop, Goodyear, Michelin and Bridgestones

Good ol F1
Quote from Thorvertonian :Dunlop, Goodyear, Michelin and Bridgestones

+1

...or Al H.'s sidewalls with Dunlop, Bridgestone, Michelin, Yokohama. -thats the one im using.
Slightly edited though.
Dunlop, Goodyear, Michelin and Bridgestones
I think the real solution here (unless Scawen gives us a whole lot more "slots" to work with) is to have texture "packs" depending on what cars you normally run. For instance, people who always drive the formula cars will probably want Pirelli, Kumho, Michelin, etc where people who prefer stock car racing would want Goodyear, Firestone, etc. Then maybe have one mixed pack with one manufacturer from each of the big series. This would also help to address the problem where the textures look good on the BF1, but "squashed" on the lower profile tires since the textures could be sized to better match the cars they will be used on.

Using this method you wouldn't be able to know what tire brand someone is using on their end, but you could probably please a lot more people because we wouldn't be limited to only four manufacturers.
Evostar!
#12 - Gunn
It's ok for me if people can't see the brands I'm using on my tyres. I'm just happy that LFS now has this feature.
I'd Say I'd go with the Bridgestone, and TOYO (who has driven on them knows why....hard to get in Latvia though )
How about hoosier?
stop posting your decisions ... annoying like hell

start a poll with known brands and 1 option of "other"... and lets vote pals
Quote from MoonForce :stop posting your decisions ... annoying like hell

start a poll with known brands and 1 option of "other"... and lets vote pals

Why would you post a poll? That woudl defeat the purpose of what this thread is trying to achieve.

There are many people that use different tire brand texture sets, and it would be nice if those "sets" had those specific combinations so people can choose easier. Because there is one file that controls the logos, and an average person cannot edit the file and be stuck with ones they may not want.

So someone could have Michelin, Bridgestone, etc etc... and others could desire to have Hankook, Avon, Dunlop, etc... Just different custom sets, and a list so people know exactly what they are getting.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG