The online racing simulator
Release of the new LFS Database
(69 posts, started )
Release of the new LFS Database
Announcing LFS Database

After alot of work from many individuals I on behalf of many am very happy to announce the new LFS Database.

Within the database you have a vast range of choice from downloads which include textures, sounds, skins and much more. We have also included a forum. May you find a specific category missing, please tell us.

Some content is already uploaded by the creators themselves, so the website won't start empty.

We do not allow uploading of .VOB mods. If you upload a .VOB mod, it will not be approved. You will be issued a warning and any further attempts will result in your account being disabled.

Every upload first needs approvement from one of the moderators.

Some of the beta testers will be a given the special member rank. Being a special member means that you have these exclusive things:

- No need for approval of upload
- Multiple/Mass upload and download

Are you not a beta tester, but you still want to have these exlusive advantages? Don't worry, we have the option to buy Pro membership, so you can have these advantages, in the exchange of a simple €1 each year.

There has been alot of effort,time and money put into the revival of LFS Databse so we ask you to take the time out and have a look around, upload your works, and become a Pro member if possible.

We are happy to bring LFS Database back to all of you, and hope you guys enjoy using it!\

www.lfsdatabase.eu
-
(Hahmo) DELETED by Hahmo
Looks ok I guess. See how it gets on. But, well done.
#3 - Hahmo
Great, great, great!
Who likes the logo huh? haha jokes,, Delighted its back up
Cool bose! I'll be using this place for sure
Thanks Tomba, I'll PM you about something.
#7 - M0rV
New site looks a bit wired for meh but i happy lfsdb is back.

BTW:

You should fix that i think.
Yes I found that. Going to be fixed soon.
Well done Guys

Does seem a bit strange that i supplied and paid for the domain and web hosting, Yet ConeDodgers, CD or myself dont even get a thank you, . pro membership, kiss your arse or anything.

Never mind, that's how the modern world is.

Now in my day...................................................

Best of luck
Because none of you have registered, and then it is hard to make you a pro/special member.

And I've thanked you several times, you know that. I'm really grateful that you do this for us. Really. Thanks alot.

If you register I'll make you a special member if you want.
-
(Stiggie) DELETED by Stiggie
I think it would be nice if there would be more subcategories. It will be easier to find what you are looking for in future, when site will be full of textures of all kind.
nice work registering now
ill also be uploading a layout or two
The site looks really good, I think I'll upload something when I'll get back to my computer. One suggestion though, I think the sub categories should be arranged something like this
BF1 - FXR (2)
FBM - FZ5 (3)
FO8 - FZR (1)
FOX - ...
FXO (1)
Looks good
Nice effort, grats
Nice one guys. I may sign up there.
Quote from Bose321 :There has been alot of effort,time and money put into the revival of LFS Databse

A lot of time: About a week and a half
A lot of effort: Install a CMS plus theme/plugins, set a few options and create some categories.
And what's more, they want money for their "huge" effort while having their site on a donated server.

I also find it a big strange that uploaders are the ones who benefit from the pro membership the most. Shouldn't the people who create the content get it for free and the freeloaders pay?

And finally the thing you've all been waiting for, my shameless plug.
The old lfs-database (note the difference to the 'new LFS Database') will be coming back later in the year with a brand new content system. We are not focusing on taking away your hard-earned one euro to make uploading files easier and neither are we going to have a new lfs community besides that on lfsforum. Our goal will be to offer hosting to all lfs modders and making browsing files easier than it is on lfsforum.
Right so flame who's original idea this was, birder who pays for it etc, lible who has the original lfs database get no mentions, but the people who stole the ideas of other people want our money.... OK, but no thanks
Whatever you think. There has been more time and effort then you might think. If you're too ignorant to understand this, stay away and stop whining.
Quote from Lible :
And what's more, they want money for their "huge" effort while having their site on a donated server.

And yes we ask money in form of a donation, or for pro membership.

This to give something back to Birder/Colin Casey.
We don't ask for your money, it's just that if you don't wait to wait for approval of your files, you pay €1. If you complain about a freaking euro, and say it's your well earned money, you must get a proper job, if you think 1 euro is alot, please get a real job, don't buy pro membership and stop whining.

We didn't steal the idea. Lible does not have the old database, he wanted to make a new one, so he has not the old one.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Right so flame who's original idea this was, birder who pays for it etc, lible who has the original lfs database get no mentions, but the people who stole the ideas of other people want our money.... OK, but no thanks

I will explain you this:

1. Flame was coming with a Poll about reviving LFS Database.
I thought, yes this is a nice idea lets do this.
So then I bought hosting and a domain (www.lfsdatabase.net) for 24€

1.1 Flame offered us help, in a way which would not be good (making a HTML website or making a website yourself.)

1.2 Flame didn't do anything to this database, so ofcourse he won't be mentioned.

2. Lible also offers help, but starts a flamewar together with Flame against us, on how WE should do it, since I had payed for everything untill then. I just kindly told them I didn't need their help, since in the meantime Bose321 already offered help on a way I liked it to be.

2.1 Lible and Flame threathen us to start their own DB, if we won't let them help.

2.2 We don't like this kind of behaviour and tell them to do what ever they think is right.

3. Birder offers us a better bandwith and more diskspace, this is wonderful.

3.1 Birder/Colin Casey is now mentioned on the website.
Like I have said in the other thread... Arguments are inevitable on this one...

You should of all come up something together...
Like I said before,

When I was working on this, I showed it to Flame and lible, Flame was prepared to help me, but lible suddenly wanted to make it his, and I asked him to help me, but he wanted to do it himself, so ask him.
Yeaaaahhh!!! finally database is back!!! Thanks guys!!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG