The online racing simulator
New cruise server is released
(46 posts, started )
Quote :Maybe because they all have crappy physics that makes you feel like driving your son's toy car?

Honestly, what are you talking about?! GTA IV Has bad physics? GTA IV has perfect physics for cruising!
If you don't know, don't tell! There are some of games that already has 100 times better physics than LFS, and they are designed to cruise. GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV, and other games. People, please stop talking wrong things if you don't know what to say.

In my opinion, all cruise server must be closed. Period! This is racing game, not life simulator.
Diego, a cruise server admin?? :S

Isn't that like the Presidential status being given to a downer?
Quote from Maniek007 :Honestly, what are you talking about?! GTA IV Has bad physics? GTA IV has perfect physics for cruising!
If you don't know, don't tell! There are some of games that already has 100 times better physics than LFS, and they are designed to cruise. GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV, and other games. People, please stop talking wrong things if you don't know what to say.

Can you use a gaming wheel for any of them games?
Quote :Can you use a gaming wheel for any of them games?

Yes. It's possible to use wheel on GTA IV for example, or pad.

Input Emulator then GTA games will support wheel. There are some of games to cruise that you are driving ONLY a car, you can't get out, and you are in free mode.

Example? TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED, FUEL
Quote from Maniek007 :Yes. It's possible to use wheel on GTA IV for example, or pad.

Oh I cant get mine to work
But still what is with the hate of cruise servers?
Refer to my post above.
Quote :Oh I cant get mine to work
But still what is with the hate of cruise servers?
Refer to my post above.

Is it normal to play "life" on RACING track? O_o Is it normal to use RACING SIMULATOR, to play real life? Is it normal to use Racing Cars to cruise? Is it normal to cruise without city lights, and other things/ repleace them by some red and white walls, and things used ON RACING TRACKS ONLY? NO! This is main reasons.. But the main is- Why use OFFICIAL RACING SIMULATOR TO CRUISE..? LFS Physics are sometimes horrible (bouncing from objects, like White, and Red Walls), sometimes awesome (Car Physics). I love LFS because it's "Realistic" game wthout crashing, because you can met some good players, and because of some things that are in LFS and not in other RACING games...

Wanna cruise with wheel? PLAY TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED, FUEL!
Quote from Maniek007 : I love LFS because it's "Realistic" game wthout crashing, because you can met some good players,

Thank you for that quote, please refer to my previous post(again) then come back to this post, read it, then think a little.
Hopefully by then you will have realized that you are making a fuss for nothing and just being a troll.
Thank you
When I see cruising and cops & robbers in rFactor, Racer, iRacing, nKP, RACE, TOCA, GPL, GTR, NASCAR and so forth, I might feel cruising in LFS isn't such a misplaced aspect.
Of course mate. Sorry for that.

Really, i will just ignore this servers >_> thanks for advice.
Quote from Maniek007 :Honestly, what are you talking about?! GTA IV Has bad physics? GTA IV has perfect physics for cruising!

In my opinion, all cruise server must be closed. Period! This is racing game, not life simulator.

You gotta be kidding me. GTA has perfect physics? C'mon. I've played them all, and they're fun, but FAR away from LFS, GTR2 or rFactor, when it comes to physics.

It's not a crime to want to cruise with good physics. And, for your information, I'm on LFS for racing, but I do cruise sometimes (speeding all the time, of course ). I just don't understand radical points of view. If you don't like cruise servers, just don't use them, what's the problem with this?
If people like to cruise, let them cruise.

They aren't a nuisance.

(As long as they don't try to race )
Excellent

Another Flame-war against cruise servers
#38 - VoiD
yep..

personally I don´t care about cruising...let the kids play their games
Quote from Maniek007 :Yes. It's possible to use wheel on GTA IV for example, or pad.

Input Emulator then GTA games will support wheel. There are some of games to cruise that you are driving ONLY a car, you can't get out, and you are in free mode.

Example? TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED, FUEL

A very basic example: Games like GTA IV and TDU don't run on my laptop, while LFS does. What is your problem? You don't want people to play the game in the way they like to? Come on, you can't be serious...

In fact, all of the aspects of LFS are great. Racing, drifting, cruising, (well, I personally get bored of dragging quite fast, but it's yet funny when you're competing with friends), offroad, offtrack, or whatever more there is. It's all great fun if it's made like it should be.

This is like criticizing someone's food taste. I, for example, don't like mushrooms. I don't like them in my pizza; I don't like them filled with cheese for example. I don't like them at all. But yet, I'm not like "WTF, why are you people eating mushrooms... they taste like s..t!"..

@VoiD: How does a reply like that make YOU mature?

Do you guys know what's cool in cruising? The same that's cool in racing. That's just one word. It spells F-U-N. Do you people still remember that word? When was the last time you've had fun? It sure seems to be like a long long time ago. At least from the look of it.
#40 - AMB
Quote from Inouva :EXELENT

Another Flame war against cruise server[/CENTER]

+1

but -1 to spelling.

Die ( @ Server )
@Diego: Good luck with the server.

Quote from Maniek007 :Can i ask- what is Cruise? This is something like RolePlay (city, etc?).

I've not been to all the cruise servers, but in most of them you'll have to start with the UF1/XFG/XRG (UF1/XFG most likely).

You drive around the tracks to gain virtual cash, with which you can buy other cars.

Some server are based on the cops and robbers format, whist others have Cops (Police, Cadets, Officers or whatever you call them) who will chase you and fine you (if they catch you) for breaking the law.

In some servers there are stuff like jobs/banks/shops.

For some its a break from hours of white knuckle close racing action.

Its not all about driving at the speed limit. Its not all about hair raising police chases. But its all part of the "cruise" package.

Different servers have adopted their own set of rules and fuctions and what not...

If you have tried a certain cruise server, you'll know they have their own online hotlap chart. Fighting their way into the top 10 in any car/track is quite a feat when you have to make your way past traffic and dodging barriers and keeping your speedup. Some say it aint the best thing to have in a 'cruise' server, but hey, its a perk.

Quote from Scawen :
To me, cruise is simply a special mode that allows people to make their own game using our simulator. In no way have I written anything that influences cruise servers - the programmers of cruise type systems do it all themselves using the InSim interface.

Quote from JasonJ :Not all cruise servers reward you for driving slow. Always hearing that old horse getting beaten as if ALL cruise servers want you to drive at the speed limit. We just got the speed limit to give a REASON to initiate a fun chase. It's a suggest limit so if you break it you got no reason to complain if you crash out and lose big money. Go fast if you want, if you hit a slower car then it's your fault for not being a good enough driver to miss them. So you should take the blame for your own mistake. I think some peoples idea of what speed limits are for. Rules are MEANT to be be broken attitude, but if your busted, well, that's your own fault....

Quote from Timdpr :
It can be a lot like rallying. You aren't against anyone on track, but with the right car you are right on the edge, a small mistake and you'll fly 50 miles into the air. Go to LTC, rent a FOX and race round the track! It is very exciting! Plus find the right people, and you can have great races!

Even though you can't do anything really exciting with it except buy cars, you gain money, which (this sounds really stupid) feels nice. You are getting a reward for your efforts.

If you know the right people, you can have great police chases, like the ones that used to go on in CnR servers! I have had some great ones, making me feel like AtTilA08, shaking, adrenaline coursing through my body, something that very few races do!

It's all about knowing the right people, and having friends like you, people that want good chases and races! But that can be hard, as I said, I agree completely with Zen321's post. I'm a racer at heart!

---

Quote from Maniek007 :GTA IV has perfect physics for cruising!
If you don't know, don't tell!

I have tried GTA, TDU, rFactor, GTR2, GTL, iRacing etc. But I've sticked to LFS because I like the overall package. The racing + cruise. As you might have read above, not all "cruise" servers are about roleplay, cops and robbers or driving under the speedlimit.

Quote from Maniek007 :In my opinion, all cruise server must be closed. Period! This is racing game, not life simulator.

Quote from Scawen :If you don't like cruise servers, set "Cruise" option to "NO" in the list of hosts. One click and all your worries are solved. Now please stop having this silly argument.

---

Quote from Eno88 :Would someone remind me why racers hate cruisers? I still don't get this petty war.

Quote from SamH :They don't.

You're confusing "racers" with "mouthy idiots who happen to race".

Racers don't give a damn if people enjoy cruising. Idiots are a different story.

Quote from AMB :+1

but -1 to spelling.

Die ( @ Server )

I`be fixed the problem.
#43 - AMB
Quote from Inouva :I`be fixed the problem.

Thanks dude

did you use translator or something to correct it?
Quote from SF-Turdtron :server is either offline, or i just cant find it..PWNT.

Yep we moving to a better server with better connection and while we are at that we are adding even more stuff to insim so we delayed our release date instead...
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :My point is that there's basically no point to create 3 different threads to promote the development of one single cruise server. If he wants to get some advertising, ok fine, why not creating one... But three in less than one month? Sorry but this sounds a bit silly to me. If he has an update to share, he's still free to bump is old thread after all

Seems like it's currently back up, had no problem joining it.

i been dreaming to start a cruise server since i started going to WS. I dont care how many cruise servers are out there but people like new servers they dont like being in one server for years. We have combined so many things together and make a nice cruise server. We at this moment im typing this are actually adding even more stuff!

I think your 100% wrong. Thats your opinion but hundreds of people in LFS love to play LFS and setup there own car and make there skins and on other games i really dont know one game in which you can customize your car yourself from your computer then cruise with it....

New cruise server is released
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG