The online racing simulator
LFS Class: EVOC, CEVO & Defensive Driving.
Would anyone be intrested in a EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operator Course), CEVO (Certified Emergency Vehicle Operations) and Defensive Driving course based off the United States curriculum?

I would be providing the course, and making the syllabus based off the New York State classes I've attended. I've not done the whole EVOC course, as ambulance operators don't go over some of the more advanced stuff, but I will be soon with the police department.

There will be no didactic time but some Q&A, most of it would be in game, on track or in AutoX depending on what we are going over. Q&A would be provided in game, and via a Ventrilo / TeamSpeak server.

Anyone interested? Anyone want to help? Can anyone else prove that they have these levels of certification or equivalent for their country and would like to also provide a class?
#2 - G!NhO
Sounds like fun actually, i might be interested.
I agree. Sounds interesting. You could incorporate the practical tests in
Training. I'm sure there's an editor or at least someone who can do this.
Quote from Fonnybone :I agree. Sounds interesting. You could incorporate the practical tests in
Training. I'm sure there's an editor or at least someone who can do this.

All of the practical stuff really comes stock from the CEVO class on the defensive part, where as the EVOC has lots more practical stuff to do with offensive driving (PITT, Rolling Road Block, Box'ed In & Maintaining Control of a High Speed Pursuit.)
It sounds really good m8, i'd like to see that

Very Good Idea
One star rating, ouch.
Sounds interesting
Quote from Dygear :One star rating, ouch.

You have to admit this doesn't make much sense...

What is the purpose here? Do you want to start a business in giving online EVOC lessons? Is this some sort of a new cruise thing? Will I get a diploma for participating? Who is the project targeted at? Why would anyone take part, and what good would it do?

Just a few questions left unanswered.
I feel it is more for fun than anything. I have been trained in being a bodyguard (both armed and unarmed) in the past but due to lacking the money needed for the certificate at the end I just got the training. It is a useful set of skills to have if you've ever gone to a club you'd know why.

This defensive driving would be more of the same, I was taught vast amounts of defensive driving when I learnt to drive and it makes it easier to deal with situations on the road, so I can see how it'd be useful in that manner.
Quote from hyntty :You have to admit this doesn't make much sense...

[1]What is the purpose here? [2]Do you want to start a business in giving online EVOC lessons? [3]Is this some sort of a new cruise thing? [4]Will I get a diploma for participating? [5]Who is the project targeted at? [6]Why would anyone take part, [7]and what good would it do?

Just a few questions left unanswered.
  1. To Learn.
  2. No.
  3. No, but it might be useful in that situation.
  4. No.
  5. Anyone who wishes to learn the same skills as the people driving your Police Cars, Ambulances and Fire Equipment.
  6. To Learn.
  7. Learning, has it's own rewards. They might not be directly tangible, but the times you don't crash your car because of the skills you pick up, or the time you don't kill yourself makes it pretty much invaluable.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I feel it is more for fun than anything.[...]
It is a useful set of skills to have if you've ever gone to a club you'd know why.[...]
I was taught vast amounts of defensive driving when I learnt to drive and it makes it easier to deal with situations on the road, so I can see how it'd be useful in that manner.[...]

Very well put.
Sounds like a very interesting, and new idea. I might even be willing to add some help on behalf of SRS. Though I don't know anything about the courses or anything. I don't have any internet connection available to me where I could actually race or participate on online things though Unfortunately the ping of this connection is far to crappy!

Anyways, I like the idea and wouldn't mind learning along the way, even if I will never use the skills!
_BUMP_

Anything coming from this idea?
I'd like to learn this yesh

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG