The online racing simulator
Help me to choose a brand
(75 posts, started )
Quote from Crashgate3 :The Su-27 is made by Sukhoi

It's true that Yakovlev have been making combat aircraft since before WW2 though.

Sukhoi indeed, but I was just saying independantly that the SU-27 is sex and Sukhoi and Yakovlev are merged by the government anyway. In my opinion, one of the most sexual and underated planes of all time is the Polikarpov I-153
I've prepared the first step of the project for nVidia and Lacoste, so tomorrow I'll discuss with the teacher, but I like nVidia.
Thanks a lot to everyone for your help, even if I didn't choose any suggested brand here they helped me to think and make my final decision
#54 - 5haz
Quote from BlueFlame :In my opinion, one of the most sexual and underated planes of all time is the Polikarpov I-153

'Cept when I fly it in IL2 1946 I always get shot down. :doh:
Quote from 5haz :'Cept when I fly it in IL2 1946 I always get shot down. :doh:

Just use it's roll rate to your advantage, do a split S in that and you're on the guys six, even if its Veteran AI. It's one of the best turning planes with and without turbulence settings on and it's probably the plane with the fastest roll rate too.
take a spin down brandsoftheworld.com and take a browse, but i think you should do.....ummmm, i have no idea
Quote from logitekg25 :take a spin down brandsoftheworld.com and take a browse, but i think you should do.....ummmm, i have no idea

I did. That's a good place for downloading vectorial logos
Finally will be nVidia (99% sure)
very nice choice can you make a quick sketch of the general shape you think it will be? i am curious
Quote from logitekg25 :very nice choice can you make a quick sketch of the general shape you think it will be? i am curious

It's impossible to know the general shape right now because that's what I'm gonna do for the next 2 months, sketching research, but I'll post some progress
Lesson today was cancelled so I still have 1 more week
#60 - 5haz
Quote from BlueFlame :Just use it's roll rate to your advantage, do a split S in that and you're on the guys six, even if its Veteran AI. It's one of the best turning planes with and without turbulence settings on and it's probably the plane with the fastest roll rate too.

But then you cant see anything out the front either.

I normally fly the Lerche, and shoot down fighters out of range of their guns using X4 rockets, then outclimb them if they get too close.

Sorry for 'fred hijack.
Quote from 5haz :But then you cant see anything out the front either.

I normally fly the Lerche, and shoot down fighters out of range of their guns using X4 rockets, then outclimb them if they get too close.

Sorry for 'fred hijack.

I'm suprised anyone can hit anything with the rockets on the Lerche, though i never figured out how to use the wireguided controls.
#62 - 5haz
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm suprised anyone can hit anything with the rockets on the Lerche, though i never figured out how to use the wireguided controls.

They're the bombsight controls, I have them set up as the num pad keys, and after a bit of practising I could hit a turning fighter from over a mile off about 8 times out of 10.
Quote from 5haz :They're the bombsight controls, I have them set up as the num pad keys, and after a bit of practising I could hit a turning fighter from over a mile off about 8 times out of 10.

The Heinkel Lerche is one of the craziest things ever, I love the eject animation, it's like a trap door hahaha
Here is the very first sketch, made in about 20 minutes. I know there are hundred of mistakes, wrong perspective and some other problems, but since it's just a sketch for research, nobody cares. The only thing I need to fix and improve it is time, and is better to use that time making another 10 pencil sketches. As for aesthetics, that's not important (not yet). Right know what we have to do is a "brain storm", to draw our ideas as soon as they come to our minds and as quick as possible. If you stop drawing for 2 seconds because you're thinking how to make the lights, your're wasting your time and creativity.
I need at least 100 sketches like this, as different as possible each to other, and then I'll make the decision of the design direction I'll take. Car design is not as simple as people think

BTW the car is supposed to be for 2025
to be honest it looks very similar to the Audi from iRobot

but for a 20 min sketchup ...:jawdrop:
Looking good, nVidia is associated with speed and power as well as style so a supercar fits. How about taking design cues from the shape of components on the graphics card, as well as their logo obviously? Maybe the interior can resemble the nVidia control panel...

Just make sure they don't ship out the manufacturing to some random company, because then the car will overheat too easily and shut down *is still sore about the 8600GT problem*

Is that a bit of TVR at the back and Koenigseggggg in the middle? With a touch of iRobot on the wheels... (EDIT: Damn you beating me to the iRobot comment, ACCAkut!)
that is amazing :jawdrop: i think when you are finished, it should be your avatar
Quote from TiJay :...Maybe the interior can resemble the nVidia control panel.....

For this project we only need exterior

Quote from TiJay :Looking good, nVidia is associated with speed and power as well as style so a supercar fits...

That's the first thing we have to do before starting to draw, to analyse the brand, and that's the point of the excercise, not just to draw a nice car with green ligths. Anyway I still have to decide the package.

Thanks for the comments. As I said before don't worry about the looking, this is only one of 100 proposals. I'll make the package from the "winner" and then draw another 200 sketches based on that package
Well, the presentation of this project will be the 23rd of February. Although it needs a couple of details (3D models are endless) the car is ready. I'll show you a teaser, since the car can not be unveiled until the date of the exam

I must say it has nothing to do with the sketch I posted above some months ago (I told you), since that was something quick with no base while the final design has been done keeping in mind a concept and a certain package.

Teaser
:hide:
Quote from NitroNitrous :Well, the presentation of this project will be the 23rd of February. Although it needs a couple of details (3D models are endless) the car is ready. I'll show you a teaser, since the car can not be unveiled until the date of the exam

I must say it has nothing to do with the sketch I posted above some months ago (I told you), since that was something quick with no base while the final design has been done keeping in mind a concept and a certain package.

Teaser

Although already suggested before, my recommendation is AETHON; if you have not decided yet the car name. Your sketch is very brilliant and looks rising from the mythology as AETHON is.
Quote from ADX.14 :Although already suggested before, my recommendation is AETHON; if you have not decided yet the car name. Your sketch is very brilliant and looks rising from the mythology as AETHON is.

That's true, I forgot about the name I'll think about it, Aethon seems to ne nice one
Can't wait to see the car

Quote :For this project we only need exterior

Do you cover car interior design on your course? It seems some manufacturers don't put a lot of effort into it...
*cough*audi*cough*

all their interiors are basically identical.
Quote from TiJay :Can't wait to see the car

Do you cover car interior design on your course? It seems some manufacturers don't put a lot of effort into it...

Of course we do, but that's another subject

Anyway this car doesn't need to much inside, you'll se the reason

Help me to choose a brand
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG