The online racing simulator
White Volk TE37 Wheels for XRR
(15 posts, started )
#1 - edd_p
So I noticed the similarity between XRR wheels and Volk TE37's so I skinned them up to look the same Volk center caps and Volk blue bolts also.

This is only the white version for now, I may get round to do a gold version or the limited edition colours.

Screenie:

DDS@
http://rapidshare.com/files/336497150/XRR_Alloy1.dds
until I can get it on to LFS Database

*Warnings and Notes*
- Place into /*LFS folder*/data/dds/
- Don't forget to backup your old dds before putting this one in
- This is a highres texture to get the text to show nicely, original filesize is 40kb, new filesize is over 600kb. It doesn't sound like a lot of difference and probably won't affect much, but I guess it all has to add up.
- Yes, I did realise that there is another version of these wheels, but only when I posted up here. Also, imho, with center caps and bolts and proper blue text looks nicer.

Comments and crits welcome, go ahead with the flaming :P
They actually look very nice. Good effort!
#3 - edd_p
Thanks!
#4 - Nicce
h8 rapidshare..
can u/some1 else post it to this forum like a attachment.
#5 - edd_p
Yup, I was waiting for it to go on to lfs-database too, attached here
Attached files
XRR_Alloy1.dds - 682.8 KB - 628 views
#6 - Nicce
ty man..
downloading, cause i have a pc that can handle it
#8 - edd_p
Haha. So does everyone else's, but if I don't put some kind of warning I'll get told to or people will get carried away with loads of other textures :P
I'm making my own version of these.. Sorry but logos are the only common thing with the wheels.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I'm making my own version of these.. Sorry but logos are the only common thing with the wheels.

You think? IMHO they look pretty similar, it's just I don't have/can't be bothered to use bespoke to do the same. I do agree looking at it the outer rim could be a little closer but the spoke spacing is the same and even the flare on the end of the spokes is the same, I even overlayed the photo when I was testing it out at first. I await your version to see how you do it. Thanks for the input as well btw

Attached images
LFS 2010-01-18 00-26-33-57s.jpg
LFS 2010-01-18 00-27-53-48s.jpg
good job
nice!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :

Sorry for bumping an oldish thread.

I'd just like to know how to get teh shiny wheels

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG