The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Masturbation is just practice for the big show.

This man... speaks the truth.

Learn from his eternal wisdom!
Quote from Luke.S :the focus rs is an english ford you fool. American fords are crappy. English fords are good.

You're a fail mate... All Fords are American.
#54 - 5haz
There used to be a Ford of Britain, but it was merged with Ford of Germany to create Ford Europe in the 60s.

Ford Europe is quite independant from Ford USA, and a bit of development work goes on over at Bas Vegas and Brentwood, but Ford Europe's main headquarters are in Cologne.

No complete cars are have been made in the UK since 2002, only engines are built at Dagenham now. (An exception being Transit vans, which are built at Southampton).

So essentialy, European Fords are not necessarily American, seing as design and development goes on in Europe.

All in all, European Fords are built in Germany, Spain, Turkey, Russia and a bit in the UK, and are mostly German at heart which probrably explains why they are such good cars.

Just about the only thing American is the badge, American Fords and European Fords have quite separate bloodlines, with a few connections.

Infact, Ford USA imports Ford Europe cars such as the Mondeo, Focus and Fiesta, although they haven't sold well, with the exception of the Focus.
@Blueflame read and gain knowledge

Quote from 5haz :There used to be a Ford of Britain, but it was merged with Ford of Germany to create Ford Europe in the 60s.

Ford Europe is quite independant from Ford USA, and a bit of development work goes on over at Bas Vegas and Brentwood, but Ford Europe's main headquarters are in Cologne.

No complete cars are have been made in the UK since 2002, only engines are built at Dagenham now. (An exception being Transit vans, which are built at Southampton).

So essentialy, European Fords are not necessarily American, seing as design and development goes on in Europe.

All in all, European Fords are built in Germany, Spain, Turkey, Russia and a bit in the UK, and are mostly German at heart which probrably explains why they are such good cars.

Just about the only thing American is the badge, American Fords and European Fords have quite separate bloodlines, with a few connections.

Infact, Ford USA imports Ford Europe cars such as the Mondeo, Focus and Fiesta, although they haven't sold well, with the exception of the Focus.

Quote from blakehoo88 :@Blueflame read and gain knowledge

FORD IS AMERICAN. HENRY FORD WAS AMERICAN AND FORD MOTOR COMPANY IS AMERICAN. Jesus how many times do you freaks need to learn this? When Volkswagen create special models in Brazil, does that make the cars Brazilian? No, they are still German so just STFU with the technicalities bullshit.
#57 - 5haz
Yeah, but Ford Europe is virtually a completely different organisation in all but name.

VW may create special models for Brazil, I don't know how VAG works, but with Ford, cars are designed and developed completely from scratch in Europe, virtually completely independant from Ford USA.

Think of it this way, its like The Office, it was a British TV show but when the yanks bought it they changed a lot of stuff about it and wrote their own stuff, the only thing British about it in the end was the name.
Quote from BlueFlame :FORD IS AMERICAN. HENRY FORD WAS AMERICAN AND FORD MOTOR COMPANY IS AMERICAN. Jesus how many times do you freaks need to learn this? When Volkswagen create special models in Brazil, does that make the cars Brazilian? No, they are still German so just STFU with the technicalities bullshit.

Christ, you're dumb.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Christ, you're dumb.

OK? I've had this discussion with people on here before, Ford Europe is STILL American, the money and revenue they make goes towards Ford Motor Co, just like Lotus is Proton and TVR is Russian, where the money goes is important. Dodge is still GM just like Chrysler, a Dodge Viper and Chrysler Viper are the same thing. Almost ALL car companies have different factions in all continents and like Ford, Volkswagen for instance changes their European models to comform with the US regulations, normally they give bigger bumpers and shitty headlight or indicator setup, but it's exactly the same with Ford. The only reason people cling to the idea is so they can like the cars without hating themselves for hating something fundamentally American. It doesn't matter how you look at it, it's American. Just like Alexander Graham Bell, the telephone made it big in America, but he was still Scottish.
#60 - 5haz
So you're telling me Ford Europe dosen't have its own budget, at all?
Quote from 5haz :So you're telling me Ford Europe dosen't have its own budget, at all?

Not, AT ALL, but since it's original founding and funds were because of Ford Motor Co. then it is American by origin and always will be.
By your logic, America is England because England originally was like "OH HAI, HERE'S A NEW LAND!"..

I'm pretty sure if you went around saying "OH HAI, AMERICA IS ENGLAND.. LOLOLOL".. people might put you in an asylum.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :By your logic, America is England because England originally was like "OH HAI, HERE'S A NEW LAND!"..

I'm pretty sure if you went around saying "OH HAI, AMERICA IS ENGLAND.. LOLOLOL".. people might put you in an asylum.

America is England by origin, America isn't England anymore because England doesn't control it. Ford Motor Co. CONTROLS Ford Europe. Ford Europe is a subsidy of the same damn company ffs how on earth can it's nationality be different to that of it's parent company? It's impossible.
Dual-Citizenship.

/thread.
Guys, Ford all started in America like BlueFlame said, and they then branched out to Europe.

Why does it even matter anyway? This thread is about Ken Block..
Put it another way, there is a Panasonic Europe, but does that make it not Japanese? No. Thought not.
#67 - 5haz
Crucial thing is, European Fords are designed in Europe, unlike a lot of other car companies.
Looks cool - I want one of those T-shirts
Quote from brandons48 :Looks cool - I want one of those T-shirts

If you want to look like all those MTV addict 12 year olds around here that think they are cool for wearing monster/subaru shirts....
Quote from blakehoo88 :that's the focus right?

BTW: Does anyone know if sequential is allowed in rally america?

Not quite sure I would assume so. but as you saw just as much as I did. =)

But if its in there id assume so as well haha.

(Sry it wasn't helpful but, I know just about as much as you.)
#73 - JJ72
that's the focus, but apparently they haven't got it painted yet.
Quote from SidiousX :If you want to look like all those MTV addict 12 year olds around here that think they are cool for wearing monster/subaru shirts....

Heh, hardly anyone knows about Ken Block round here So no problem.
EDIT@ Look how much they cost in the UK lol! http://www.mx1.co.uk/ProductLi ... archstring=Monster+Energy
Ooooh, look what I found..
Quote from brandons48 :
Ooooh, look what I found..

Saw a few vids on youtube of him driving that!

Pretty sweet ride better then a ford! He's gonna end up on the side of the road with it DEAD!!!! Such a shame!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG