The online racing simulator
Portal is Free!
(93 posts, started )
Portal is Free!
Awesome
played it, finished.
fun game
So.. it locks itself up on the 24th, unless I pay for it?

Or is it free, for life, if I get it by the 24th?

edit: lols, it's 5 gigs :faint2:
lol steam is overloaded

and i think it means it is free for good
It's probably a case of 'buy it before x date and it's free, after x date it's *price*', if there's any confusion. I think some iPod/Phone apps have done this before.
what is portal?
The best game Valve has ever made.

Unfortunately, no one can be told what Portal is. You must see it for yourself.
downloading?

EDIT: do i need steam? dont feel like downloading it...i have an account though
Thanks for the info, I've wanted to play this game for a while.

(good speed from steam, fills my pipe, estimated dl time 1h, after 10minutes of dl) Time for bed.
Had it on PS3 and loved it. Is there community made DLC for portal, and how good is it?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :So.. it locks itself up on the 24th, unless I pay for it?

Or is it free, for life, if I get it by the 24th?

edit: lols, it's 5 gigs :faint2:

It's free to add it to your account until the 24th. After the 24th it goes back to it's regular price. Obviously once it's part of your account, it stays there permanently.
free for the cheap price of selling your soul to steam
Quote from NotAnIllusion :edit: lols, it's 5 gigs :faint2:

But it's five gigs of awesome

Passo: not that I'm aware of, although a bunch of guys have combined it with Team Fortress to make it multiplayer. Youtube "Team Portress" for a video.
Quote from gtpsharky :But it's five gigs of awesome

I'm actually impressed, the download averaged around 550 kb/s, went conveniently alongside watching Rob Roy.. Going to have a go after F1 practices
Portal is still alive?
I understand they've changed the ending slightly in preparation for Portal 2, so worth playing through again (as if it's not worth it anyway).

Mmmm, cake.
Quote from Dajmin :I understand they've changed the ending slightly in preparation for Portal 2,

AHHHH! I thought something was different. And then I thought I just hadn't been paying attention 2 years ago.
There was a whole alternate reality game used to advertise Portal 2, it was amazing. It all concluded with that new ending and the announcement of the new game.
This video is priceless
Quote from ChiliFan :There was a whole alternate reality game used to advertise Portal 2, it was amazing. It all concluded with that new ending and the announcement of the new game.

It goes really deep! Valve absolutely love messing with people!

And as for that little video, CO-OP mode in Portal 2? Amazing!
Downloading!
I mean, why not, when it's free.
If you want, you can add me as a friend. usrnm: bloody511 EDIT: That is in Steam...
what i find funny is, this runs decent on my computer but CS source is unplayable even on lowest settings.

Portal is Free!
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG