The online racing simulator
Another one of the should i get lfs threads
Hey guys its me again, i came back to lfs hopefully for good. I have been playing for roughly 3-4 years and latley had about an 8 month break from lfs. Coming back is quite refreshing, anyhow i was kept busy with karting. Now that the karting season is over i wanted to keep my skills sharp so i put my computer on and played some lfs.

It was fun but got boring, im thinking its because its the same car class and the track is so repetitive now. Theres never enough people in one race, i never get a 5 lap race with all 12 people finishing, its always 4-5 people finish.

I wanted to ask if i should buy lfs s2, i have the money its just that the money could be used for say a new set of tires or fuel or a new carb etc. Real racing comes first, on a side note i already have a good pc and wheel so im ready to go.

I still have to buy a few things for my kart like a pricey guage and scoring system, so money is tight. When karting season starts again ill be a casual lfs racer, im thinking of trying s1 but i heard there is only two s1 servers?

On a side note i quickly picked up my skills again and beat my old pb's in 2 days of lfs racing. I guess i didnt forget how to lfs or it could just be the karting
#2 - garph
If you have to ask if you should buy it then I'd say, no.
What about S1 servers? Any comments on just getting S1?
most have S2 id buy it if your interested in being active alot. Personally i wouldnt just buy S1 id get S2
I just checked the S1 servers, only 5 people in one server and 3 spectating Waste of money imo. I guess its go big or go home, ill try a little more of lfs demo and then buy S2 if i really like it. Do they accept debit cards?
I became S2 today. HURRAY! And it's really worth it. (... Somebody will know what the (...) means. Schhhhh.) There's like triple more servers, but I wasn't playing online, I only checked the servers. But IMO it's worth even for the Singleplayer.
#7 - SAxor
S1 is a waste, and so is S2 imo unless you go the organized, league/race route.
Quote from SAxor :S1 is a waste, and so is S2 imo unless you go the organized, league/race route.

Whats wrong with racing on servers for abit of fun? or just cruising around if your bored and just wanna drive?

Personally its only worth getting S2 as there are alot more servers and you get the extra cars
Quote from SAxor :S1 is a waste, and so is S2 imo unless you go the organized, league/race route.

I've have had S2 for about 18 months now and I have only entered one race in one league (scheduled time is my problem). I still consider this to be the best "game" I have ever purchased, certainly not "a waste". There are some great pickup servers out there. You just have to accept that you will not finish every race you start.
Quote from menantoll :I've have had S2 for about 18 months now and I have only entered one race in one league (scheduled time is my problem). I still consider this to be the best "game" I have ever purchased, certainly not "a waste". There are some great pickup servers out there. You just have to accept that you will not finish every race you start.

i would of agreed with you about 3 years ago.for me, it's all about rfactor and dirt2 now.
AE86 @ Laguna seca anyone?
Quote from menantoll :I've have had S2 for about 18 months now and I have only entered one race in one league (scheduled time is my problem). I still consider this to be the best "game" I have ever purchased, certainly not "a waste". There are some great pickup servers out there. You just have to accept that you will not finish every race you start.

I am S2 since December and I really think it worths every pound. Not just the game but also all the service you get in order to become a better driver. Even if you don't go online you have a lot to explore...
With S1 you can race on S2 servers, but only of those servers run a car/track combo that's available in S1. So there should be more servers than just the 2 you claim there to be.
But buying S2 is really worth the money, full content and hundreds of servers to choose from.

Come to the S2 side.. we've got cookies :evil:
#13 - th84
I would wait 7-8 years until the final version is out. That way you have no reason to bitch and whine for the next decade.
Of course it's worth it !

Hey, it's a valid investment towards your karting 'career'.
Even better, LFS will outlast any parts you can buy for
your kart. You'll get the MRT5 which is similar to karts
AND you'll be able to make your own layouts, great for
practicing the different venues you would be racing.

Server's aren't as busy as they used to be, but there are
still some good ones out there. By the time you get familiar
with the new cars and tracks, we should get that infamous
tire (i meant tyre :schwitz physics patch.
Its WORTH IT!

No doubt. I am not one of those "Sim fanatics" but i love to drive cars and alays wanted a car sim to test stuff out. This is perfect.

And at that pricetag, COME ON! I would pay doubble if i knew what what i got!
Quote from Fonnybone :Of course it's worth it !

Hey, it's a valid investment towards your karting 'career'.
Even better, LFS will outlast any parts you can buy for
your kart. You'll get the MRT5 which is similar to karts
AND you'll be able to make your own layouts, great for
practicing the different venues you would be racing.

Ohh Common!! Be reasonable, Its nothing like a Go Kart :beady: But i suppose it is the nearest you can get.
I Agree with everyone above, its worth it.
Great Servers and a Great online Community.

Edit: Post Below, Good Luck waiting 2 years Lmao. Maybe you Mean the Scirroco Will be out any time now.

And It will be the same amount of money :S, S3 Should end up being £36 and even if you buy S2 U Have to pay £12 extra.. If it does happen.
If I was you I would wait for S3. I mean it will be out any time now, no reason wasting money on S2.

just get it
i cant preach about the price being good, but it still is anyways.....i believe that it is worth every cent, there are a bunch of servers, and many nice people on each server. there is close racing, there are cars and tracks to fill almost every need for racing you could want
Quote from cardriverx :If I was you I would wait for S3. I mean it will be out any time now, no reason wasting money on S2.

do you not realise how the s1,s2 etc system works? Or are you just trolling?

If he purchased s2 now there would be no money wasted if he later went to s3 as he would only have to pay the difference between s2 and s3.
LFS is filed under "Dead sims" these days isn't it?

I know there are still officially people working on it, but there are still people officially working on netKar...
You guys need to learn the difference between dead not as busy as it used to be. The difference is huge. We get new users every day in ihr servers.

Lfs is far from dead.
Quote from menantoll :You guys need to learn the difference between dead not as busy as it used to be. The difference is huge. We get new users every day in ihr servers.

Lfs is far from dead.

The game may not be dying, but racing is.
At least it feels like that to me. Before I quit - about 3 years ago - you were spoiled for choice with different combos. Nowadays, you're pretty much stuck with multiclass, demo, cruising or drifting servers. Unless you're happy to race with grids that aren't even a quarter full.
Quote from Cropsy :The game may not be dying, but racing is.
At least it feels like that to me. Before I quit - about 3 years ago - you were spoiled for choice with different combos. Nowadays, you're pretty much stuck with multiclass, demo, cruising or drifting servers. Unless you're happy to race with grids that aren't even a quarter full.

Holey shit balls! Cropsy!!

If you're gettin back into things or want to catch up.....
ATC 60 laps GP league
ATC Team
Quote :
It was fun but got boring, im thinking its because its the same car class and the track is so repetitive now. Theres never enough people in one race, i never get a 5 lap race with all 12 people finishing, its always 4-5 people finish.

If you liked the demo but got bored S2 will bring lots of new content. Sounds like some stupid TV advertising but I still wonder myself why I waited so long. Blackwood isnt too bad but some tracks have really cool downhill corners, chicanes etc. and some cars are just mad fast.

There still is public racing but for me it is often a combo I have no experience at.
So I joined a league because you have time to practise the track and it is always a new one. Never before played any other game in an organized way, always the "random server, gogogo" style but now these races alone are worth S2 imo. With limited time its much better than public servers, at least for me.

Another one of the should i get lfs threads
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG