The online racing simulator
What I wanna see in LFS
(36 posts, started )
What I wanna see in LFS
I wanna see:

-Better physics. Tyre burns so fast, differently as real tyres do.
-Better graphics. If LFS had GRID or NFSS graphics, LFS would be the best race game forever. For example: modeled cockpit, not textured ones.
-More real cars.
-Better mirrors.(I've already seen it in another thread)
-Some flames when the motor blows up.
-Better "crashes" as GRID, for example.
-Rain + wet tyres xD

And several more thinsgs that I forgot right now.
#2 - iRufy
Stop dreaming dude ...
Quote from iRufy :Stop dreaming dude ...

It's not a dream. It's possible if they work hard.
#4 - iRufy
It's not a dream. It's possible if they change the name into NFS *FIXED*
Quote from leonardo555 :I wanna see:

-Better graphics. If LFS had GRID or NFSS graphics, LFS would be the best race game forever. For example: modeled cockpit, not textured ones.
-More real cars.
-Rain + wet tyres xD

Physics are being updated.
One more real car is coming.
More real mirrors? How do you mean it?
Wet tyres - no need for them because there is no rain weather now.
Quote from leonardo555 :It's not a dream. It's possible if they work hard.

Sorry, but this is a dream. Too many changes. This is not possible.

-More real cars.
-Rain + wet tyres xD

flames? dudeeee please dont let it close to NFS or something will **** everything, and if you would have readed a bit more on the forum u know there are working on new handling and tyre physics
#8 - Seb66
Quote from Flame CZE :
Wet tyres - no need for them because there is no rain weather now.

Quote :-Rain and wet tyres

Sorry seb, I thought he meant rain tyres and wet tyres

-More real cars.
-Rain + wet tyres xD

"Better Physics" - this isn't a request in anyway since is opinion based; what would make better physics.

LFS has modeled cockpits; Dashboard has depth, even some of the road cars had 3D heat controls the last time I checked.

More real cars = big corporations getting paid for a 'name'. I don't think that is required, more car classes - probably.

But the best part of all;

"And several more thinsgs that I forgot right now." - Didn't want them very bad did you?

------

Disclaimer; I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see some of the above in LFS, but graphics I don't think are a deal breaker - why waste computation time on graphics when it could be spent on more physics calculations. Like I said "better physics" isn't describing any sort of idea. At least "tires heat up to quickly" shows your opinion on the tires; though I've never had much of a problem unless sliding around too much; in which case be more smooth and watch the sliding. For me better physics would consist of; more detailed tracks, (AFAIK we will get one "soon"...), brake fade; due to heating up the pads/disks too much, transmission issues when shifting without clutch (hard to balance when keeping auto clutch), track temperature changing in shadows, racing line with more grip than areas with marbles. I could keep going on, but that is how a suggestion is made, actually making the suggestion not just the idea of better physics. For all I know in the above "better physics" to you could mean the ability to take a turn at 90mph and still stay glued to the track. - not saying you mean this, but making a point that "better physics" and suggestions like it do not have real material as its only an opinion of what makes things better.

-More real cars.
-Rain + wet tyres xD

I agree with you on all suggestions except of the rain and wet tyres point.

In my opinion we'll never have any rain in LFS because therefore they would have to change the whole tyre physics again and then it would be S3 in 2022 or so
What I wanna see in LFS
Don't try to make LFS in to Rfactor or GTseries with asking all the time real cars.... Real cars mean REAL physics do you understund the jod and working size of this project???????I prefer to see

-Seperate handbrake force from brakes force
-Working temp gauges
-More real engine damage
-Gearbox damage
-Wind and air dynamics more acurate

My opinion for demoer
Quote from SouvlakiTheBest :Don't try to make LFS in to Rfactor or GTseries
My opinion for demoer

Exactly ... LFS is unique!

But i think that it could be animations of gears change. When you would change gear animation will play
Thanks buddy
And I already I agree for anime of hand when gear shifting in another thread..... + that one!!!
One more that I think it could be plus for more realistic sim would be better body deformation and with a guy that post it in another thread that when you have totaly kill your car you wont be able to move.And the engine sould stall and with hevy crashes.

#15 - War

-More real cars.
-Rain + wet tyres xD

And several more things that I forgot right now.

Just compare the ammount of people doing the LFS S3 and NFSS.
Saying this is like: I wanna see lamborghinis, ferraris, some audis, few maseratis, oh bmws ofcourse and some koeniggseggs in front of my house.
Just go play GTR2, its what you want.:sheep:

And i agree on animated gear shifts, would be adding tons of realism
Quote from War :And i agree on animated gear shifts, would be adding tons of realism

And what about night for endurance races ? We already can turn on lights ... it's a begining
Quote from War :

And i agree on animated gear shifts, would be adding tons of realism

No, it would not. It would cause realism problems. The animation cannot start before you actually changed the gear. Thus, it creates following paradox: If the gear change occurs when you yourself change gears, the animation would be played afterwards and would in fact not correlate with whats happening with the car, as there would be no gear change when the animations are played.
But if the gearchange is made in snychronisation with the animation, you would actually have to wait for the change to take playe, which would make timing of gear changes more difficult and would connect the player even more from the simulated car. The problem is even moer obvious if you use a H-gate shifter. There you'd change gear, just to observe the animation then change the gear for real afterwards.
#18 - War
Well as seen in many games, lets take GTR for instance, the gear change feels quite realistic.
My idea is that we should get a mindreading monkey for every LFS user and when the monkey reads that youre gonna make a gear change, then he would press a button or something like that to start the animation :monkey:
Quote from fab_iceman_67 :

And what about night for endurance races ? We already can turn on lights ... it's a begining

load -cloudy afternoon- and you're half way there..

edit: spelling
The only thing I'd really appreciate if they were added in LFS is mirrors (side ones as well) in all views. As much as some people hate follow, I like to use it for the smaller/slower cars and wouldn't mind having a some sort of rear view.

And pitbabes.
My gear change animation in LFS works flawlessly. When I change gears, my hand moves at precisely the same time that my hand actually moves.
Quote from alliennas :load -cloudy afternoon- and you're half way there..

Yeah half way ... But I wanna the night ! Like it is at 2:00 am
#23 - War
That would be much much harder to drive, but will add more difficultness. I think the only problem in lfs, is that the lights work, but they don't lighten the road. And as i think, devs should make a new light model/system...
Erf... too bad
Would be very nice to drive in the night
I don't want gear change animations because I dont need to see ingame body, but I want better mirrors were I can see my car in them

What I wanna see in LFS
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG