The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you think about demo racers? ANSWER HONESTLY

Yes - Welcome the demo racers
ZOMG!!!!! DEMO RACERS CRACK LFS!!!!
No - They cannot cut it
I played on a demo server "FORMULA D" last night because a mate who has the demo was playing.

I must say, the attitude of S2 licenced drivers vs Demo drivers is incredibly different.

There was 6 people in the server. THREE of them were rammers. Now of course this server doesn't have kick voting enabled illepall so i just had to suck it up. It actually became quite fun because i was just taunting them for about an hour. "whats the matter nub? can't catch me?" :hyper:

I voted welcome them though. The sooner they come to S2 the sooner they might wise up a bit.
Quote from PartyBoyU :demo have only 3 slow cars, with crack u can see what u get when u buy license, this works for me

:|
i hate it when people jump to conclusions to me and my fellow demo racers. they say we drive bad because we havent bought a license. some people dont have the money for a license do they play demo, which is great fun anyway.
As I always hang around in demo servers my answer is quite obvious. At the same time I won't welcome crackers. So I'll welcome people whose posts in this forum are not suspicious. And I'll even help, if I can, no matter their status.
For me demo racers are welcome, i was a demo racer too 2 months ago so i can understand their "ignorance" about LFS, i had it too.

And however i dont think that crackers or wreckers will post here, probably they dont know that forum at all.

I have to add a thing about S2 racers:

in my first days i didnt notice it because however the phenomen is a lot less diffused then on demo servers, but there are wreckers on S2 too, especially on servers with a lot of people.

And there are people that are not wreckers but dont know THE BASIC RULES for fair racing (for example that u can change only 1 time trajectory when u are under an overtaking manouver), and a lot of people cut u the way and try to crash u on the side walls or getting u out by shooting your front wheel with their rear. Imho LFS not need only and official manual, but need a guide for fair racing too.
Lot of people that are racing bad ignore that they are in wrong, and think that that's the correct way for racing.
Before all the test drive in singleplayer there should be a theory section where are explained basic rules for fair racing.
#56 - Gunn
Quote from cubics :T
I'm going to get my licence soon but I think I will still spend most of the time on the demo.

I'm betting that you won't. S2 is a world away from the demo, you'll see.
I voted yes,I think LFS needs new faces and more racers.I also think they should have their own section in LFS forum.
I dont race in demo more so I cant vote here.
Quote :I also think they should have their own section in LFS forum.

I second that idea.. maybe the Demo should also have a nag screen to point them to the forum so they understand it's not just a game they've downloaded, but also a community they've joined...
i think its ridiculous the amount of hackers there are on lfs. £24 isnt a great deal of cash, and whats the point of stealing this great game produced and had a lot of effort poured into it.
hackers=cheapskates.
Quote from harlen :i hate it when people jump to conclusions to me and my fellow demo racers. they say we drive bad because we havent bought a license. some people dont have the money for a license do they play demo, which is great fun anyway.

Congratulations on getting a license!
demo racers arent that bad but i think they need a seperate forum
Why? Any demo racer visiting this forum will most likely be coming here for information or to see what the community behind the game is like. So what would be the point in seperating it?
OK ok, hold on to your hats - logic alert!

We have an "LFS Beginners" forum already, where new LFS users can go to ask questions, get help and do other such newbish things. Here's the logical part (brace yourselves): by definition, any new LFS user must also be a demo user at some point - unless they buy a license straight away and most people don't.

Conclusion: adding a separate "demo racer" forum would be a pointless waste of space and time because we already have one - it's just under a different name.

Live long and prosper

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG