The online racing simulator
GTR Evolution - Anywhere I can get it from Ireland/UK?
Hi all! I just downloaded the demo yesterday and loved it. I went looking around to see about getting the full version but I can't find it anywhere. The only place I can find it is the US and I was kind of hoping for something closer. So any ideas? I tried the usual sites (Amazon.co.uk, Play.com, ebay.ie/.co.uk). Cheers!
Strange that they don't have it. Did u search on Steam? Or is that located in the US.
Is there any PC equipment store close to you? You can always try to order it from there...
I'm on a tight bandwidth limit (10 GB/Monthly) so it'll be as if buying the game twice (€25 for internet + €20 for GTR Evolution). I'd also prefer to have a physical copy so that I can install it without having to download it again if I need to format my PC or something.
Quote from Leprekaun :I'd also prefer to have a physical copy so that I can install it without having to download it again if I need to format my PC or something.

You can always burn it on something or make a copy on external HDD...
And as I said, try at your local PC equipment store.
thanks, I'll see about trying that but I don't think they'd have any PC games but I'll have a look
Quote from Leprekaun :thanks, I'll see about trying that but I don't think they'd have any PC games but I'll have a look

Well, they probably don't, but the sources from which they order their goods probably do...
I can order almost anything from my local PC equip store, of course, tech related.
Have you tried GAME, Gamestation and CEX websites? One of them should have it.
Yeah, I suppose having some patience doesn't hurt
1: Download from torrent site to "try before you buy"
2: Play it for a week and come to the conclusion that it's actually a sack of shit.
3: Remove from hard drive
4: Feel smug about the fact you've just saved 25 Euros.

Quote from The Moose :<"GTRE is shit" post>

I take it you presumed Evo was a sim. If you treat Evo as an arcade racer, it's actually rather good.
Quote from gtpsharky : arcade racer-------- rather good.

Does...not...compute.............djhfjgbfgbhkhjlkxdfldfhslfja;dhjkm:hbomb:
Quote from The Moose :1: Download from torrent site to "try before you buy"
2: Play it for a week and come to the conclusion that it's actually a sack of shit.
3: Remove from hard drive
4: Feel smug about the fact you've just saved 25 Euros.

Quote from gtpsharky :I take it you presumed Evo was a sim. If you treat Evo as an arcade racer, it's actually rather good.

Ehm... I take it you two need to get a separate thread. The one that gives out BJ's to LFS and bashes on any other game that's trying to get close to being realistic
Quote from squidhead :Ehm... I take it you two need to get a separate thread. The one that gives out BJ's to LFS and bashes on any other game that's trying to get close to being realistic

lol, you seem to have mistaken me for an LFS fanboy. I haven't even fired it up for longer than i care to remember.

You'll never catch me bashing on anything that tries to be realistic. That's why I hate GTR-E
Quote from squidhead :Ehm... I take it you two need to get a separate thread. The one that gives out BJ's to LFS and bashes on any other game that's trying to get close to being realistic

Why me? I'm not the one that said Evo is a pile of tripe...
#17 - senn
Steam sells Race07/GTR Evo.
OP: Do you by any chance have a local GAME? That's where I got my GTRE and Race ON from. Maybe also a CeX like someone else suggested, although that would depend on if anyone decides to sell it there.
@Lep: Play.com have it for..........

£35 (which includes race07)
Don't all copies of GTRE include Race07? I've yet to see one that hasn't got the little banner at the top of the box stating that.
Not 100% sure but I think some on eBay are sold seperately
Quote from TheAdmiester :Don't all copies of GTRE include Race07? I've yet to see one that hasn't got the little banner at the top of the box stating that.

I bought the DVD version of GTR Evo; it had the banner saying Race07 was included when in reality all that meant was I was able to (and had to) download Race07 off Steam free of charge.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG