The online racing simulator
Quote from danowat :While it is dissapointing that the series "may" be run at the weekend, in reality nobody "owns" the rights to either the series name, or the idea of running a series featuring the cars.

Although I would be dissapointed if the series continued at the weekend using the current series name, I have no power, or will to stop it, but all I will say is, in the contact I had with NDR prior to this, I had stated I had no problem with anyone taking on the series, however, I wanted the series to remain "as it was", and moving the races to the weekend is clearly a large change.

Personally, I can see an amicable solution.

NDR continues to run their season, as they want to run it, but as an honourable jesture, they rename it to something else.

Not only would this enable NDR to run their champoinship as they see fit, it also enables the RSC to be run, maybe by someone else, maybe by me, in the exact manner it was run in the past.

I have no desire to get into an "politics" over this though.

On my perfectly honest view, I never, and from some discussions with others, never saw a changed date as a "major change" to the format of a series.

If we had implemented SCs, or somesuch, that's what I consider a major change...a date is a date if I'm honest on my view of it. The way and how a race is run is the format, and are the only changes that would be large.

The solution to run it but rename it is not acceptable on my view. I don't even see keeping our idea going on its current track as acceptable at this time...the only options I see are to return it to Thursdays and schedule someone do to the /qual and /restart etc commands and get replays posted; or scrap us running it altogether.

I will discuss it with Wilko, and we will come to a decision that will be made as soon as possible.

Why change the date?
I mean if you were going on board to take over the series why not take over it and not make room in your schedule's to account for the date?
If its to run a broadcast and have multiple admins on hand, thats rather poor excuse to be honest.

And using a "I have a life" excuse is also poor, everyone does.

I just felt like having a rant kthxbaii
Quote from AstroBoy :Why change the date?
I mean if you were going on board to take over the series why not take over it and not make room in your schedule's to account for the date?
If its to run a broadcast and have multiple admins on hand, thats rather poor excuse to be honest.

And using a "I have a life" excuse is also poor, everyone does.

I just felt like having a rant kthxbaii

All points were answered in some form or another in post #48.
Ok...

The behaviour from BOTH parties in this argument has shocked me to be honest. I haven't a clue what Timo has been on, and am quite frankly dissapointed to see him stoop that low and behave in such a manner. However, I am also rather dissapointed in the manner people have shown us their displeasure at the day change. Things such as...

Quote from GFresh :Saturdays? Pfft. I knew this would end up going tits up as soon as someone else started running it...

...are nothing but unhelpful to me and the team. What's wrong with a simple "Is there any chance of a day change?" nowerdays? Why draw conclusions now? All you accomplish in doing by telling me it's all gone "Tits up" is annoy or insult me. Not needed.

With regard to the day change, I have now seen the drivers of previous seasons (all be it not how I would like to) and I am very close to tweaking the schedule, moving the RSC to the Thursday prior to a TBOC raceday, which would still stay on a Saturday. A change I will also make, irrelevant to a day change of the RSC going ahead or not is reworking the race timetable (which I admit after looking over it a few more times is total rubbish).

But PLEASE guys, don't start insulting me, the series or the team (except if it's Timo) if anything is not perticularly to your liking. Just let me know via PM or in the brand new 'Suggestions' thread, opened to stop arguments like this starting again, in a CIVILISED manner.

All schedule changes will be made prior to sign-ups opening at 6pm tonight for both series.

Thanks

Chris
Chris, you are over reacting to the comments from both sides, don't take it personally, I am sure its not meant in the way you are taking it.

Might have been an idea to sound out the day change idea a bit earlier than a couple of days before the sign ups?

There are a lot of LFS'ers who raced in the RSC because of its Thursday timeslot.
Quote from danowat :Chris, you are over reacting to the comments from both sides, don't take it personally, I am sure its not meant in the way you are taking it.

Might have been an idea to sound out the day change idea a bit earlier than a couple of days before the sign ups?

There are a lot of LFS'ers who raced in the RSC because of its Thursday timeslot.

I'm not the one taking this to heart! (Deko will know what I mean)

Yes, it would have been a good idea to get the day changes sorted earlier than now to be brutally honest. I may postpone the sign ups on the RSC for a few days after the schedule change, I'll see what the craic is.
Yeah, my "Tits up" quote has been read (read typed) wrong to be honest, looking back over it again. It perhaps should have read...

"Saturdays? Pfft. I knew this would end up going tits up for me as soon as someone else started running it..."

I'm sorry if it was taken the wrong way, and i don't wish to stir up arguments or any hatred. I had just grown very fond of the RSC and was gutted that i wasn't going to be able to take part in any future seasons.
Quote from GFresh :Yeah, my "Tits up" quote has been read (read typed) wrong to be honest, looking back over it again. It perhaps should have read...

"Saturdays? Pfft. I knew this would end up going tits up for me as soon as someone else started running it..."

I'm sorry if it was taken the wrong way, and i don't wish to stir up arguments or any hatred. I had just grown very fond of the RSC and was gutted that i wasn't going to be able to take part in any future seasons.

No hard feelings matey, sorry from NDR as a whole for our reactions to your posts that we have obviously mistaken.

Anyway, you don't know whether you can compete in further series as yet. I'll make a final decision on the race day when Mr Palmer wakes up.
Quote from Wilko868 :(who I will probably get flamed by within the next 35 seconds for making this decision)

What did I say?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :No fcking point then, waiting for ages for this to come back round now i can't race because i wasn't hawking the league section. And im still half way down on a quite large waiting list. Great way to treat people who drove when the series wasn't so full last year. I think everyone would be pretty annoyed if the same happened in iTCC/MoE/IGTC no? Coincedence they're the most sucessful leagues in LFS, i think not.

Sorry to say, but if there's a priority, I don't see why it should be done to "some people" who actually bothered to show up once, and only finished 1 race out of the two they've taken part in. I fail to see how this kind of guys improved the series overall, and therefore I fail to see why they should get some kind of privilege.

There I've worsened the argument Bad me

Good luck Wilko
Im not bragging (well i suppose i am) i beat the previous WR by 2-3 tenths in qually, won race 1, made the biggest progress in race 2 until me and Jack had an off and you don't want me to drive? Like i said, the rounds after i couldn't make due to other stuff and whilst i only joined with 2 races left i didn't see the need to go totally out of my way to race FE2 which is the worst car for the XRT anyway or the last round which i wasn't even around for iirc when there wasn't a championship to contend for. But whatever, suit yourselves.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Im not bragging (well i suppose i am) i beat the previous WR by 2-3 tenths in qually, won race 1, made the biggest progress in race 2 until me and Jack had an off and you don't want me to drive? Like i said, the rounds after i couldn't make due to other stuff and whilst i only joined with 2 races left i didn't see the need to go totally out of my way to race FE2 which is the worst car for the XRT anyway or the last round which i wasn't even around for iirc when there wasn't a championship to contend for. But whatever, suit yourselves.

When the series was announced it was strictly first come - first served due to the fact that:

a) It gives every person from TBOC pleb (Ellis) to TBOC ace (Ramon) the opportunity to compete.

b) The drivers turning up : sign ups ratio was appalling in the 2009 season.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :i beat the previous WR by 2-3 tenths in qually, won race 1, made the biggest progress in race 2 until me and Jack had an off and you don't want me to drive?

And you believe that just because someone is faster than another that they have a right to push someone slower out?

End of discussion.
Suppose you haven't seen me race then, go watch Race 2 at BL1R.

Whats more exciting 2 people fighting for 8th place in 1 race, or more people fighting for 1st 2nd and 3rd and the championship, take me off the reserve list, you really don't deserve a sucessful race series, see you when it fails.
And perhaps with that attitude that's a good thing. Watch Ellis's angry dog on your way out.

EDIT By JO53PHS: My dog is a nice dog you fool :rolleyes:
You might be cocky now, just remember where you were 2 years ago and how quickly the community can put your team back on your ass if/when they get tired of your bullshit.
Right this is FINISHED.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG