The online racing simulator
servers in the US?
(13 posts, started )
servers in the US?
Is there any active servers in the US? I play the demo and I seem to have terrible lag because of all the servers being in other countries. I don't want to purchase an S2 license to find out that there aren't any active US servers. I purchased my own cable internet line for my room at home so that my racing experience will be flawless. I know its not on my end, its the fastest connection that is offered in my city. My download and upload speeds are very very good. My connection is a business package meant for small businesses with around 20 computers. I am the only computer connected to the line.
Try to look here, there aren't many of them to be honest... You can try them.
CoRe and LOTA servers are all local to the US.
Quote from Forbin :CoRe and LOTA servers are all local to the US.

are they played very often?
They are played relatively often. The problem is that LFS is not as popular in North America as it is in Europe, so while LOTA and Core servers have people playing, there won't be as many people playing as there are in Europe.
I race almost exclusively on european servers and I don't have any lag issues at all. Could your lag be pc related? In LFS the most important part is the processor.
Go to www.broadbandreports.com and run a speed test and a line quality test. Speed isn't as important as the quality of the signal. You could have massive throughput but still have less-than-smooth gameplay if you're dropping packets.

I'm in the US and drive on European servers regularly and I do not have lag issues.
Are you perhaps on a wireless LAN?

Also, are you referring to your playing experience? Or just the ping numbers you see on the server list?

This isn't Counter-Strike. Car movement tends to be very predictable and generally has a simple trajectory that can be easily extrapolated or interpolated. As a result, ping is not a big issue in LFS. Pings like 150 to 200 ms, which would be very slow in any FPS, are acceptable in LFS. And the only thing it will affect from your perspective is the movement of other cars. With higher pings, their movement appears a bit jerkier.
I am a network administrator. Ive got my cable internet hooked up to a linksys wireless router which has been flashed with linux firmware, and the processor in the router has been overclocked. Ive got everything setup properly and I can PROMISE you this is not on my end. I am also wired directly to the router, not wirelessly.

theres my upload/download if yo don't believe me. I run NR2003 on a US server and have no problems as far as car warping goes. For a true car simulation you want very MINIMAL car warping. Its always a shame to be afraid to do some door smashing 2 and 3 wide racing because the cars are flashing every which way on the track. I know this wont happen if I am on a US server.
pingtest.net

Connection speed/low ping is irrelevant if the ping time is still bouncing all over the place. Problems in LFS are generally caused by inconsistent ping (which makes position prediction useless) rather than high ping.
Party in the U.S.A!
US server
We run a US S2 server, BEER. Easy to remember hahaha. Purchase the game it is the best racing sim out there, you won't be disappointed. We race almost every night. So far there is only a few of us.

servers in the US?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG