The online racing simulator
Drawing Distance of 0,0
(9 posts, started )
Drawing Distance of 0,0
Dear LFS Devs,

Today I wanted to take some screenshots for our new LFS Database project we are working on. (www.lfsdatabase.net)

When trying to take a nice screenshot at Westhill, I got shocked by the drawing distance of 0,0, it was just worthless, I couldn't even take a nice screenshot from the begin of the pitwall, since it didn't even draw the end of it.

Though I have a MSI Radeon HD 4850 videocard, and set everything to the max.

Now trying this on another track, being Fern Bay, the drawing distance was superb, it rendered everything. Coming back to Westhill it was like p**p again.

Here 2 screenshots to see the strange drawing distance. Scawen how is it possible, that my LFS renders almost nothing in Westhill, and renders all in Fern Bay?

Hoping to get some help with this, since this is odd.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Rocky
Attached images
Drawing Distance FernBay.jpg
Drawing Distance Westhill .jpg
Try to take the same shot on WE1 reversed, maybe it helps

EDIT: the bug only appears if you set cam height at 2.6 meters or less
Quote from Whiskey :Try to take the same shot on WE1 reversed, maybe it helps

EDIT: the bug only appears if you set cam height at 2.6 meters or less

Well, you can't go higher AFAIK, so it's all the time?
You can if you press V again.
In SHIFT+U mode, press TAB or V to allow the view to be set higher (up to 40 m).
Quote from matijapkc :But it's birds view, isn't it?

yes but if you hold right mouse and you can change the view angle, also can lowered same as the standard cam.

Whiskey's right its only 2.6m and lower that there is a problem. attached is one taken at a similar angle but with height at 3.0m, pit wall is fully displayed.
Attached images
lfs_00000030.jpg
Well I think that's an optimisation, not a bug to be honest.
I don't think so.
When you are driving you are below 2.6 meters and it's drawed, it wouldn't make sense to me if it's an optimisation

Drawing Distance of 0,0
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG