The online racing simulator
Rally Games!
(23 posts, started )
Rally Games!
Hello every body , so im a rally fan and i cant think what i enjoy more than taking my steering wheel and playing RBR championchip and giving everything ive got , and getting great rezults . And i thought maybe there are similiar rally games to this one by physics but i cant seem to find any good games , so maybe can you guys help me and name some racing/rally games with realistic physic's ? I woud be really grateful
Richard Burns Rally is the best Rally game physics wise as far as I know, so there isn't really any other game you could try.
Dirt 2 maybe (not very realistic, but still.)
RBR is the only option at this point. All the Codemaster's offerings are garbage.
yeah i know codemasters and theyr arcade'ish rally games . Shame that RBR still doesnt have any compedition by physics even its already about 6 years old...
dirt 2 is really fun. I didnt like Dirt or Grid much, because the controls were so bad imo. But Dirt 2 actually feels much more direct, and weight transfer seems much more realistic. i can do Scandinavian flicks to get around hairpins.
I'd say DiRT 2 is the best rally game you could go for, even though it isn't much of a sim.
actualy im am looking for a sim , a rally sim and DiRT 2 is an arcade which is made for consoles and then got redone to pc...
Rally Masters: Race of Champions

It was the best simulator when it came, back in 2001 or so, and nowadays only the great RBR is better.
Quote from VyCkA-[WRX] :actualy im am looking for a sim , a rally sim and DiRT 2 is an arcade which is made for consoles and then got redone to pc...

its actually good though, and it may still be $19.99 on steam I got it for free w/ my 5850. If you only want a sim, then rbr is pretty much it.

check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvKc9zx5t0c
Quote from VyCkA-[WRX] :actualy im am looking for a sim , a rally sim and DiRT 2 is an arcade which is made for consoles and then got redone to pc...

False, it's not crappy console port like GTA IV.
The graphics look great but my pc is too old for these newer games... so its simply not worth for me to buy it
Quote from Furiously-Fast :I'd say DiRT 2 is the best rally game you could go for, even though it isn't much of a sim.

Agreed for for 100% accuracy
Quote from ATHome :Richard Burns Rally is the best Rally game physics wise as far as I know, so there isn't really any other game you could try.

Absolutely.
Played the game, and it's really amazing. It really took me a quite a long time of failing and practicing before i could actually properly drive in this game. Just the whole feeling of the game and the cars seem right.

Quote from Furiously-Fast :I'd say DiRT 2 is the best rally game you could go for, even though it isn't much of a sim.

Agreed, it isn't realistic at all, but it really is such a lot of fun to play.
Not quite like RBR, which gets quite frustating after a while, because it requires alot of practice and patience.
Quote from Stiggie :
Agreed, it isn't realistic at all, but it really is such a lot of fun to play.
Not quite like RBR, which gets quite frustating after a while, because it requires alot of practice and patience.

Thats why i like it so much, because in reality you cant just sit in a rally car drive practicly not listening to pace notes and still win , you need to practice alot and ajust everything to get max grip and etc...
#16 - senn
Quote from Stiggie :*snip* Not quite like RBR, which gets quite frustating after a while, because it requires alot of practice and patience.

patience especially when you find a "hole" in a map having strayed only just off the road. God that pissed me off lol
I bought Richard Burns Rally back when I got my G25, no doubt its the best rally game I've ever played.

Its so immersive, and for the era it came out its amazing.

Dissapointing there won't be another one, but the online fanbase is keeping it alive with new mods and updates, so for the price it is...I got it for £5 new...its a bargain and every car simulation fan should own it.

Look up at some replays on YouTube...ahh makes me wanna play it right now!

Its the best and most fustrating rally game you'll ever find
Quote from NitroNitrous :Rally Masters: Race of Champions

It was the best simulator when it came, back in 2001 or so, and nowadays only the great RBR is better.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately there's the issue with PAL-8 textures and newer video cards. Makes me want to build an old spec PC just to play this game again.
RBR is quite nice, but well ... i really got annoyed because 16gb for game like this is ... uncool. I had the rsrbr10 on it tho, anyways ... the handling in it doesnt seem very real to me. On higher speeds it went a bit arcadeish in my opinion. But at certain points + enbseries - it looked pretty nice.
#22 - 2xM
RBR is the only way to go, if you're looking for a sim rally game. I would not recommend the RSRBR, because it takes so much space and it really isn't worth it. Instead, you can go to the czech plugin site and play it there. Download a car you like, some new stages and enjoy online tournaments
I played dirt2 on my keyboard. For me the only positive side of the game was great graphics. I didn't like poor wheel ff, the poor car choice and everything is too "american". It's too much "showtime" with all that fireworks on every jump and finish line. I think it took away the rally spirit a bit, as there aren't real rallies to drive (stage after stage, where you sum up the times and the fastest driver wins). The graphics are great, but the content should go back to CMR2
Anyway...that's just my opinion
its only 16gb after it unpacks onto ur hard drive. DiRT 2 is still fun imo. its just more forgiving than RBR + the roads are not as dangerous

Rally Games!
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG