The online racing simulator
xmotorracing
(42 posts, started )
xmotorracing
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has given this game a fair going over, looks like you can do your own modding.

http://www.xmotorracing.com/

Wondering if it worth a go
It's getting better with every update, maybe when they will finish multiplayer it will be worth these $50. Stupid thing is that demo version have most of cool things locked, demo should encourage people to buy the game...
#3 - Rolle
latest version 1.13 really gives some LFS-vibes when looking at the carlist

I tried the Doxster at D-park, and without the aids on,
and I almost always spun in the first lefthander downhill...

I'm slower than most racers but still.....

maybe that is correct, but then I'll never buy and drive a Boxster, ooops sorry,
Doxster....
I bought it, to support the guy, guess he needs more money now then when things will start working for them.

Anyways, I confirm that without the aids, driving is veeery difficult even in the low powered cars. Either other sims are cheating, or things have to be adjusted in that game.

Otherwise, there are some nice ideas there, but there's still lots of work.

A very good boost for them getting feedback from the LFS community.
Very bad game, bad physics, bad graphics, bad input control and user interface.. I don't think I have anything positive to say about it
Sorry, but it just doesn't do anything for me
Quote from RasmusL :Very bad game, bad physics, bad graphics, bad input control and user interface.. I don't think I have anything positive to say about it
Sorry, but it just doesn't do anything for me

c'mon man that's a bit harsh...it has better physics than all that arcade bling on the market...
Worth to try, not worth to buy.
Quote from kill_em_all :c'mon man that's a bit harsh.

Expecially that there is not to many driving simulators.
Thanks for the replies guys,
it maybe one of those wait and see type of games. I think I'll give it 6 months and try later on.
its quite fun...

i think your right to give the guy some time to work on it a bit more... it looks to me to be a rough diamond
Quote from kill_em_all :c'mon man that's a bit harsh...it has better physics than all that arcade bling on the market...

No really, I could not find the setting that made the steering work in a suitable way. It was unbearable to control the demo car I can't exactly say anything about its future, but he better work hard :bullwhip:
I tried the game until it crashed my system (10 minutes or so).

It could be something, the game is quite configurable already. It does remind my of LFS in the early days

The handling is pretty weird though. I found it hard to control the car. It's difficult to tell when the car's about to slip and nearly impossible to recover from it. The car was also unstable when I just cut the throttle.

Certainly worth to take a look at. I think it may be a nice simulator in the future. But it still needs work.
TBH from the videos I've seen it looks and sounds like he's trying to recreate NFS4 with harder driving dynamics.
Wrong section of the forum
He'd better to be our secret LFS developer.
Quote from Arni Arnason :I think he left after some dispute, read it on some forum ,but can´t remember where.

Here, although no details are provided
That game is the worst piece of junk I have ever played, that they dare to call it a simulator.

Bweg.
loos alright..how are the physics anyways nowadays?
Well i tryed the latest demo version and through it is still way off as far as physics and overal polish compared to lfs,gtr games and rfactor.
It does show through steady improvement over time whenever each new version comes out.

What i really like on this sim is the premise of driving normal cars instead of the usual open wheelers or extreme gtr cars.The 3d render engine is great too as it is a true dx9 shader based engine-though the tracks are very simple and unpolished with some ABYSMAL flatness as there are very little elevation changes and the sides of the track are basically flat....MORE complex terrain
and more trackside detail like grass/more random trees/more trackside objects/spectators would improve the game a lot.

i would recommend to everyone to at least try it and post his thoughts on the developer forums in racedepartment.The dev/s look as they honestly hear poeple thoughs and suggestions...

-Well to actually buy through i would wait for a few version updates and see what will be improved for the moment .If enough improvements are made than it will worth it buying and helping the dev/s.
when the physics improve to a drivable point i will start going
Its allright.
Physics is comparable to LFS S1 early something.

xmotorracing
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG