The online racing simulator
Fia WTCC 2010
(127 posts, started )
Very typical race in Marrakech. Menus and Farfus cars with expensive damage, Yvan taking points and the safetycar is in the front almost every lap.
TBH I think that with Marrakech, because the access is so bad on the straights they should just red flag the race if someone crashes there and not waste 6 laps recovering a car.
Yup both races were a joke, should have red flagged, now in total like 5 racing laps over 2 races!? Quali wasn't much better!

Was the race director's first race at wtcc, imo should be his last too.
The SC coming out just after the lead car passed the pit exit was great comedy as well.

At least it didn't wreck another car this time.
I personally think that Marrakech (or at least the track) are a bad choice (porto too for that matter). The 2nd race was a joke, I think we had like 3 actual green flag laps which I blame the layout and track width for.

Why not Kyalami if they want a race in Africa...
Quote from three_jump :Why not Kyalami if they want a race in Africa...

because they don't want it to be so far away... it would bring another 3 week ship travel to south africa and the same back. Marrakech track is not the problem from my point of view... it is more that the marshalls and the track safety workers are uneducated about what you do with a car... e.g. there were some cranes which weren't used at all... they were more like decoration and it took them about 20 minutes to lift a car on a truck. WTCC should think of getting a proffessional track safety team which travels with them from race to race instead of hoping that some poor people from Africa, who, if they were lucky, saw the Dakar once, can do the same quality work the marshalls from European or American tracks, where approximately 100 races a year are. However what was race control on this weekend? Startcrash + knowing how fast the Marakeshi track workers are = red flag... no? Safety Car? What? The Safety Car gets a page for itself... though I just watched a DTM 1990 review, where such things happened 3 times in one season
Pssh... the smae weekend F2 race was happening in marrakech.. and guess what...
it ended with safety car on the track too...
i personally beleive, that marrakech's safety personal wasn't ready for that,
and WTCC safety car driver is slow... he missed the cars at race 1.
By the way in sutch not long races, like at WTCC, there shouldn't be a rolling start xP.
What a disappointing couple of races, lamest touring car race weekend I have seen yet. I thought FIA events where supposed to be high quality? V8 supercars and BTCC make this look very amateur, two laps wasted on a rolling start . Fair enough for the first race, the stuck car was in a hard to recover position, but I don't see why they had to load Menu's car onto a flat bed? It looked like there was a safe area there by the chicane. Maybe it just seems worse beacuse WTCC races are always so short. Oh well...next event.
Well, Monza this weekend.. Such a fast track it's awesome to watch.. Was there in 2008 with the WTCC and it is great to watch at that first chicane.. Hoping for some good racing..
This vid shows what WTCC was back in 2007... We'll see what's WTCC now, hopefully its entertainment isn't totally dead yet.
well done Menu for trying to take out one of the piece of crap SEAT's hopefully others will follow in his tracks and take out the other 5
WTF was Menu doing? Anyone being watching the support races too? There was alot of action in them :P
Bah, stupid Menu crashed Michelisz in T1, causing damage and he has been forced to pit to remove the damaged part. He also got puncture.

Though I'm quite happy with the BMW 1-2.
Tarquini should get a penalty for that jump-start.

Edit. Thank the lord! Was starting to think favouritism.
Cmon Nykjaer (spell fail, I know!) :P
Dammit I wanted Nykjaer to win.
A weekend full of disappointment, lots of very deflated drivers as well as tyres.

I think that it was hilarious
Is it only me or is Formula 2 really fun to watch?

I only saw race 2 but that race was very entertaining. Including a driver ignoring a black flag and causing trouble for the leaders.

And deko won again.
Seems interesting that BMW is thinking of pulling out of WTCC.

But according to this article there will be 4 new manufactures in WTCC by 2012....think anything will come out of it?....

http://www.cars-sale.co.cc/use ... 12-chinese-finale-mooted/

The most eye raising addition would be Geely as the Chinese manufacture....dont think they will have better luck than the Ladas but we'll see....I'm also skeptical is anything will come out of this...

Will this be good or bad for WTCC?

EDIT: Based on the article. 2012 WTCC could face: Chevy, Ford, Honda, Alfa Romeo, Lada, Volvo, and Geely. Now...that would be something....
Quote from lizardfolk :Seems interesting that BMW is thinking of pulling out of WTCC.

But according to this article there will be 4 new manufactures in WTCC by 2012....think anything will come out of it?....

The most eye raising addition would be Geely as the Chinese manufacture....dont think they will have better luck than the Ladas but we'll see....I'm also skeptical is anything will come out of this...

EDIT: Based on the article. 2012 WTCC could face: Chevy, Ford, Honda, Alfa Romeo, Lada, Volvo, and Geely. Now...that would be something....

Not surprising since BMW are doing DTM from 2012 (or even next year)

They'll still support independent entries I guess.
Quote from lizardfolk :Seems interesting that BMW is thinking of pulling out of WTCC.

The only ones i can realistically see entering out of them are Chevy, Honda and Volvo
Alfa would be nice too and that would be something really good imo, but Ford.. well, I don't think they'll find enough budget to start it somehow seriously... No words for Geely, that must be some kind of joke.
Brilliant news!

Fia WTCC 2010
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG