The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you think about demo racers? ANSWER HONESTLY

Yes - Welcome the demo racers
ZOMG!!!!! DEMO RACERS CRACK LFS!!!!
No - They cannot cut it
Im sick of the abuse at demo racers + poll
I am sick and tired with the comments made about demo racers on this forum. Many are decent people and I bet my left leg at some point or another - you were either as inexperienced as they were or as unsure.
We want as many excited, interesting people to sign up to LFS to help the hard working devs keep it alive and, to bring in younger and newer generations to the greatest online racing sim.
Comments which have become commonplace :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8591
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=6718

and the rest but Im not scrawling through 100+ pages of forums looking for the 1 in 10 posts by inquisitive demo racers.
By stabbing them in the back with comments like "Oh yea? How come you are on Fern Bay" - i agree they COULD have cracked the game BUT people do have FRIEND (s) who OWN LFS S2
like I DONT own a xbox 360, but own PGR3 so i can play it at my mates house.
Demo racers asking how to load layouts in the "autocross" section are jumped upon for being able to have autocross anyway - but dont forget you can also load layouts on BL CAR PARK and as a demo racer, possibly his/her 1st visit to the forums can be assured of a very COLD welcome
As a licenced S2 racer, you should be welcoming of demo racers to the forums, and be much less sarcastic.
I was once a demo racer, and I bet 95% were as well
I voted for "Yes-Welcome Demo Racers" because I know many friendly demo racers who are polite and good racers. Yes, I jumped on some demo racers too for nothing but Im sorry for that. I was on demo server few times and didnt really have bad time.
It annoys me when everyone jumps to conclusion about a racers status. People have to start somewhere.
all i have to say is that first impressions take a major role with demo people cause they usually dont stick around as demo people (going either away or with S2) but hey.. theres always a bad pea in a pod.. or.. a bad egg in a lay.. or.. a broken tool in the shed... uhhh okay thats enough lol
#5 - MR_B
Welcome the demo guys! I find some of the best racing is in the demo server... Aslong as there's admins to keep everyone in check.
more demo racers = higher chance of decent racers buying an S2 License which means more clean racers to play with. But as XCNuse said, you're always going to get that bad pea in a pod but you know there is always the kick/ban function

BRING EM ON
#7 - Gunn
Let's not overreact. Most members on this forum seem to be quite friendly to demo users.
I have an S2-license for over a year now, but mainly race on demo-servers.
Mostly because I really need to improve myself with the XFG on BL1.
On the other hand, I'm a little scared to race on S2-servers and make a mistake which causes other people trouble.
Last weekend I raced on an S2-server and had a great time and no trouble at all.
Still I like demo-servers as long as there's an admin present.
Unfortunately, there are too many servers with no admin and no voting, so that wreckers can have a party be crashing everyone out there.
Writing on this subject, I want to mention one situation.
I was racing on a bremskiller.de server twice for 15 laps.
No admin around and a wrecker enters the race.
I was minding my own business, the wreckers start driving the track in the wrong direction and hit me full on the nose.
After that, I was kicked out of the race because of too many generated error-messages. (looks like some script running there)
After that, I was so angry and I decided to race only on my own host or on S2-servers. Sorry for bothering you with my story and my crappy english.
Well, i had a bit bad experience in S2 server yesterday. There were 2 other racers with all cars unlocked. Race was over and i was practicing with FO8.

One of the racers had slow car and i was driving through the tight curve and as i was out of the curve, i slammed the slower car, becouse i didnt notice.

I was about to say sorry, but then the guy, who i hitted, called a vote to ban me. I even didnt have enough time to say anything, becouse i got banned.
I never see demo racers "on-track" as I use only S2 servers, so why should they bother me?, everyone here must have at least had some track time with the demo prior to getting licensed anyway.

The only thing that bothers me about the demo, is the fact its fully functional forever, and far too easy for people to stick with.

Dan,
well... demo racers are welcome.

...remember that we were ALL demo racers when we started.
I think it is just unfortunate that the minority of demo racers give the majority a bad name.

Most new S2 racers I see are perfectly polite and just need to learn a bit more to be competitive.

Anyway, we were all demo/noobs once so I dont see why demo racers should even be subject to a poll.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from danowat :I never see demo racers "on-track" as I use only S2 servers, so why should they bother me?, everyone here must have at least had some track time with the demo prior to getting licensed anyway.

The only thing that bothers me about the demo, is the fact its fully functional forever, and far too easy for people to stick with.

Dan,

the only problem with demo racers SOMETIMES is them not understanding racing rules, flags etc, but normally i do go to a Demo server every now an nd again to race a few friends or race on of my favourite combos!

Bring on the demoers!
When I bought the license for S1, long time ago, I spend a lot of time racing the demo guys. I was used to that and didn`t know all the other guys. There was many "really good" guys, out there, so I had to vote "yes i welcome ..."
one really annoying thing about any online community, or any community for that matter, is that there is always a picked on minority.

unfotunately the demo racers/noobs are the ones who get picked on here.

remember we are all in the same boat, and are all racing game fans who enjoy motorsport of some sort or another. we all have alot more in common than we dont, but still manage to bicker amongst ourselves illepall most of it i am pretty sure is just good banter, and sometimes crackers put their foot in it, but otherwise nobody deserves a harsh time just for asking question that we probably all once asked.

although i do have to say the 'XF Gti club' thread was quite funny with the pictures, but nobody actaully helped the guy. i would stick to the moto "If you don't have anything nice/good/decent/helpful/contributary to say, don't say anything at all!"
Welcome, dear demo user.

That is, until they post something suspicious, like requesting content that only matters to people who have S2 normally. Or posting screenshots of them using S2 cars, etc. Then the report button gets hit (in obvious cases) and a friendly question to prove their S2 license asked. Considering the amount of people who indeed crack S2 and come here to request stuff, I think that's only fair.
more demo racers= more s2 buyers= devs make more money= devs spend more time making lfs?

let them in, it can help in the long,long run
Very strange poll, I must say, and the outcome is even stranger. Everybody who voted for second or third option is clearly condemning a whole group of ppl just because a minority of that group is not behaving nicely. That's unfair, prejudicial and displays imho a really bad attitude. You could condemn the licensees for the same reason, or, for other reasons, the women, the men, the disabled, the foreigners etc. Very sad poll
Quote from AndroidXP :That is, until they post something suspicious, like requesting content that only matters to people who have S2 normally. Or posting screenshots of them using S2 cars, etc.

But as I said , people have freinds who probbably do have a PURCHASED S2 and play at their house
Quote from mrbogeyman :
"If you don't have anything nice/good/decent/helpful/contributary to say, don't say anything at all!"

+1
And? Then they can prove they're S2 licensed as soon as they come home. Where's the problem with that?

Lately the amount of crackers has gone down considerably anyways, either because the newest patch is crack incompatible or because they've wisend up an not friggin post at the official forums. Either way, every demo user is welcome, and if they post suspicious content they atleast get the chance to prove their license status after a polite request, instead of getting flamed to hell like it was common pre patch U.

(I still wonder how they always have to post such things right now when they don't have access to their real S2 account, but otherwise you never hear anything from them )
Welcome demo racers!!! Sure just because a minority is bad/wrecker/stupid doesnt mean that all of them are the same, and voting to not welcome them only shows how much prejudice is on them, sure there are people who crack and or is stupid, but i bet that most of the demo racers are nice people.. When i used to race on demo servers i had much fun 99% of time, got to know some very cool people, and off course some wreckers too.
Dont forget that whenever you go, there will always be a stupid person.
What about making the demo have a limit of, say 1000 laps before it stops?
I dont agree with that idea personnaly because before I got the old S1 and then S2 I spent over 1000 laps on demo and it would have personanly put me off because I would have to buy it within a certain time period.
I dont know of any demos that have a "time period" except the FULL GAME DEMOS whihc can be played for 60 mins but they are all rubbish anyway
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I dont agree with that idea personnaly because before I got the old S1 and then S2 I spent over 1000 laps on demo and it would have personanly put me off because I would have to buy it within a certain time period.

I dont know of any demos that have a "time period" except the FULL GAME DEMOS whihc can be played for 60 mins but they are all rubbish anyway
From my experience all the demos of games I've played the mutliplayer side expires once the full version is out.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG