(21 posts, closed, started )
#1 - Epz
Can a mod deactivate my other account?
It's...
...this one. Thanks!
what for exactly...
...do you have 2 accounts?
Maybe he just wants another user name.

Both demo accounts, so it doesn't matter really.
Just don't use the other one?
Quote from JPeace :Demo accounts.. It doesnt matter how many of them you have (?)

I always thought second accounts weren't allowed at all.
I think it is obvious that he just wants another username.
Yes, he might have done some stupid crashing or something like it with the old account, but, hey it's a demo account.. Haven't we all been jerks at least once in our demo time?
it's called the report button.
This could have been handled much better using the PM function, However Demo forum users do not have access to this feature

It is not written into the rules that anyone is restricted to one account, I am sure it used to be, but looks like the agreement has been changed sometime in the last 7 years, as I cannot find anything relating to multiple accounts anymore.

Should we not have recieved an e-mail letting us know the agreement had been changed? so we could have read and agreed to the new one?

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :It is not written into the rules that anyone is restricted to one account, I am sure it used to be, but looks like the agreement has been changed sometime in the last 7 years, as I cannot find anything relating to multiple accounts anymore.

Should we not have recieved an e-mail letting us know the agreement had been changed? so we could have read and agreed to the new one?

standard forum rules are that people should only have one account. however, some people here have more than one s2 account, and use both at random. (*cough* nikopdr *cough*)

now here's the million dollar question, will the mods let him use the new account, or will they ban it and tell him to use the original one...
I'd like to see the latter, unless there's some compelling reason to change accounts.
Quote from bunder9999 :standard forum rules are that people should only have one account. however, some people here have more than one s2 account, and use both at random. (*cough* nikopdr *cough*)

Can you link to where it is written here at lfsforums? I can't find the text.

Quote from bunder9999 :
now here's the million dollar question, will the mods let him use the new account, or will they ban it and tell him to use the original one...

I too would like to see the latter

SD.
-
(matijapkc) DELETED by Bob Smith : less than unhelpful
Quote from SparkyDave :Can you link to where it is written here at lfsforums? I can't find the text.

it's not, but every forum i've been on normally does have that rule, it's to keep people from getting banned and coming back with an alternate account.
-
(hazaky) DELETED by Bob Smith : less than unhelpful
Quote from SparkyDave :However Demo forum users do not have access to this feature

I thought demo users could PM people
Quote from J@tko :I thought demo users could PM people

A turkey thought it layd an egg but in fact it shat.
So you'd like us to 'deactivate' your 2½ year old account, full of history and presumably somewhat well known (I do recognise that account name), for a brand new one that no one will know?

I'd also like to point out that all I can do is ban the account from the forum, which really achieves nothing, the account will still exist for using LFS online (and unlocking, if you were to purchase a licence). If you just don't want to use that name anyone, then the power is with you, simply stop using the old account. We generally don't permit people having multiple accounts here, so please just choose one account and stick with it.
or you could just buy s2 for both accounts and make everybody including the devs love you :hide:
#21 - Epz
Quote from Bob Smith :So you'd like us to 'deactivate' your 2½ year old account, full of history and presumably somewhat well known (I do recognise that account name), for a brand new one that no one will know?

I'd also like to point out that all I can do is ban the account from the forum, which really achieves nothing, the account will still exist for using LFS online (and unlocking, if you were to purchase a licence). If you just don't want to use that name anyone, then the power is with you, simply stop using the old account. We generally don't permit people having multiple accounts here, so please just choose one account and stick with it.

Well, it's only been a year active anyway. I doubt people would recognize me online, seeing that I haven't played LFS for half a year already.

Its history is quite shrewd, only been to 2 teams and they both died. Went to racing but was seriously crap at it. My only problem would be replicating my PB at BL1 (Which, again, is really slow).

OK, I see your point now, thanks a lot.

I will now stop using my old account.
This thread is closed

Can a mod deactivate my other account?
(21 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG