The online racing simulator
Fia WTCC 2010
(127 posts, started )
Nice race 1 for Chevy, was somehow surprised with Seat pace in race 2, too. It shows they've still got it. There's a huge space untill next race now. I find the points system weird, but that's only my opinion. All in all, these races are not anymore what they used to be, but I still think this is the best fia race series.

James Thompson will be back with his Honda on closely not specified circuits in Europe. Lada didn't find enough money to start this season, shame. Muller in Cruze looks competitive enough... And only 2 manu. BMWs, I so miss year 07 or so. Those were the races.
Quote from TFalke55 :The Mexican Event is cancelled because of the Mexican drug war...

That's cool, no more Turbo advantage for the Seats because of the height
Any idea when the Honda Accord team will show up? I kinda want some more variety of cars on the track
Quote from lizardfolk :Any idea when the Honda Accord team will show up? I kinda want some more variety of cars on the track

They didn't know (question of money & stuff), but they said they'll try to be ready for EU races - I personally think it will be the first race in Europe, which is held 23th of May @ Monza... I wouldn't mind if they're in @ Zandvoort, Brands Hatch and Brno as well, hopefully.
Quote from Mysho :They didn't know (question of money & stuff), but they said they'll try to be ready for EU races - I personally think it will be the first race in Europe, which is held 23th of May @ Monza... I wouldn't mind if they're in @ Zandvoort, Brands Hatch and Brno as well, hopefully.

Will they have Thomson again? I miss him so much
hmm Abu Dhabi and Suntul are also interested in hosting the subsitutive WTCC round... now we've got 3 contenders for this WTCC race:
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Will they have Thomson again? I miss him so much

Ye, of course, it's that old N-Technology team with unfortunately old Honda Accord.
Quote from Mysho :Ye, of course, it's that old N-Technology team with unfortunately old Honda Accord.

its not the old N-Tech team its Hartmann Honda which is a DTC team and their Honda's are very very quick compared to the old N-Technology ones which were 3 years old and originally used by JAS in 2005
Quote from trebor901 :its not the old N-Tech team its Hartmann Honda which is a DTC team and their Honda's are very very quick compared to the old N-Technology ones which were 3 years old and originally used by JAS in 2005

I must have misunderstood local commentator then as he was saying something like the team's gonna be back with old Honda and people from N-Technology. Looking forward anyway... James is a guarantee of fun factor even with Lada.
The races in Curitiba showed this will probably be a very competitive year... Even without the Ladas and most of the BMWs, WTCC is still a fun category to follow, especially if you have the opportunity to go to any of the events.
I'd bet on the Chevys for the titles...

During the race in Curitiba the announcer said something about a Latin American team entering WTCC in 2011... with an Argentinian and a Brazilian (most likely Cacá Bueno) as drivers...
Should be interesting... but I hope they don't just rent a BMW or a SEAT...

Did anybody hear any rumor about any other manufacturer joining in next year? (I think I read somewhere about some interest from WV... I'm really not sure though...)
Quote from bahilsom :Did anybody hear any rumor about any other manufacturer joining in next year? (I think I read somewhere about some interest from WV... I'm really not sure though...)

If you mean VW, they are already entered as SEAT belongs to VW. They have it sorted:

Rallye: Skoda and VW (in marathon rallyes), Suzuki* (lower categories)
Touringcars: Audi (DTM), Seat (Super 2000-style)
Sportcars: Porsche (GT2 + GT3), Lamborghini (GT1 + GT3)
Prototypes: Porsche* (LMP2 + DP), Audi (LMP1)
Truck Racing: MAN*, Scania

*=associated with VW but VW does not have 50,1% or more percent of the manufactor.

With the World Racing Engine there might be some more manufactors entering the WTCC, because the engine can be used in different series.
Yet again... A. Priaulx FOR THE WIN ! xP,
can't wait for the next weekend
(WTCC at Morocco WOOO !)
That is gonna be AWESOME !
It's been incredibly long time since the last race that I totally forgot to follow what's new, but I suppose it'd be nothing.
maybe the return of LADA for Monza, according to Macello Lotti it might happen.
Quote from TFalke55 :maybe the return of LADA for Monza, according to Macello Lotti it might happen.

I'd like that to happen, as the last season, they Tomphson sayed that he is
driving the car, just to make it better, and then next season it will be as good as
other cars...
but they quit... x[[
#44 - Vain
Why not? Just add 2mm² restrictors to the other cars and we should have awesome racing! Just like we always had before thanks to the equalization rules!

Vain
The Super2000 class could have been much better if they went the way of FIA GT1 with FIA driver's driving the cars before the season and make the ballance of performance. Local series could adopt it and the companies could make some money out of the consumer's sport.
Yes, because the GT1s were so awesomely balanced in R1 that they had to change every car again for round 2.
Quote from Gil07 :Yes, because the GT1s were so awesomely balanced in R1 that they had to change every car again for round 2.

... ok... GT1 was the wrong example... but it works in GT3 with the same way of balancing and it works there!
Don't jizz yourself mate.
Quote from DevilDare :Don't jizz yourself mate.

No, it's just a rare occasion you see stuff like this on the official WTCC site.

Fia WTCC 2010
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG