The online racing simulator
Portal is Free!
(93 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :If you take it at face value (Portal based puzzle game...) then during the first few levels with a single portal it sux balls.

if you listen to the developer commentary its clear that some of those were nescessary to get the game principle across to ame... thick people

like the one very early on in an l shaped room with 2 pits you cant cross without the portals and youve only got the ability to open one
actually one of the guys in an irc channel i was in at the time took quite a while to figure out that the portals arent one way which the level is all about so those early levels do serve a genuine purpose for some
#77 - Jakg
I actually found the single-portal levels the hardest simply because you have no freedom versus the rest of it.
#78 - troy
If you've finished the main story I would recommend getting the portal flash mappack, it's good fun and a little tougher then the original (I'm somewhere in the middle right now and quite stuck).

http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com/

edit: Oh just saw this "*Requires Steam with Half-Life 2 and Portal installed in order to play."
PORTAL PRELUDE IS SO F*CKIN HARD!!

i cant get past the first level where you have to try to get up on a platform with the blue portal on the floor....am i stuck there for no good reason or cause i cant get the portal right where it needs to be, or am i retarded, or never going to do good on the rest. :gnasher:
Quote from logitekg25 :PORTAL PRELUDE IS SO F*CKIN HARD!!

i cant get past the first level where you have to try to get up on a platform with the blue portal on the floor....am i stuck there for no good reason or cause i cant get the portal right where it needs to be, or am i retarded, or never going to do good on the rest. :gnasher:

Keep trying... Portal Prelude is 101% luck based.
Also, it's insanity.
i hate luck games, i would rather a game with thought being the main thing.
reg. portal was good, just a little bit too easy, and i mean a little.

is this mod not for me?
Well it still requires thought, but if you get it, you need luck to pull it off, if you get what I mean.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I should just put you all on ignore right now.

i have a sneaking suspicion that they all were too stupid to grasp that the fire scene isnt the end of the game
Quote from Shotglass :i have a sneaking suspicion that they all were too stupid to grasp that the fire scene isnt the end of the game

#86 - Vain
I discovered I downloaded and finished Portal on my wrong Steam account the other day. Didnt really bother me though, as that meant I could finish it again once more.
So yeah guys.

You should thank Mac users for the free Portal.

I'll accept the thanks in lieu of the absent ones.

Without us, you'd be stuck either with the "First slice" demo, or *gasp* BUYING IT!.
So how DO you fire the second portal?
Quote from Crashgate3 :So how DO you fire the second portal?

You don't.

(In all truthfulness... Trackpad has 2 "buttons", I personally use either a G5, MX518 or a Magic Mouse when gaming.)
anyone else having problems with launching portal? says missing DLL or something similiar.

Portal is Free!
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG