The online racing simulator
vancouver winter olympics
(246 posts, started )
Same here ..

Short summed up the video it's brutal. As entering the fatal corner you can hear a whining sound, as if someone happend to the sled. Then when the camera angle changes you see the sledge hiting the wall hard, before bounching off. The rider goes airborne, slides on the fence, then at over 120 km/h backwards he hits a pole at the side of the track, a huge hit. The silence after the hit with the steel is horrible, you know it's bad. The camera changes to the trainer, who is watching in shock, shaking his head - he knows it's nothing they can do
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/vide ... oId=39433&PbContext=2

well..... theres a linky...

i just dont understand WHY those metal posts have to be SO DAMN CLOSE so the track itself!

i am pissed to see someone die doing what he loved, in a city i used to live...... but knowing the VANOC commitee, they are just so damn cheap to change structural stuff like that.....
Geeez...

..Now fighting in the streets with the Americans about the outcome of the Hockey Gold Medal game doesn't seem so important.

... No, actually, it still does. And the Bobsled.
Honestly, he flew off the track. Even in the poles were not there, he would've been thrown onto the road at over 100 km/h, and he still would've died. It's really sad though.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to the olympics, especially bobsled, hockey, and some other events as well.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Honestly, he flew off the track. Even in the poles were not there, he would've been thrown onto the road at over 100 km/h, and he still would've died. It's really sad though.

We'd have to wait until the full report, but I think looking at the videos the poles played a major role in the injuries incured. Karters and bikers get thrown onto the road all the time at speeds of over 100 km/h. It's not until they hit something hard that they get seriously injured/killed. I was unfortunate to witness such an event in karting and that's something I do not wish I or anyone else will have to experience again. Some of the pictures brought back tragic memories. very sad.
Quote from Intrepid :We'd have to wait until the full report, but I think looking at the videos the poles played a major role in the injuries incured. Karters and bikers get thrown onto the road all the time at speeds of over 100 km/h. It's not until they hit something hard that they get seriously injured/killed. I was unfortunate to witness such an event in karting and that's something I do not wish I or anyone else will have to experience again. Some of the pictures brought back tragic memories. very sad.

your post was good untill i saw that word that made irreparable damage to my virgin eyes.

who's watching the ceremony? where did they hide those pretty women? you almost never see them on the road over here!
Quote from el pibe :who's watching the ceremony? where did they hide those pretty women? you almost never see them on the road over here!

i think she killed the national anthem.
yeah, she totally killed it..... seriously why did she have to change the rithm ? why change something perfect? but i wouldnt mind dating her though...
I laughed so hard at those giant statues, especially when they were rising up.

Am I the only one who got a different image in my head?
Quote from MAGGOT :And the Bobsled.

It's great, shame they dont put the olympics in my country...

Any stream?
nevermind I have NBC anyways thanks!
damn, i didnt see TVE in with the norwegians( ? )....
brian addams and nelly furtado? puke!
They should have gotten 3 Inches of Blood to play... they're from the Vancouver area...
Quote from MAGGOT :They should have gotten 3 Inches of Blood to play... they're from the Vancouver area...

never heard of them but sarah mclaughlin is also terrible. come on, canada has better artists than these juno phonies...
Quote from bunder9999 :never heard of them but sarah mclaughlin is also terrible. come on, canada has better artists than these juno phonies...

Think a modern day Judas Priest on crack, with a liberal sprinkling of pirates and medieval knights.
#44 - shim
Quote from DevilDare :I laughed so hard at those giant statues, especially when they were rising up.

Am I the only one who got a different image in my head?

my thoughts where Thriller when the arms where raised.. i loled
oh. emm. gee. k.d. lang? really puke.
So if anyone is interested in visiting Canada, I have totems waiting for you in my backyard. One of them is broken, though.

Also, Chevrolet sucks.
Quote from boosterfire :So if anyone is interested in visiting Canada, I have totems waiting for you in my backyard. One of them is broken, though.

so were the rumours of the governator carrying the torch true? i didn't hear anything else about that and i didn't see him...
lol. i fell asleep. XD

oh guys, if ure going to the vancouver area. you need to go see a very special totem @ the stanley park. it has a monkey holding something that looks like a rly long wiiwii..... XD
Yeh, I missed the opening, but it started like 3.45 am and I was sleeping
"...Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili died after a high speed crash that saw him fly off the track and smash into a metal girder. He was 21. He is believed to be the sixth athlete to die in training or competition at a Olympic event...."

Wow. This is fatal.

I fell asleep aswell at 4 AM during the ceremony. Was nice tho!

vancouver winter olympics
(246 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG