The online racing simulator
Quote from Becky Rose :I would, i've been hoping de la Rosa would be given another chance for years, because every chance he's had he's been absolutely stunning - but contractually unable to continue, and i'd really like to see more of him.

Heidfeld is a journeyman, solid reliable and uneventful.

He did good in 2006(DLR), but really Heidfeld outscored Kubica last year, and did it badly 3 years ago he would have to be a preferred choice even if he is boring.
the f1 launch dates in the first post
He doesn't like skiing much. Didn't go when he was with McLaren and looks like he's been forced by Ferrari
haha that alonso pic is classic
With every year he looks more and more lilke Dick Dastardly.
Is F1 gonna be more exciting this year or is it gonna be the same one horse race it was last year?
Also, when is Hamilton going to change his mindset from "i am the greatest gift to God's green earth" to something else?
It's going to be less exciting than last year (which was far from dull, even for F1 cynics) due to the new changes (especially the front tyre change).

Hamilton changed his general attitude (a bit) when he wasn't in the best car on the grid - something he hasn't had to cope with since his karting days. Brought him down a peg or two, and he realised that without the car he can be a monkey at the back too.
I think it will be quite an action packed season with the new regs tbh
Quote from 5haz :With every year he looks more and more lilke Dick Dastardly.

lol best xmas present i got was a 3 dvd set of wacky races

being serious for a second, never understood the logic of forcing a driver to do skiing if he doesn't like it as it sounds like a recipe for a torn ligament or worse

i recon that if the cars are as evenly matched as they were at the end of last season we could have a good year, there's going to be a lot of setup compramises to allow for the substantial change in weight over a race and mixing in the fact that now a car after a pitstop will be quicker than one waiting to pit due to new tyres and no extra weight, we could see a lot of battles between drivers that are on different stratergies both for setup and pitstops with cars that are substantially faster or slower than each other. plus we should see some electrifying pitstop time this year with just tyres to change, top teams are expecting sub 3 second stops to be the norm and maybe the odd sub 2 second stop!!
Quote from 5haz :With every year he looks more and more lilke Dick Dastardly.

Attached images
ezrgh.png
Quote from tristancliffe :Brought him down a peg or two, and he realised that without the car he can be a monkey at the back too.

...and we learned that even without the car he was only on rare occasions one of the monkeys at the back It was certainly a good year for Hamilton.
Quote from Intrepid :...and we learned that even without the car he was only on rare occasions one of the monkeys at the back It was certainly a good year for Hamilton.

Yes, on the occasions when the car wasn't a back of the grid car, he wasn't at the back. When it was, he was. It was a good year for Hamilton, but not because it showed any particular driving genius...
I would lie if I said that I wasn't excited for any possible combination of Alonso vs. Vettel vs. Hamilton vs. Schumacher.

Obviously depending on how good the cars will be.
Quote from tristancliffe : but not because it showed any particular driving genius...

Yea, but it did Tristan, why do you dislike Hamilton, just admit he is damn good and get over it, you're plainly jealous of Hamiltons success, we all would love to have had our karting career bought for us, but some of us just ain't that lucky. When will you get your head out of your arse and just admit you are jealous? Can't you be a man and not even admit you are a small bit jealous?
Jealous of Hamilton's success? I think we all are, aren't we?

Just because people have negative opinions of someone successful dosen't mean that their opinion is the result of their jealousy, you might find it to be a properly thought out opinion, if you took the time to look before firing off a standard reply.

'Oh you're just jealous' is just a standard cheap shot used by people who can't take it when someone says something they don't like about their heroes, of course they're jealous, who wouldn't be? So whats the point in saying that then?
Quote from BlueFlame :When will you get your head out of your arse[...]

Oh, the irony...

Anyway, I think out of the front runners Vettel is the only one with a decent personality, but that won't take away from my excitement for the battles that will (hopefully) unfold this season...
The drivers that we consider to be the most talented all started in rubbish teams. They made their mistakes before anyone knew who they were, the only time they were recognised was when they did something special. The opposite is true in Hamiltons case, the attention was on him from day 1, everyone knew who he was. We saw some of his special moments, but we saw all of the mistakes too, and when you make those mistakes in a championship winning position they are worse than mistakes made at the back of the grid in a slow car.
I love arox
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes, on the occasions when the car wasn't a back of the grid car, he wasn't at the back. When it was, he was. It was a good year for Hamilton, but not because it showed any particular driving genius...

He came out all guns blazing, faded in the middle when he gave up hope, but rallied and fought back toward the end of the season. On par, he drove better in more races than your boy Button - who shone in only a couple.
The arguing stops in March when they hit the track in the same car.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :The arguing stops in March when they hit the track in the same Kart.

fixed.

so... what about rubens? that poor old man will end his career under the 10000th regiment of the williams militia..... what a sad way to end.....
Quote from 5haz :

Just because people have negative opinions of someone successful dosen't mean that their opinion is the result of their jealousy, you might find it to be a properly thought out opinion, if you took the time to look before firing off a standard reply.

I'm not saying Tristan is jealous because he seems to dislike Hamilton, I'm saying it because it's blatently true. Tristan ignores all of Hamiltons skill for an unknown reason, hell, maybe Tristan doesn't like black people.

I'm not a Hamilton fan at all, and I disliked him too in the beginning of F1 for probably the same reasons as alot of people who dislike him also mention, but then I realized, I was just bitter because I am jealous, I admitted it to myself and now I am happy for the guy, and it's just a joy to see him beating the Ferraris.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG