The online racing simulator
We need more people in F1 like Chandok. He's an all-around nice guy who doesn't take anything too seriously
Quote from J@tko :We need more people in F1 like Chandok. He's an all-around nice guy who doesn't take anything too seriously

He is brining quite a large sum to go racing. You want F1 to be more like arrive and drive indoor karting?
Quote from Intrepid :He is brining quite a large sum to go racing. You want F1 to be more like arrive and drive indoor karting?

Least that's a good atmosphere, friendly, entertaining and tbh, better to watch than F1 is now...
Quote from Wilko868 :Least that's a good atmosphere, friendly, entertaining and tbh, better to watch than F1 is now...

nice atmosphere and friendliness? This is F1 not some horrid garden party!
Quote from Intrepid :nice atmosphere and friendliness? This is F1 not some horrid garden party!

It's not boxing either. (think Brazil 09)
Quote from Wilko868 :It's not boxing either. (think Brazil 09)

Everyone has forgotten about the 2009 love-in already!
Salazar receiving Piquet's kung fu attempts.
Quote from Intrepid :
I reckon they should have open choice on tyres. You want to run a 1 stopper using hard tyres go for it! If you want to run a 2 stopper using only softs then go for it.

All these 'unnatural' regulations like having to use two differing compounds, or having to run quali tyres for the start are just dumb!

We don't mind if there's not much overtaking. What we do mind is crappy odd regulations that stop people driving at 100%!

Agree 100% with all that. I don't like the contrived tyre issue either, I think it's holding back the racing.

However, with regard to "excitement" and "overtaking" I can't for the life of me understand how any of you think that people swapping positions on the track because of a pit stop can be called "overtaking". I want to see drivers challenging each other for track position on the track. To my mind there is ZERO excitement in someone being passed because of pit stop strategies.

I'm still all for zero pit stop racing. One set of tyres, one tank of fuel.

Oh and also remove the possiblity of any form of "interpretation" of rules. Simply state no dynamic/variable aerodynamics of any kind irrespective of how it's acheived. i.e. the only part of the vehicle chasis that is allowed to move is the suspension period. Simplification is where it's at eg.

Fix the max diameters/depths/number of wings.
Fix the max wheel/tyre sizes.
Fix the min ride height and rule out ground effect.
Fix the max width of the vehicle.
Ban dynamic/variable aero in any form.
Fix fuel tank size and fuel type.
Fix the minimum weight of car/driver.

Plus a few to give the lower budget teams a chance:

Fix the number of engines per season.
Ban in season changes (of any form). The car spec you start with is the car you finish the season with.
Ban the use of wind tunnels, full stop. (unless all teams have access to exactly the same amount of tunnel time).

Everything else, such as position/height/design of wings, engine power, tyre compound choice etc is down to the team designers.

I really don't understand why it all has to be so complicated.

Edited to add-

As far as the championship is concerned, I think this season is going to be between Vettel, Alonso and Massa. No one else is going to get a look in, except maybe Webber if he can get his act together. The chasing pack will be made up of Hamilton, Shumi,(I think he's going to improve over the season), Rosberg and possibly Button, (much as I like the guy I think he was lucky to be gifted a dominant car last year).

Finaly, I think the new points system is a step in the right direction but I think too much emphasis has been put on the win. 7 points over 2nd is too much IMO,(equates to a 38% points increase over 2nd place !), should be closer to 30%. Plus I think there should be more of an incentive to challenge for a podium position.

i.e something more like this:

1st - 25 points
2nd - 19 points
3rd - 15 points
4th - 11 points
5th - 9 points
6th - 7 points
7th - 5 points
8th - 3 points
9th - 2 points
10th - 1 points

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG