The online racing simulator
Official Mass Effect 2 Thread
(137 posts, started )
Hour in, not much done.

Love the new cleaner look, ME1 always looked a little SD, but ME2 looks lovely, Shepard's control feels a bit more "weighty" which gives the movement a bit more mass, so that feels nice, combat (what little I've done) is ace, enemies are much, much more detailed than ME1.

Also like the new "mini-games", both the overide and data hack ones are a massive improvement on the "simon" mini-game in ME1.

One thing I did think sucked........project lazarus, I mean, come on!!!!!
Quote from danowat :One thing I did think sucked........project lazarus, I mean, come on!!!!!

You're complaining about technology that's 200 years away, mate... so I think you should let it slide...

Anyway, anybody figured out why the akhem... trying not to spoil here...so
Why the final boss looked the way he did? PM me please, cause I don't get it... all the other beings of his species look differently....
Its just the whole, he was dead, now he's not thing, just seems a bit, I don't know, off
Quote from danowat :Well, the American version was released on Tuesday so............

depending of version, razor got this game available from 21st :P
Quote from danowat :Its just the whole, he was dead, now he's not thing, just seems a bit, I don't know, off

Trust me, mate... the final boss is the thing that you won't be able to live with... Sheppard being revived - not so much
Thats a while away yet
This very well may be the best game I have ever played. The ending is, well, amazing. I just hope the choice I made won't screw over a ton of people.
Quote from MadCat360 :This very well may be the best game I have ever played. The ending is, well, amazing. I just hope the choice I made won't screw over a ton of people.

Let me guess, you didn't upgrade the ship during the game and then you listened to the illusive man on what to do with the base?
Quote from squidhead :Let me guess, you didn't upgrade the ship during the game and then you listened to the illusive man on what to do with the base?

I did exactly that
This game is awesome!
Quote from squidhead :Let me guess, you didn't upgrade the ship during the game and then you listened to the illusive man on what to do with the base?

Yes, I did listen. But I didn't lose anyone. Those upgrades were the first I got lol. I like to be prepared.
You lucky... I've lost half my commando
Quote from MadCat360 :Yes, I did listen. But I didn't lose anyone. Those upgrades were the first I got lol. I like to be prepared.

SHARE YOUR SECRET!

*spoilers ahead*

I mean I have played through the mission twice (saving game, beating it, loading game, upgrading normandy and weapons, beating again)

And the second time, I sent legion through the tunnel... and BOOM, HEADSHOT! That totally came out of nowhere for me, and while holding the line, the salarian freaking dies... Im guessing I did something wrong, but I don't get what exactly...

The first walkthough went worse though, Jack had a blast straight through Normandy's hull, Tali got baked by the engine core explosion, Thane received a steel girder to his chest, Mordin "boom, headshot" after the tunnel, Grunt died of many wounds inflicted from running the second team 2 times in a row, Taylor didn't get the crew back to the Normandy, and Garrus died holding the line

So many bodies... best ending ever if Im honest, losing crew so fast was actually sad, which is a feeling rarely reserved for games characters...
*yo, spoilers numbnuts*

One key factor is that you must make sure that every character has all of their skillpoints assigned. Dock with Omega and make sure everything is good to go. It's probably a good idea to evolve each of their class traits. You also need to do the loyalty quests for each character. Then of course you need to put them in the right roles.

I used Garrus for leading the second squad (in both circumstances). Was a good choice because he took a bullet to the gut at the door. His armor saved him. I put Legion in the vent (figured a computer could hack a computer well enough, and he's wearing MY armor so he'd probably be tough. Tali is fragile). Grunt led the survivors back, figured I'd need a "tank" for that, and Jack was the Mobile Biotic Field Generator (did you SEE her own those mechs? Samara would be a smear on the wall, but I bet she'd do fine as well, just not Miranda. Don't put Miranda in charge of anything. I'm convinced she's a colossal idiot for all her genetic engineering, and I doubt Jacob is powerful enough).

For my own squad I used Tali and Mordin both times. Mordin is great because of his Incinerate (and his singing voice is lovely). Between my Sentinal barrier warpage, Tali's little distraction probe, and Mordin's Incinerate the Collectors are pushovers. Actually just about everything was a pushover with those two. Sentinal is also really good for fighting hordes of the zombie guys, forget what they're called. Once they pop your energy armor (you know, when they back you into a corner and are dry humping you to death), they just all fall flat and they're easy to mop up.
Urrrgggghhh SPOILERS
Quote from MadCat360 :Sentinal is also really good for fighting hordes of the zombie guys, forget what they're called.

I found that if you got cryo ammo, and a hand cannon, it takes 1 shot to a husk for him to freeze in a few seconds. all you need to do is make sure everyone else is using non modified ammo to break the ice.

And I've read that Miranda fails as a shield generator and one of yours gets killed.... I still don't know how I screwed up Legion in the vents... maybe a complete new walkthrough will be better...
Quote from squidhead :

And I've read that Miranda fails as a shield generator and one of yours gets killed.... I still don't know how I screwed up Legion in the vents... maybe a complete new walkthrough will be better...

Probably has to do with who was in the other positions.

There *might* be some random luck in there, too. That would really suck if true. IMO they shouldn't have put an achievement in for getting all the squad out. Kinda makes it feel like you've lost the game if you lose someone.
Ok, WOW was blown away by the story.

Went for insane right from the start, and played as a Vanguard. Boy is it fooking hard. I pushed through tho

About 30 hours play in total, there are a few areas I have not checked so I'm glad I can keep playing and finding new stuff.

Now to make a good guy and maybe go for the sniper class which I did originally have on my ME1 char which I ported across for this play through.

Now to wait a year for the epic end to this brilliant series.

Oh Yeah, No one died on my team. But I didn't get Legion I sold him thinking I would get some cool weapons or armor Wish I kept him now.
I have NO idea how you guys can play through so quickly, I reckon it'll be 6 months before I finish the story the first time.

One thing I dislike, quite strongly, is the resource mining, its a bit tedious.
Quote from danowat :I have NO idea how you guys can play through so quickly, I reckon it'll be 6 months before I finish the story the first time.

One thing I dislike, quite strongly, is the resource mining, its a bit tedious.

if you'll go through only the necessary parts then i assume it could be quick, but if you tend to spend time on people/upgrades/sidemissions then i think it gets rather long.
Yeah, I guess.

I'll scour every area, explore all dialog, all the codex entries etc etc, think the first ME took around 60 hours for my first playthrough.
Been absolutely loving it so far. I'm wishing I'd started on a higher difficulty level though, seems like the combat sections are over too quickly on normal. The resource farming is a bit less interesting, but there is an upgrade available that makes it quicker. But then farming in RPGs is never a thrilling experience

I've been pretty much ignoring the story levels so far and exploring as much as I can and experienced my first "yeah, you're bloody doing this mission right now" cut-in mission. That was pretty cool.
Quote from adamlfs :
Now to wait a year for the epic end to this brilliant series. Thumbs up

A year and then some, probably. I'd guess holiday '11 or early '12.

I can't wait that long. I'm already getting withdrawl. I NEED to know what happens next! These games don't really hold the same fun for me going through it again. I already know what happens, and that's really the biggest part of the game. I'll play around with some other dialogue choices and get some of the achievements I missed but I can't see myself playing through it a second time. In a couple decades we'll have games that never end, and I won't have this problem.

Official Mass Effect 2 Thread
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG