The online racing simulator
Any good games recently released that i missed?
mainly racing and fps is what im looking for.
lately ive only got my hands on just cause 2 and after finishing the story im looking for something new.
had a look, but didnt see anything which looked like "zomg must get".

any games that u can recommend?
Battlefield Bad Company 2, unless you've already got it

BioShock 2 - Looks good, I don't have it, but I enjoyed the original.

Assassin's Creed II - I've got this. I've completed it again and again. Story line is incedible.. graphics are astounding. Not very new though.

Darksiders - Good reviews, graphics look alright.

Red Dead Redemption - Looks pretty good! I assume it's similiar to Call of Juarez? Says it's an open world game. Wild West GTA anyone?

Nier - RPG game, haven't heard much about it. It looks pretty good and going by the description, it has a great story,

What platform are you on?
I got Bioshock 2 and it is amazing. Haven't completed it yet but thats because i have been busy with other things. But so far i am loving the game. I would recommend it if you enjoyed the first Bioshock.
If you have a PS3, get Demon's Souls. Best game of the decade.
If you have a PS3, and you like Jack Black's Humour, buy Brütal Legend.
Funny as hell.
forgot to mention, pc only.
thanks for the suggestions so far, will go through reviews and maybe a demo for those games.

all of them fps it seems?
no racing games that came out?
arcade or not doesnt matter...
I'm currently playing Red Faction: Guerilla. Think GTA, set on Mars, with completely destructible buildings that fall apart properly.

Smashy smashy
Quote from jibber :If you have a PS3, get Demon's Souls. Best game of the decade.

clearly you havent played portal yet
Quote from Shotglass :clearly you havent played portal yet

I've played (and finished) portal. There's a whole list of games i'd rank better than portal (even tho, it's a brilliant game, yes). Are you still playing pong?
#12 - VoiD
Quote :Any good games recently released that i missed?

No! (apart from Portal)
Quote from jibber :Are you still playing pong?

um you do realise that a 3 year old game is well within that best game of the decade timeframe yesno?
Uhm. Portal was released in 2007. Right now we are in 2010, a new decade.
So Portal was game of the last decade...

Although, it does depend where you see the start of a new decade, because some people say its 2011.

Anyways, Portal was good, but IMO not game of the decade.
Well, like most normal humans he probably sees a decade as "current year - 9", to date
Mount & Blade Warband. Easily one of the best games to come out this year.

linky
Quote from Shotglass :um you do realise that a 3 year old game is well within that best game of the decade timeframe yesno?

Yes i realise that. It wasn't my point tho. My point is...

While portal is a good concept, it didn't impress me that much as a game. This is why i mentioned pong (as an extreme example of a game that has a great concept, but is not really impressive on any other levels (game design, story, blabla)).

This is just my opinion, but no, i don't see portal anywhere near the top of my "best games of the decade" list, even if it's just three years old and would be well within the timeframe.
Actually, I put it there because the thread about SLRR seemed quite popular, and I thought that this game looked similar.

I'm getting fairly bored of racing games now anyway. RPGs/FPS is where it's at for me.
Quote from jibber :This is why i mentioned pong (as an extreme example of a game that has a great concept, but is not really impressive on any other levels (game design, story, blabla)).

still think its a rather poor example as pong is one of the very very first commercial video games
as for the actual question i played rather a lot of plasma pong when it was still fres some years ago
but pong really isnt any fun without the proper controllers

Quote :This is just my opinion, but no, i don't see portal anywhere near the top of my "best games of the decade" list, even if it's just three years old and would be well within the timeframe.

i think portal is one of the very few games that dont really have any flaws and it overdelivers on top of that well beyond anything i expected
it does what it says on the tin in that it delivers some very enjoyable puzzle gameplay
slowly hints that there may be more to the games narrative than you expected and then hits you completely unexpectedly with something very rare in gaming... good humour... really good humour actually
and best of all it does all that in a very short amount of time meaning that it both doesnt overstay its welcome and delivers a storyline that can be experienced in one sitting making it all that more immersive
and it manages all that without any noteworthy rough edges
that the credits are the most fun ive ever had in a game (and that without any interaction from my side whatsoever) is just icing on the... nah that would be a shitty reference

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG