The online racing simulator
Quote from SidiousX :Two seater MIG-21
I don't know why, but I LOVE turbo-prop airliners.

Well Dash-8 De Havilland is very popular here.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Wow! That's beautiful!

Also, regarding the Viggen and Draken, I really like the Swedish Air Force's (and, well... Saab's) preference for 'odd' shaped aircraft.

It looks alot like the IAR Romania
Quote from mrodgers :Was on there last weekend (they swapped out the world tour for something else) because I saw Fuzz (I think) on there. By the time I logged on, he was gone.

Ah that's a bummer man, you should send me a pm for when you're on next The world tour has been taken over by Alaska, no idea why, really annoying as I was about half way through the world hop.

And back on topic, in terms of liveries, this one beats everything hands down in my eyes. Such a pretty lookin' paint job.

Spartan Executive Model 7W
Spartan Executive Model 7W

Attached images
Spartan Executive.jpg
800px-Spartan_Executive_NC17682_01A.JPG
#82 - 5haz
Quote from Kamrock :http://cdn-www.airliners.net/a ... /photos/0/8/6/0883680.jpg
After seeing one of these reach the end of the runway and climb almost vertically....

And of course I have to say this, when we saw it flying on TV it was damn impressive, unfortunately no pictures, I cba to spend more than 10minutes looking for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... kGVDs&feature=related

Amazing aircraft indeed, watch from 1:37 onwards for vertical takeoff.

I read that the lightning could accelerate in a vertical climb up to 30,000ft, and reach 50,000ft within one minute, like a rocket with wings bolted on.

Sadly one of the last flying examples crashed in South Africa last year, killing the pilot, now there are only three left.
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Awesome thread!
Educating myself as a flight technician so I'll start with those we have on our school (which I like ofcourse).

Howard Hughes H-1 Racer
Stunning!

Damn, that's so beautiful =D
Quote from SidiousX :Two seater MIG-21

I don't know why, but I LOVE turbo-prop airliners.

We have a turbo prop Jetstream on our school and a Saab 340!
They are beautiful!
One of our teachers reverses the jetstream into the hangar and parks it nicely without any problem! It's huge too!

Quote from Crashgate3 :Wow! That's beautiful!

Also, regarding the Viggen and Draken, I really like the Swedish Air Force's (and, well... Saab's) preference for 'odd' shaped aircraft.

Yeah, they have always been different and on J35 and JAS39 it really paid off.
The Viggen wasn't a great plane because they went with the american way "MORE POWAAAH!!".

More swedish aircrafts!

J29 Tunnan (Flying barrel)

My video of both JAS39 Gripen, the Vampire and J29 Tunnan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNHZqVXS8xA
Yes, the zooming on my camera is gay, I know

J32 Lansen (The Lance)

And here is MY video of the last flying Lancen in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aedyUJDsXfY
It must be the loudest thing I have EVER heard (apart from Pro Mods, funny Cars etc).
daamn it was loud!

And the Vampire!
Quote from Eddster :Yeah forgot about that. Was in absolute awe when it flew over at Fairford.

I was there for that too. It was incredible, like a UFO.
Guppy!
Quote from Tim_J_23 :

Howard Hughes H-1 Racer
Stunning!

I think that this is almost identical to a Romanian IAR 80

Bad quality picture but almost exactly the same angle, only mirrored
Umm....no. They're quite different.

EDIT: Need to read more closely. I read yor post as it *is* one of them, not just like it. They're still pretty different though
Come on guys, Have some lofty Goals, apart for the SR71...know one is even reaching.

It has always been my goal to get off this Planet, 'cause you're all nuts!

For more info "Google" White Knight Flight.

AAnt

Just because you are a Character, doesn't mean you have Character.
Where's the love for the old Hawker Hurricane? The unsung hero of the Battle of Britain!

#92 - 5haz
And of course, the Hawker Hunter.

And the BAC TSR-2, this aircraft would've been epic had the government not messed with and cancelled the project.

The Hawker Hurricane wasn't really any good, only thing good on it was the Brownings on the front, the german MG was no match at the time, only really until the Focke Wulf 190 was in service did the Germans have outright air firepower. The Hurricane was slow, very weak and just like the spitfire couldn't dive due to not being fuel injected like the German planes.
Quote from BlueFlame :The Hawker Hurricane wasn't really any good, only thing good on it was the Brownings on the front, the german MG was no match at the time, only really until the Focke Wulf 190 was in service did the Germans have outright air firepower. The Hurricane was slow, very weak and just like the spitfire couldn't dive due to not being fuel injected like the German planes.

Despite this, it shot down more German bombers than any other aircraft at the time. Doesn't matter how good or bad you think it was, the statistics speak for themselves. It did a tremendous job.
Quote from Gills4life :Despite this, it shot down more German bombers than any other aircraft at the time. Doesn't matter how good or bad you think it was, the statistics speak for themselves. It did a tremendous job.

It's not what I think, it's fact. As a fighter it was bad, as an interceptor it was okay.
#98 - 5haz
Well the basic design was getting on a bit even when the war started, infact even when production began. It was heavily based on the Hawker Fury biplane.
Quote from 5haz :Well the basic design was getting on a bit even when the war started, infact even when production began. It was heavily based on the Hawker Fury biplane.

Well the Polikarpov I.16 was based off the I.153 and that wasn't bad as a fighter, so it's no excuse
The I 153 was a lot newer and more advanced design than the Hawker Hart/Fury.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG