The online racing simulator
Release of the new LFS Database
(69 posts, started )
Quote from bokoboko :Yeaaaahhh!!! finally database is back!!! Thanks guys!!!

Not really, this is a new one
#28 - Zay
Yes!!! Finally!
Great work guys, good job
The new lfsdatabase looks very nice
well done

maybe u can change the "Insims" Section to "Addons"
Quote from rockclan :

This to give something back to Birder/Colin Casey.

Lets get this straight, in no way do i want any money from you or anyone else, I did supply this in support of the LFS community, that was not the point of my post.

My point was that there was nothing on the site to say my team, ConeDodgers [CD] had even helped you in any way.

and Bose you simply missed saying thanks on the site, nothing else

Regards
Quote from Bose321 :We didn't steal the idea. Lible does not have the old database, he wanted to make a new one, so he has not the old one.

I'm not really sure what you mean by the word database, but I have all of the files from the old database, though admittedly some of them are unusable.

Quote from rockclan :
1.2 Flame didn't do anything to this database, so ofcourse he won't be mentioned.

Jason meant that the revival was Flame's idea

Quote from rockclan :2. Lible also offers help, but starts a flamewar together with Flame against us, on how WE should do it, since I had payed for everything untill then. I just kindly told them I didn't need their help, since in the meantime Bose321 already offered help on a way I liked it to be.

Quote from Bose321 :When I was working on this, I showed it to Flame and lible, Flame was prepared to help me, but lible suddenly wanted to make it his, and I asked him to help me, but he wanted to do it himself, so ask him.

Kindly told he didn't need our help and then we were shown the site and suggested many things. I wanted to start a project under my under control, because I didn't want to do this under the command of rockclan who does it only for 'fame'. I wanted to have the hosting under my own control to avoid what happened with the old site happening again. I created a new project and initially Bose was also in the team. But after a very short time, I realized that he doesn't have anything to contribute to the site. He doesn't have any experience or skills.

Quote from rockclan :2.1 Lible and Flame threathen us to start their own DB, if we won't let them help.

As was said earlier, we both started helping you.

Quote from rockclan :2.2 We don't like this kind of behaviour and tell them to do what ever they think is right.

Stop lying, you didn't say that, in fact you said nothing like it.

Quote from rockclan :3. Birder offers us a better bandwith and more diskspace, this is wonderful.

Which turns you from the person who supplies the domain and hosting into a person who does nothing on the site.

Sorry for all the quotes, did it to make it more easy to read.
FlameCZE would've helped you guys more then you think.
Quote from rockclan :I will explain you this:

1. Flame was coming with a Poll about reviving LFS Database.
I thought, yes this is a nice idea lets do this.
So then I bought hosting and a domain (www.lfsdatabase.net) for 24€

This is already where it went wrong if you ask me.

It was Flame's idea to revive it so he should be the one who decides what and how it is done.

Basically, you "stole" his idea.

IMO.
He asked if the database should come back, and he would like it.

It's back. Problem solved.
Quote from Bose321 :He asked if the database should come back, and he would like it.

It's back. Problem solved.

This sounds different.
Yap. Well, rockclan was faster then him, so blame him, I just made a site for rockclan.
Hmm, perhaps this would be better resolved if the LFS devs had an official database, or linked to an official database as they do with the manual and forums.
Quote from Mango Juice :Hmm, perhaps this would be better resolved if the LFS devs had an official database, or linked to an official database as they do with the manual and forums.

Well, I think devs wanted to keep LFS as it is, so they did not took up any databases
Quote from zeugnimod :This sounds different.

Exactly how I see it. And, "He was faster..." is not an excuse. You stole the idea so others have every right to be pissed off.
Quote from DevilDare :Exactly how I see it. And, "He was faster..." is not an excuse. You stole the idea so others have every right to be pissed off.

But this is the life, if you are not fast, you cant win...

Well, I understand about this case, but life is racing...
Come on guys stop all the crap, who cares. In my town we have 9 supermarkets and the customers choose which one they use.

Its the same in LFS for servers so why not for a LFSDatabase

If someone wants to do another, then so be it, the users will decide which is best and which they use.

Bose and Rocklan: imho i think charging anything will be an anti-use system as will advertising different levels but its up to you, its your site and just like the devs you do what you want

but please please stop the flame wars, it does no good.
Quote from birder :Come on guys stop all the crap, who cares. In my town we have 9 supermarkets and the customers choose which one they use.

Its the same in LFS for servers so why not for a LFSDatabase

If someone wants to do another, then so be it, the users will decide which is best and which they use.

Competition is always best. As Intrepid would say, it stops someone having a monopoly.
To be honest, I do not find the forum necessary.

I like it the way it was before, in the old LFSDatabase. Whine about my post as much as you want, I don't give the hell about it.
Quote from hp999 :To be honest, I do not find the forum necessary.

I like it the way it was before, in the old LFSDatabase. Whine about my post as much as you want, I don't give the hell about it.

Then don't use it. Simple.

I agree with the people above, there should be competition.
Sorry, but I liked the old database much better. The website was also better before, but it's nice that someone is at least doing something. It will probably improve in future, but now it looks a bit poor.

That is just my opinion. And don't worry, I won't use it if I don't want, so you don't have to tell that to me. I actually barely ever used the previous one, so I doubt this will be used more frequently by me.

Good luck, anyway. I'll check it out once in a while to see how you are improving.
Damn, that's quite a lot of drama for one single database, eh?
It is a competitive world our there and sadly it is rarely the one who has the idea who profit from it....

I think as community members we should always be grateful to the ppls willing to organize and create things for us, so thx for the hard work guys!

That said I do agree with Birder, an lfs community site should not have any kind of commercial system, of course donations are always welcome, but should not be required...
Quote from Framaris :It is a competitive world our there and sadly it is rarely the one who has the idea who profit from it....

I think as community members we should always be grateful to the ppls willing to organize and create things for us, so thx for the hard work guys!

That said I do agree with Birder, an lfs community site should not have any kind of commercial system, of course donations are always welcome, but should not be required...

Thanks for your honest opinion.

The thing is nobody is required to donate anything. But if you want to have exclusive things as unlimited upload, no need for approval, and other things. You just need to pay 1€.

Since other uploads can easily take up to 3 or more hours to be approved, since the website is something we don't concentrate all day on. We also got personal lives.

So the option is only there if you want to have everything you made directly public, and also the option to do multiple uploads at the same time.
Rocky's Blackwood Texture Pack
Hey Guys,

At the moment I'm working on a texture pack for Blackwood.
Once it will be finished it will ofcourse be uploaded to LFS Database.

Here are some sneak previews:
(Please keep in mind that these textures are not finished yet)
Attached images
Preview1.jpg
Preview2.jpg
Preview3.jpg
Preview4.jpg
Alltho I like it, I think it's too dark and.. plain No offence, I just mean that it might should have some cracks here and there, to make it more "lively", you understand? (I am horrible at describing things)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG